FM 2010 Official Sevilla Thread

dinostar77

Sevilla FC

History

The early years (1905–1948)

On 15 October 1905, the Civil Governor of Seville officially announced the creation of Sevilla FC. The 1939-40 season also brought Sevilla very close to its first La Liga championship. In 1942-43, Sevilla took second place in the league again but fell to third the next year. After a transitional year in 1945-46, Sevilla won its first and only La Liga title. In 1948, Sevilla captured its last Copa del Rey for the next 59 years.

The second half of the 20th century (1950-2000)

In the 60's, Sevilla started a decline to mid-table and after the 1967-68 season, Sevilla was sent down to the Spanish second division but returned to the top flight a year later. After another a brief drop and return in the early seventies, Sevilla remained firmly in the middle of the table until the 1996-97, when the club was sent down again. Another return to La Liga was followed immediately by a last place finish in 1999-00.

A new resurgence (2000–present)

Sevilla won the second division title in 2000-01. Having finished 6th in the 2004-2005 season, Sevilla qualified for the UEFA cup. Sevilla won the UEFA cup in 2006. They then went on to win the Super Cup against Barcelona the following season. Sevilla successfully defended the UEFA cup in 2007 and became only the second team in the competitions history to do so. They won the Copa del Rey in 2007 and the Spanish Super Cup in 2007.

The Future?

Can Sevilla make the step up and genuinely compete for La Liga alongside Barcelona and Real Madrid?

Can they make the step to the European Elite and lift the European Cup?

Honours

• La Liga (1): 1945-46

• Copa del Rey (4): 1934/35, 1938/39, 1947/48, 2006/2007

• Spanish Super Cup (1): 2007

• UEFA Cup (2): 2005-06, 2006-07

• UEFA Super Cup (1): 2006

• Segunda Division (4): 1928/1929, 1933-34, 1968-69, 2000-01

SQUAD

Goalkeepers

Javi Varas (GK) – Sub par goalie, one to be shipped out

Mario Ruyales (GK) – Even worse than Javi Varas, get rid of asap

Andres Palop (GK) – Club captain, from his stats seems fairly solid but could do better. 35 years old though, with two years remaining on his contract, gives you a little time to find a new number one to replace him.

Options – Get in a new number one within the next two transfer windows until then Palop will do, though he has no decent backup. A potential problem if he gets injured as Sevilla are chasing the La Liga title and the Champions League trophy.

Defenders

Sergio Sanchez (DRC) – A fairly average defender, though he is 23 can still probably improve a little. Most likely a first team backup

Adriano (DRL/WBL) – Sevilla’s starting left back, fairly standard stats, nothing to really stands out. However he is good on his off the ball movement and has ability to cut in side and run with the ball down the left. Will do for the left back slot for now. May prove to be a better play on the pitch than his stats suggest.

Didier Zokora (DR/DM/MC) – The one in the same, Zokora, ex-Tottenham. Good physical ability, quick probably will be backup right back until I get in someone better.

Ivica Dragutinovic (DLC) – 33 years old, probably better as a backup centre half than left back. One to ship out next summer.

Julien Escude (DLC) – technically sound centre half, though lack of pace means that he will get burnt by pacey strikers/wingers. Doesn’t have the mental attributes good enough to compensate for the lack of real pace. Backup centre half.

Sebastien Squillaci – One of the starting centre halves. Strong mentally, lacks a little in pace so needs a pacey partner at the back.

Federico Fazio (DC/DM/MC) – The rock. 22 years old Argentine. Definitely at key player in the spine of the team. The Vidic/John Terry of Sevilla. Indispensable and potential future superstar.

Lolo (DC/DMC) – Below average centre half. Chronic lack of pace. Get rid of.

Fernando Navarro (D\WBL) – Backup left back. Nothing special will do as backup for now.

Abdoulay Konko (D/WB/MR) – Pacey right back, good physical stats, not much else. Starting right back.

Jose Antonio Rios (D/WB/AML) – Awful. Get rid of.

Options: The centre half pairing of Squillaci and Fazio is solid, if lacking some pace. Ideally a pacey partner for Fazio would be ideal. Both left and right back positions can be improved.

Midfielders

Christian Romaric (DM/MLC) – Physically strong player, and good at free kicks. Probably a starter in midfield due to lack of alternatives. Box to Box midfielder though mental attributes are average.

Aldo Duscher (DM/MC) – Midfield hard man. The same guy who broke David Beckham's metatarsal a few years back. Definitely the midfield destroyer/anchor man of Sevilla. A starter in first eleven if an anchor man is required.

Esteban Sachetti (DM/MC) – Awful. Get rid of.

Renato (DM/AMC) – Average Brazilian in terms of stats, some how got 28 caps for Brazil. Again like Romaric, will start in first eleven due to lack of alternatives.

Tom De Mul (AMR) – Only decent attributes are his crossing and acceleration. Get rid of.

Jesus Navas (AMRC) – Winger, Home grown star. 23 years old. Lighting quick, technically accomplished. Definitely a key player for Sevilla. Another key player in the spine of the team. Potential superstar.

Diego Perotti (AMRC) – Backup for Jesus Navas. Only 20 years old. One for the future. Could be a gem.

Lautaro Acosta (AMRC/FC) – Only 21 years old. Very quick, good technically, could be played through centre or on the wing. Only real weakness not very strong. Interesting player though.

Diego Capel (AML) - Again very young only 21 years old, very quick and good crosser. Starting left winger. Home grown star.

Jose Carlos (AMC/FC) – Not good enough. Get rid of.

Options: Sevilla have some very good, very fast and technical wingers. Either Acosta or Perotti could be re trained to operate down the left wing as a backup for Capel. Sevilla could do with some better central midfielders, a playmaker, box to box midfielder and another enforcer as an alternative to Duscher.

Forwards

Javier Chevanton (FC) – Backup striker. History suggests a low double figures man.

Frederic Kanoute (SC) – Kanoute, ex Tottenham. 31 years old. Contract expires end of 2010. Would renew but he’s on 110k a week. That is 50k more than anyone else at Sevilla. Ridiculous. Unless he takes a pay cut then it’s a swansong season for Kanoute in the colours of Sevilla.

Arouna Kone (SC) – Fast striker, not much else. A back up at most. History suggests poor goal scoring record.

Luis Fabiano (SC) – Brazil’s staring striker and most likely to lead the line for Brazil in the 2010 World Cup. 22 in 31 international games. Enough said. Another key player.

Alvaro Negredo (SC) – 23 year old Spaniard. Real Madrid youth product. Made his name at Almeria, hit double figures for them for the last two seasons. Potentially could get better. A backup for the Fabiano/Kanoute partnership.

Options: Strong upfront. Kanoute will need replacing eventually. Ideally a partner who suits Luis Fabiano’s game.

Analysis

Overall: Sevilla have a fairly good first eleven with some very quick and technically sound players. Midfielders in the wide positions and attack are definitely strength. The heart of the midfield can be easily improved upon. The core of the defence is sound however the fullbacks can be improved upon. Fazio, Navas, Capel and Fabiano make a strong-ish spine though they need a new number one keeper.

There are unfortunately no outstanding prospects in the reserves or under 19 teams.

Preferred Formation

GK Palop

LB Adriano

RB Konko

CB Fazio

CB Squillaci

LW Capel

CM Renato

CM Romaric

RW Navas

CF Fabiano

CF Kanoute

Why you should play as them:

1. Break the strangle hold of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

2. Win the league title after a 60 year absence.

3. Add a new name to the European Cup.

4. Build a new Spanish Dynasty

5. Try to complete a squad that has some good Spainish/Argentine and Brazilian players, for an additional challenge try to keep to these nationalities only.

6. They have on paper the speed and technical ability to play like Arsenal; they could be lethal on the counter attack with a high tempo, one touch game. Could cause devastation across the face of Europe.

Following up from my opening thread, I opened the season with a 4132 formation (Duscher sitting in front of the centre halves). So far I have been scoring (Fabiano is on fire) however I am also conceding at an alarming rate. A few 2-2, 3-3 draws. Decided to drop Duscher and use Dider Zikora in front of the back four. Hopefully his pace will help my centre halves when they get in trouble. It has helped, but I decided that I needed to revert to 442 so I can use both Fabiano and Kanoute together, will reserve the 4132 for difficult away games.

Sevilla, are a strange one as you have such good wide players (on paper) however getting them to work as you imagine is more difficult than I thought. I definitely need to strengthen the centre of my midfield. You have to play a formation that utilises Capel and Navas and you don't have anyone who can play in the hole behind the strikers. Maybe if I sell Kanoute and bring in a number 10 who will drop in behind Fabiano, then he can nit the gaps between my midfield and attack. Then I can change to a 4231.

Javier Pastore or Yoann Gourcuff could do a job as a classic playmaker, though if I wanted more of a goal threat than creative I could go with a Rooney/Totti type of player, but I'd have to do some scouting to find the right player, at the right price and who wanted to come to Sevilla.

Just had a crazy idea, bring back Reyes! Covert him into a number 10, to play off Fabiano. That could be interesting. Well I'm off to get my secretary to call the chairman of Benfica……

I am top with Sevilla with 6 games to go. Defence is weak but Kanoute and Fabiano are on fire. Top scoters in the League, averaging over 2 goals a game. It's hard to keep clean sheets though. Also in the quarter finals of the CL, but going to struggle to get through, 2-1 down to Sporting after the first leg.

Just started as Seville. Looks like a good challenge. Play a pretty standard 442 formation. Fabiano went off to Chelsea so bought in Cardozo from Benfica as a backup to Kanute\Negredo.

Also bought a pacy centre back from German football and Di Maria as a backup left winger\left midfielder. Lost my first game 5-4 away to A Madrid after being 4-2 up with 20 mins to go.... Gon on an unbeaten run for 5 games and am now upto 5'th. Kanute\Negredo are on fire but Capel and Navas have been injured. Cardozo has not looked good in the few games he has played.... any tips for getting the best out of him ?

Playing as Sevilla now too, im half season and it seems quite easy to get good results.

Im playing 4-1-3-2.

Sold:

Lolo 2.5M EUR to CSKA

Kanouté 8.5M EUR to Chelsea

Squillaci 8M EUR to Arsenal

Chevantón loan to Zaragoza

Bought:

Kiko Femenia 2.6M EUR

Ustari 6M EUR

Padapopoulos Kyriakos 2.3M EUR

Welliton 12M EUR

Adrián 4M EUR

Standings:

1. Sevilla 42 points

2. Barcelona 39 points

3. Almeria 35 points

4. R.Madrid 33 points

6. A.Madrid 28 points

15. Valencia 20 points

Results:

Valencia - Sevilla 0-2

Barcelona - Sevilla 1-1

Sevilla - A.Madrid 6-0

Sevilla - R.Madrid 2-0

Season 1 ended, its quite easy to play with Sevilla. Tbh I think they are a bit overrated.

Won the Spanish league.

Lost in semi final of Spanish cup to Barcelona with away goals.

Lost in final of CL to Barcelona after extra time.

2mnr5nc.png

My team for next season:

ba80j.png

Just started a new game with these. Decided not to buy anyone as yet, should be able to finish in the top four with what I have and from there I'll start to bring in some new players. Will have to save as I think I could use a few new players, not to mention I'll have to replace Kanoute due to his age and wage package.

Played my first game last night against Mallorca and managed to win 3-1. Good early signs but then stopped playing to watch Top Gear.

I'll probably be back for some ideas on some players once I've decided what I need.

• 3 weeks later...

Started a Sevilla save after watching them today ruin my accumulator! And also they have an interesting team.

I'm going to be playing a 4-2-3-1 (2 MCs), which I think accommodates their team rather well... I'm about a week into July and my current transfers have been:

IN:

Marco Verrati - £300k

Gago - £5m

Annan - £4m

OUT:

Cala - £500k (Arsenal)

Kanoute - £11.5m (Chelsea)

Koné - £4m (Genoa)

Dragutinovic - £1m (Arsenal

And Otamendi to join at the end of the season is looking quite likely.

And with the sale of Kanoute it freed up a lot of wage budget, so I moved some of that over to transfers and I have about £22m left to spend.

At the moment I don't have a decent Attacking Midfielder (centre) so if anyone has any suggestions on who I could sign as a first team player that would be great. And maybe a right back as well as Konko doesn't really look first team material.

Transfers are now done, and here are how my transfers went as well as my pre-season:

INS (all in £)

Verratti - 300k

Gago - 5m

Annan - 4m

Stendardo - 75k

Diego Souza - 9.25m

El Shaarawy - 2.5m

Defour - 13m

Alan Dzagoev - 16m

Lukaku - Loan Fee 275k, future fee 1.3m

Frederico Vilar - 2m (Palop injured for 3 months near end of August)

OUTS (all in £)

Kanoute - 11.5m (Chelsea)

Cala - 500k (Arsenal)

Dragutinovic - 1m (Arsenal)

Kone - 4m (Genoa)

Tom De Mul - Loan Fee 900k

Inglesias (regen) - 2.1m (compensation, Barcelona)

Renato - 5m

Jose Carlos - 150k

Lolo - 3m

Romaric - 4m

So I had a pretty massive overhaul at the club and I feel i've brought in the right quality to challenge at the top of the table. I would have liked another RB but I couldn't find any worth splashing the cash on, so that will be an area for improvement at a later stage.

Pre-season went pretty well scoring 14 goals in 4 games, 1 of which I lost (thanks ass. man).

This is what will probably be my starting XI for most of the games, only exception is I may decide on Defour being a starter ahead of Gago.

2po71pl.jpg

So there we go, all that's left to do is bring in some decent staff and I'll be well away! First game of the season is coming up against Valladolid away, then Sporting away.

• 1 month later...

I posted about this on another thread, namely Sevilla's financing which has me confused. I began managing the team almost mid-way through season three. The team is making a loss of 2-3m a month! The wage bill at this stage was about 800k pw.

At the start of season four I've shaved about 140k pw off the wage bill but there will still be a big loss each month.

NOW FOR THE REALLY CONFUSING BIT; I have 23m in the bank and a transfer budget of 50m! If I spend this the team will be 27m in debt AND losing money each month.

PLEASE, can anyone explain how the team owners can give me this budget under these circumstances? So far as I can tell, if I spend it I bankrupt them!! Thanks.

Finances have never been my strong point, Could be a number of things.

Sevilla if i remember correctly are a club owned by the supporters so maybe a wealthy buisnessman took over or something? Post a screenie of your finances screen and im sure some of the veterans on FM can help.

Anyway i will be starting a sevilla save this year as i enjoyed a game with them last year, Not sure on whether to wait for an update if ones coming soon (one usually comes at end of january).

Hopefully will kick some life into this thread.

I've been playing as Sevilla for a few seasons now. I'm in 2015, won the CL and League once each, finished in the top 3 every year. Finances are difficult, for some reason we finish each season about 10-20 mil in the red, and I'm definitely dependent on going deep into the CL every year in order to turn a profit. I like my squad, but it's a stressful long term game because of this. Trying to get my squad to the point where I don't feel like I need to add a 20mil+ player every offseason so I can save up some money and not worry about going into the red.

I've been up to about 30 mil in debt, then the Chairman helps out with injections and my loan was refinanced into a gift loan (where I only pay if I'm in profit). The board gives me a big transfer kitty every season though (40-60 mil), so they don't seem too worried about the seasonal debt.

I've been playing as Sevilla for a few seasons now. I'm in 2015, won the CL and League once each, finished in the top 3 every year. Finances are difficult, for some reason we finish each season about 10-20 mil in the red, and I'm definitely dependent on going deep into the CL every year in order to turn a profit. I like my squad, but it's a stressful long term game because of this. Trying to get my squad to the point where I don't feel like I need to add a 20mil+ player every offseason so I can save up some money and not worry about going into the red.

I've been up to about 30 mil in debt, then the Chairman helps out with injections and my loan was refinanced into a gift loan (where I only pay if I'm in profit). The board gives me a big transfer kitty every season though (40-60 mil), so they don't seem too worried about the seasonal debt.

What this seems to indicate is that the club doesn't rely entirely on being self-funded. It must have a sort of Abramovic 'sugar-daddy' on hand to help it out. Maybe I should just spend that transfer kitty and see what happens!

Good luck Gilly, 10.3 shouldn't be too far away if you can hang on. Maybe start a Sevilla save to work out tactics etc? Then start properly once 10.3 is out?

Decided to start a save to have a little look at tactics staff ect then start properly when new update comes. May sell kanoute and play a 4-2-3-1 setup like Mikal has a few posts up, will need to bring in a AMC that sits behind the striker, Maybe Canales as one for the future as not too sure if hes stater right now.

Squad is pretty strong already and think i will only need to strengthen the defence with a new RB and LB maybe, Will look to really concentrate on my youth team and bring in a few youngsters.

Luc - There have been seasons where I've spent the whole kitty and it hasn't been a problem. If you need to spend it, I would. Just be sure to get some winnings money from the Champs League with all those new signings!

Gilly - I've brought through some good youngsters so far; at least one, maybe two with the potential to break into the first team in each new batch of kids. (Also signed some youngsters from abroad, of course).

It doesnt say that on my save mate says sevilla own it, So i made a board request to expand the stadium to find out what it would say and they agreed with me that it needs to be expanded and plans are afoot to expand the stadium.

Sold Kanoute to Chelsea for £10m which didnt go down well with the fans but i believe they will come round if i start winning. Couldnt get canales as they wanted about £13m and i thought that was a little too much so got Vukcevic for £13m instead and Renan for the same price.

Also brought in Diego Benaglio from Wolfsburg for £17m and am happy with my squad, Will ship out a few more and bring in a few youngsters for the future.

I noticed that the backroom staff was very poor and so few. So had a complete overhaul of them and brought in a ton of good scouts/coaches aswell as a new Assistant manager.

Will get some games in today and update you with how it all works out.

Hmm interesting about the stadium. My game build was the first patch, with the 10.2 applied later on, so I wonder if it was something to do with that. Or maybe something happened before I got there (I played two seasons as Sampdoria on this save before joining Sevilla). Too bad, could really use a stadium increase.

13 mil is a lot for Canales (I have him in my squad, was there when I got there, but he's never developed). I'd go for Adrien (Sporting CP) as he becomes a beast later on.

By the way, my current team in Jan 2015 looks like this:

GK: Akinfeev

DR: Gonzalo Castro/Regen

DL: Juan Manuel Vargas/Regen

DC: Jordan Spence

DC: Sidnei/Mexes

DMC: Sandro

MC: Adrien/Xabi Alonso

MC: David Silva/Bernardo

FCR: Falcao/German Pacheco

FC: Negredo

FCL: Keirrison

I also still have Navas but haven't used him much since I switched to a 4-3-3 with three traditional forwards.

Nice team there mate, How have you done so far in league ect?

Also do you not have fazio or capel? They look good and i reckon should be kept for as long as you can.

Got some time today so going to play as much as possible, Had 3 friendlies so far and Fabiano is on fire.

Will report back later/Tomorrow.

Thanks. Lost Fazio a few seasons ago after he wanted a new challenge. Sold him to Sunderland for 17 mil, then won the league, and he's sitting mid-table. Not the best career move for him. Was using Capel a lot, and he was playing well, but then I changed my tactic to a 433 so I sold him on. Definitely keep them if you can though, both quality players. Negredo scores consistently, too. Oh and I just sold David Silva for 23 mil, but he was 30, so I figured I'd never get more than that for him, and Bernardo is playing well. I'd go after a world-class keeper if you can, really can't say enough about Akinfeev. Spent 25 mil on him, was my first purchase, and he has been awesome ever since.

Sitting 3rd in the league in 2016, 3 points behind Barca, 1 behind Madrid. Really hard to overcome them with all the quality players in their squad. I think Madrid had 6 players on the world player of the year shortlist in 2015, Barca had like 4. Have won league once and CL once, probably should be doing a bit better, but like I said, La Liga is hard because there are 4/5 teams that are leaps and bounds better than every one else. Nobody drops points.

I’m looking to start up my first ever save with Sevilla, and looking for tips on a pacey CB to partner Fazio. Otamendi is of course an obvious choice, but I would prefer a Spanish player if possible. Could potentially splurge most of my transfer budget (as I plan on following the theory of ‘building from the bag’, so defence is a priority) if necessary. Any suggestions?

Almost through my first season, My brother joined me in a network game and he picked Athletico Madrid.

Currently sitting top of the league (just) with 10 games to go. Will probably get through it by tomorrow night so will do a big update on how i got on tomorrow.

Finally finished my first season, Started a network game with my brother. Me as Sevilla and he was Athletico Madrid.

Transfers

Decided i needed to strengthen the defence with a RB and a Pacey CB, Otamendi was a no brainer at £6.5m and after negotiating for many RB players with no suitable offers being accepted managed to get Rafinha for £15m. Also strenghtened the GK position with Ustari.

The rest were all youngsters for the future including a young spanish regen LB named Carlos who i got for £11m with the potential to be great (All little steep but worth the gamble i hope).

Table

Had an up and down season with Barcelona comfortably leading the league by around 7-8 points up until the end of january. Barcelona then hit a rocky patch including a 5-1 demolishing at the hands of Luis Fabiano and co which saw me take the lead and i kept it right up to the last 3 games where real madrid went 2 points in front leading into the last game.

That set up a tense finale with my last game being against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, Things were going well with me leading Barcelona 2-0 right up until the 85th minute when Barcelona pulled one back with a Marquez free kick and Messi sealed our second placed finish in injury time with a stormer from 30 yards out. (Real Madrid Drew too in the end which would have seen us champions if messihadnt have scored).

Spanish cup saw us knocked out in the quarters i think to Tenerife after a 4-1 loss away never came back at home and won 1-0.

Dissapointed with our run in the champions League, Stormed through the group stages which included Porto and Stuttgart. Which saw us drawn against Fiorentina in the knockout phase.

We was poor away from Home getting beat 5-1 and things looked bleak, I told the team the pressure was off for the home match and just went all out attacking from the start.

We dominated and could have won easily by 5 or 6, But it all ended 3-0 and we were out.

Squad

Was very pleased with my squad, Luis fabiano and Negredo were fantastic all season and scored constently to turn tons of games around where our denfence looked shakey.

Jesus Navas was undoutibly the star player though and was fantastic all season scoring 9 and creating 18 in around 30 games (with 8 subs appearances).

Rafinha was a little dissapointing though and hadnt settled at Sevilla all season even with a month leave to try to get his head together, Just started my new season and he has settled in eventually so hopefully he will do well from now.

My brother had a good season, Both Forlan and Aguero were on fire and the latter picked up player of the year and golden boot. His defending was shocking though which is why his season was about the same as mine with a 3rd place in La Liga and a last 16 knockout stage of Champions League(Not sure who against Atm, will fill in later).

Feeling pretty good about this season and have already done my signings, will update you on who i brought in and who got shipped out tomorow.

Just finished the 2016-17 season. Won the league by 2 points with 99 (Mardid 97, Atletico 89, Barcelona 87), scored 107 goals. Falcao, Keirrison, Negredo, and Pacheco all had at least 18 goals (Pacheco out for the last 4 months). Spence asked for a new challenge halfway through the season, so I sold him to Arsenal after the end of the season for 37 million (euro). Lost in the CL to Real in the Quarters (couldn't overcome a disappointing 3-2 first leg), and won the Cup. The 433 I'm running is really working a treat.

The big news is that the board finally announced plans for a new 63,000 seat stadium. The other one was owned by Sevilla Atletico in my game, so I couldn't expand it. The chairman also gifted me 90 mil, so my bank balance at the beginning of July was sitting at a healthy 140 mil., and I had a 120 mil transfer kitty. I ended up using 47 million of it to sign various promising regens and a replacement (regen) CB for Spence. Transfers are expensive, deals are hard to come by, so I ended up having to spend 30 million on the replacement. He's only 21 though, and looks quality.

So, in sum, new stadium to be done in 2019, 63,000 seats.

47 million in purchases, 49 million in sales, 120 million bank balance. I do owe about 2 million a month in loans now because of the stadium.

I was going to start a new game when the new patch gets released, but I might have to see this one out a while so I can enjoy the new stadium!

Also, congrats on the season Gilly, it sounds like you are doing well so far. Sevilla has been a really enjoyable save for me.

Like I said earlier, Negredo is still good for 20-25 goals a season for me in 2017, so if you get rid of him, make sure it's for a good price and you have a replacement lined up.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed reading this as me and my flatmate recently started a La Liga network game, me as Sevilla...

Generally stuck to the same principles mentioned above, I did bring in Marco Casseti for £2.5m at RB though and he has done some sterling work. Perotti has been a game as well. Mid-season complacency cost me though. Only lost four times all season, but far too many bewildering draws. Now onto second season rebuilding.

• 1 month later...

Just started a season with Sevilla. Just done all the stuff I usually do at the start like coaches, friendlies, feeder clubs etc and have been told they are investing in expanding all facilities and stadium so that is :thup:

Had a quick look at the squad and I am pretty pleased and have a lot of strength in depth. I have decided I need a young goalkeeper that could take the place of Palop in a year or two but might wait to do that until next season and just buy a better one. My main priority is selling Kanoute and bringing in another top quality striker instead of him. Managing to sell Tom de Mul for 2.7 mill as well :D

Other than that I have highlighted a backup young LB, potential CB, AM and a young striker as things that I need. I will update this later in the week when I have done a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...

Began as Sevilla last night/this morning, and the main thing I've done is bring in some top quality coaching staff, ass man, scouts and physios. I plan on selling De Mul, Kanoute, Adriano and Drago, and bring in a quality central midfielder and a backup left back.

I'm gonna vary my formation between two main bases, a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3, eg:

Palop

Stan - Squillaci - Escude - Navarro

Romaric - Renato

Capel - Perotti - Navas

Fabiano

Or....

Palop

Konko - Squillaci - Escude - Navarro

Zokora

Romaric - Renato

Perotti - - - - - - - - - - - Navas

Fabiano

I can't see the squad I've got at the moment being able to challenge for the title, but I do expect a Champions League spot, and hopefully I won't be too far off the standard of the top two.

Hey all currenly with Sevilla, 2013/14, challenging for champions league spot for the past 3 season, Before that i was with Valladolid and Numancia.

I play 4-2-3-1 assymetric, balanced overlaod!!! Quite handy as the other team is always defending

Here is my current squad: Let me know what you think, the ones in bold are players who I bought to the club, italics are regens

GK:Ochoa, Seculin - on loan, Yevdokimov

DR: Glen Johnson, Gamez (also dc), Crespo (also DC/DL)

DC: Fazio, Burdisso, Squillaci, Lolo (also DM),

DL: Jose Angel

DM (playmaker): Gojko Kacar,Didier Zokora (also DR), Romaric (also ML)

ML: Diego Capel, Adriano (Can play anwhere), Mejia

MC: Defour, Navas (also used as AMR)

AMR: Perotti (also AMC),

AMC: Afellay (all across mid), Ander, Alfaro (also AMR), Fernandez Gonzalez,

ST (target man): Cardozo, Aquino (also ml), Negredo

Afellay was already at the club and so was Burdisso. For some reason I had a crap Argentinian GK: Fabian asman, i replaced him in the summer of 2010/11, my first couple of months in charge. I took over during March 2010/11.

I hopefully want to challenge for the title next season, and have signed Sakho as Fazio, Burdisso, Squillaci are leaving. I also have two good argentinian regens who are in youth team, they will provide cover in defense.

Any comments?

What's wrong with Kanouté Joe? Because he's from Lyon eh? :(

--

Abit light at CB and LB aren't you UAF_85?

Yes, I know but Adriano can play there, Gamez has also been playing there.

Ive just got rid of Fazio, Burdisso, Squillaci and Gareca (4 cbs)

Sakho has come in, whilst another 2 regens Enrique (arg), and Johansen (den) will provide cover.

My signings for the summer 0f 14/15, were:

DC: Sakho,

DM: Ruben De la Red

ML: Albert Reira

And the players who have left are: DC: Fazio, Squillaci, Burdisso, Gareca

Apparently teh fans were quite happy when Fazio left due to his refusal to sign a new contract. Will neeed reinforcements but I dont want to compromise domestic player bias I tend to keep.

Jesus Navas is so good at cutting in from the left. According to his positions thing he can't play there, but on pitch you wouldn't have a clue.

he does have that on my save, but would you rather play him moveing into channels or cuttin in

In his advanced instructions I set it as moves into channels, but in practise it ends up as cutting inside.

I do the same for Capel on the right, but he's not been very effective so far. But it's still preseason anyway, I might be getting carried away with myself :)

Yeah I noticed you played him at CM, thought it was a bit strange tbh, he doesn't seem suited to any defensive duties that would come with a box to box role. Also doesn't B2B have 'holds up ball - yes', when Navas is better at running with the ball?

Archived