• Box to Box Midfielder
    • Winger, All Duties
    • Defensive Winger, All Duties
    • Inside Forward, Support
    • Inside Forward, Attack
    • Others

Player profile

profilemarin.jpg

Is this one of the hottest prospects in German football? His attributes doesn’t look very impressive to me. Looks like someone who can and will only play half a match.

Facts:

Marko Marin, a German footballer of Bosnian Serb descent, plays as a winger for Werder Bremen. He made his big money move from Gladbach to his current club over the summer.

Honours:

2. Bundesliga – 2008

UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship - 2009

are you actually signing these players and reviewing them or just saying 'he's a good prospect i'll make a thread'?

as it would be nice (imo) for someone to make a thread about a player who they have actually signed and played so people can know how to play them and how well they play etc etc

To quote Kox, one of the German researchers in the data issues thread:

"It's simply not true that Marko Marin "plays almost all of the games".

In fact he was subsituted in seven of the eight games he's started this season (2009/10).

During his time at Gladbach he was usually tiring down massively after 60 minutes"

Marin is a quality player IRL (I saw him play last season for Gladbach vs Stuttgart) and in the game , but the physical side of his game needs developing through training in the game

are you actually signing these players and reviewing them or just saying 'he's a good prospect i'll make a thread'?

as it would be nice (imo) for someone to make a thread about a player who they have actually signed and played so people can know how to play them and how well they play etc etc

totally agree ive just signed in to find millions of posts about players (most well known) theres no way you have signed them all and played with them to give enough information on them.

plus im sure the mods said something about a limitation on official threads each person can make , so give someone else a chance and actually play the game for a while

• 4 weeks later...

Actually he is playing as an attacking midfielder playmaker something like that,he provides some great key passes in the game but he is physically sooo weak.But there is also another prospect in the team Mesut.And he is so much better than him in every way

His stamina can probably improved to around a 13 by age 24. Good thing is that his natural fitness is decent. With proper tutoring, he can go quite far.

Just checked - He's a stamina 13 at age 23 in my game. Currently at Juventus. So if he cost quite a bit, I'll probably keep him for a couple of years to see how he develops.

To think this lad was touted as the next Beckenbauer on many previous FM's is pretty laughable.

He's actually good on the game and he's like Diego Buonanotte, he's very quick, creative, skillful and has bags of flair. Despite the stats not looking the most jaw dropping, he can be very effective in the right side.

• 4 months later...

I have got some problems getting my wingers to perform for my Leeds side... I had Eduardo Salvio and played him as a winger on attack duty, moving into channels, but Arsenal bought him and I replaced him with Marin.

I play 4-2-3-1 - either with wingers or with three AMC:s. Marin plays to the right.

How would you recommend me to play him? Role?

• 2 months later...
To think this lad was touted as the next Beckenbauer on many previous FM's is pretty laughable.

He's actually good on the game and he's like Diego Buonanotte, he's very quick, creative, skillful and has bags of flair. Despite the stats not looking the most jaw dropping, he can be very effective in the right side.

How did a winger ever get touted to be the next Beckenbauer? I thought Beckenbauer was a sweeper... Maybe I've misunderstood as I don't know a huge amount about legends and past football

To be honest though Marin looks pretty good in attacking traits but his mentals are shocking...

I will never go near him plus anyway he's sort of in Ozil's shadow now

Viquitor what kind of training schedule do you have him on ? He is age 24 in my save and he's way way behind your version of him. He is in the 2nd season under me and so far hasn't had any major injuries and has started 40+ games + further 20 games from the bench.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived