FM10: Tim Cahill

Sky

Player Attributes:

2ylr9yd.jpg

Player Position:

2ib2ct2.jpg

I have been a long time admirer of his mental stats since FM08 and 09, but never really had a chance to try him. So in the FM10 demo, I finally snapped him up while playing as free spending Spurs, offloading Keane and Defoe to make room for him. However, it is so frustrating to find the best position and settings for him. I didn't realize he was so slow (started off with 10 accel), and although he has decent passing, his low Creativity means that playing him in his best position AMC doesn't seem to be the best option. I'm looking for a way to take advantage of his excellent jumping and heading strengths. He does make runs into the box, and scored a couple of headers in preseason against inferior opposition.

So, any Evertonians here, or anyone who's also signed him, what's the best way to unleash his potential?

Not the tallest of guys :D But still, he will win every header thrown at him! Still amazes me how high he gets to win some of his headers for Everton!

Has got a real nice set of attributes this year, has anyone tried to buy him away from Everton? How much does he cost? I would want someone like that for Man City! ;)

Cahill is wasted anywhere other than playing off the forward, looking to pounce on loose balls, or arriving in the box for crosses from the wide men. He's pretty useless as a creative outlet, as evidenced by low creativity and dribbling. Basically he needs to be in and around the penalty area.

You need to use him properly on your set-pieces to take advantage of his strengths, otherwise he's a wasted asset :)

The way i played him in FM09, was in central midfield but playing attacking with high creative freedom, and for some reason he couldn't stop scoring. Scored about 16 goals from midfield playing this way. Playing just behind the striker for me with the same instructions wasn't good.

I dunno about a poacher but Cahill plays amazingly well as a Trequartista. I tried him as an Advanced Forward (and Fellaini as AMC like last year :D) and he scored a hat-trick. As a poacher, he might get a bit cut off from the rest of the team.

• 1 month later...

I played him at CM as a box-to-box midfielder in a 4-4-1-1 with Feilaini infront of him at amc. i felt like you had to take advantage of his workrate. I also found that I had to limit his CF and make passing short or he just kept giving the ball away. fwiw he scored 12 in first season in the prem for everton for me (but also got sent off 3 times!!!). Love him IRL too so I guess you have to take the good with the bad :)

Archived