FM10: Official Juventus Thread - Dancing the Samba?

stgahoy

Juventus Football Club

juventusn.png

Juventus Football Club commonly referred to as simply Juventus or Juve, is a football club based in Turin, Italy. Juventus is the most successful team in the history of Italian football. Overall, the club have won 51 official trophies, more than any other Italian team; 40 in Italy, which is also a record, and 11 in European and world competitions. The Old Lady is the third most successful club in Europe and the sixth in the world with the most international titles officially recognised by one of the six continental football confederations and FIFA, and the only one in the world to date (2009) – to have won all official international championships and cups for clubs recognized by one of the six continental confederations (UEFA in this case) and by FIFA.

The City of Turin:

Turin is a major city as well as a business and cultural centre in northern Italy, capital of the Piedmont region, located mainly on the left bank of the Po River surrounded by the Alpine arch. The population of the city proper is 909,193 (November 2008) while the population of the urban area is estimated by Eurostat to be 1.7 million inhabitants; the Turin metropolitan area is estimated by OECD to have a population of 2.2 million.

Turin is ranked third, after Rome and Milan, for economic strength, and is Europe's 78th richest city. Today the city is a major industrial center, where the headquarters of the carcompanyFIAT are located, FIAT group is strongly connected with Juventus through the Agnelli family who own FIAT and also Juventus FC.

Sports in Turin:

The city is famous for two football teams: Juventus F.C. (founded 1897), and Torino F.C. (founded 1906). These squads play in the oldest derby in Italy: the Derby della Mole or Derby of Torino.

Turin was the venue for the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Club Information:

Full Name: Juventus Football Club

Nickname: Bianconeri, La Vecchia Signora

Founded: 1.11 1897

Manager: Ciro Ferrara – replaced by YOU!

Major Rivals: Torino, Inter, Fiorentina, AC Milan, Roma, Parma

Club Legends: Michel Platini, Pavel Nedved, Gianluca Vialli, Marcelo Lippi, Alessandro Del Piero

Favoured Personnel: Alessandro Birindelli, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Zinedine Zidane

Media Prediction: 2nd place

Club Captain: Alessandro Del Piero

Stadium:

Stadium name: Stadio Olimpico di Torino

Capacity: 27500

stadio-olimpico-di-torino-stadio-delle-alpi.jpg

Future Stadium: Juventus are moving to their new rebuilded Stadio delle Alpi in 2011.

1249035411762_juventus12.jpg

Finances of the Club:

Estimated Value: £219M

Balance: £25.5M

Transfer Budget: £10.5M (title challenge), 11.75M (winner)

Wage Budget: £1.6M p/w (title challenge and winner)

Current Team:

GK: Gianluigi Buffon, Alex Manninger, Antonio Chimenti

LB: Fabio Grosso, Christian Molinaro, Paolo De Ceglie

RB: Johnathan Zebina, Zdenek Grygera

CB: Giorgio Chiellini, Nicola Legrottaglie, Fabio Cannavaro, Martin Caceres(loan from Barcelona), Lorenzo Ariaudo

MC: Felipe Melo, Mohamed Sissoko, Claudio Marchisio, Tiago, Christian Poulsen

MR: Mauro Camoranesi, Hasan Salihamidžić

AMC: Diego Ribas de Cunha, Sebastian Giovinco

FC: Amauri de Oliveira Carvalho, Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Vincenzo Iaquinta

Recommended Eleven:

Formation for Juventus can be either a 4-4-2 with 3 MC’s and AMC or making a diamond of this, or a 4-5-1 with 2x MC, AMR, AML and AMC.

So for the first possibility the best team looks like this:

GK: Buffon

RB: Zebina

CB: Legrottaglie

CB: Chiellini

LB: Grosso

MC: Sissoko (most defensive one)

MC: Marchisio

MC: Felipe Melo

AMC: Diego

FC: Del Piero

ST: Iaquinta/Amauri

Or moving Sissoko to DMC so you’ll have a Diamond tactic.

juve.jpg

Or the 4-5-1 tactic which will need some new players, and someone from your MCs will need to sit on the bench.

GK: Buffon

RB: Zebina

CB: Legrottaglie

CB: Chiellini

LB: Grosso

MC: Sissoko (most defensive one)

MC: Felipe Melo / Marchisio

AML: Giovinco

AMR: Camoranesi

AMC: Diego

ST: Iaquinta/Amauri

Or playing 3x MCs and 2x AMCs.

Squad Analysis:

GK's: One of the positions you don’t need to worry about with Buffon as the first keeper, surely a rock between the posts. Manninger

RB's: Both of your RB’s aren’t really awesome. And both of them take some really big money from you. Altough Zebina looks better than Grygera.

CB's: Chiellini of course the first choice here. The 2nd choice here is Legrottaglie, he’s better than Cannavaro. Then it’s up to you to play Caceres (who is nothing special) or our good prospect Ariaudo I’ll go for the 2nd option for sure.

LB's: You get 3 players to play in here, so I would sell one of them, propably between De Ceglie and Molinaro. I will offload Molinaro, and play Grosso here (even though someone made it wrong with this contract of Fabio). Definetly buy Criscito from Genoa to this position!

CM's: You get 6 players to play here, so you’re propably covered on here. Best three of them are surely Sissoko, Marchisio and Felipe Melo. With Tiago and Poulsen as backups.

AMC’s: Really good covered here, with the great Diego and Giovinco.

FC's: Four strikers, Iaquinta, Del Piero and Amauri are really good, Trezeguet also is a four star striker but his contract £110k p/w is scary.. Del Piero is surely a first teamer, and it’s up to you to play Iaquinta or Amauri as the TM, and I would sell Trezeguet.

Recommended Signings:

RBs:

- Fabiano Santacroce - £2.5M~£3.5M - from Napoli - Really good prospect for the RB position, price is really low as Napoli doesnt play him.. Bonus that he's Italian.

- Rafinha - £10M over 48 months - from Schalke - Great attacking RB.

- Darijo Srna - £10M over 48 months - from Shakhtar Donetsk - A little downgraded from '09 but still a great attacking RB.

MCs/AMCs:

- Marek Hamsik - £15M~£18M (?) - from Napoli - Everyone knows this player, Great player. Easy to get on the demo in FM '10, harder on the full version. You need to pay him big money, and give a key player role... and have your finger crossed.

- Antonio Cassano - £20M over 48 months - from Sampdoria - Great striker, who you'll need if playing with 2 strikers, after selling one of your TMs he can really do a great job either as a FS or an AMC.

- Tiberio Guarente - £10M ~£12M (can be paid over 48 months) - from Atalanta - Good MC already to become only better, the price is high but it's up to you. I wanted another Italian player.

- Anthony Annan - £2M~£2.5M - from Rosenborg - Really good looking youngster, I think he's better than Poulsen, already so if there would be a possibility to sell Poulsen. He would be a good asset, Annan takes £12.500 p/w, instead of Poulsens £79k p/w....

Staff section:

First I want to say that, the stats of some of staff varies from game to game so please note that. You start with some good coaches in Maiani, Gaudino, Scanavino which cover your GK and Fitness training.

Ass. Managers:

- Valter di Salvo - free - What can I say more? I think he's perfect, never lets me down.

Coaches:

- Gianpiero Ventrone - free - He covers a lot of categories with 4 stars - Set Pieces, Shooting, Attack, Ball Control

- Manuel Delgado Meco - free - 4* - defence, 4.5* for Fitness trainings

- Franco Baldini - free - 4.5* for Attack, Shooting, Set Pieces, Defence, Ball Control, Tactics. One of the best coaches on the game surely.

- Juanvi - Real Madrid - 4.5* for Shooting, 4* for Set Pieces

- Paul McGuinness - Man Utd - 4.5* for Ball Control

- Tony Colbert - Arsenal - 5* for Fitness, the best Fitness coach on the game.

- Ricardo Moniz - HSV - 4.5* Ball Control, 4* for some others.

Scouts:

- Oliver Bierhoff - free - THE BEST scout in the game.

- Hans Peter Lehnhoff - Leverkusen - JCA/JPA on 20, Adaptability 17, Tactical Knowledge 20

- Steward Houston - Arsenal - Another great scout with JCA/JPA on 20, Determination 16, Adaptability 13

Good Luck!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Stadium: Juventus are moving to their new rebuilded Stadio Delle Alpi in 2011.

Spelling mistake :p

I started as Juve... will update after the transfer window closes...

Tried to get Santon but he is not interested... Anyone recommend any good RB? I need a backup MC as well.

Don't got any money though as I spent it on Dzeko and Cassano :o

Transfer window just finished...

Transfers In

Dzeko - £15 mil all over 24 months

Cassano - £20 mil all over 48 months

Srna - £10 mil all over 24 months

Total - £45 mil

Transfers Out

Trezeguet - Loan fee £3 mil - Man Utd + agreed price of £17 mil

Salihamidzic - Loan fee £750k - Catania + agreed price of £4.3 mil

Grygera - £7.25 mil - Fiorentina

Molinaro - £5 mil - Lazio

Fausto Rossi - Loan - Ravenna

Ariaudo - Loan - Reggina

Some other youngsters loaned/transfered/co-owned

Total - £16.25 mil

Team

Formation 4-3-1-2

GK - Buffon

DR - Srna

DC - Cannavaro/Legrottaglie

DC - Chiellini

DL - Grosso/De Ceglie

MC - Camoranesi

MC - Melo

MC - Marchisio

AMC - Diego/Cassano

FC - Amauri

FC - Dzeko/Iaquinta

- Srna and Grosso are set to push forward their respective flanks

- Melo is more defensive than the other 2 MC's.

- Diego/Cassano and Amauri are support players with a lot of creative freedom

Pre-Season

H vs Juventus Reserves - 3-1 - Iaquinta, Chiellini, Del Piero

A vs Standard - 5-1 - Melo, Amauri x2, Dzeko, Cassano

A vs Rayo - 8-0 - Amauri x4, Iaquinta x2, Diego, Del Piero

A vs Milan - 5-2 - Dzeko, Amauri x3, Marchisio

A vs Numancia - 6-0 - Amauri, O.G, Chiellini, Dzeko, Iaquinta, Del Piero

A vs Piacenza - 5-0 - Amauri, Diego, Dzeko, Tiago, Chiellini

Serie A

H vs Udinese - 2-1 - Amauri, Dzeko

H vs Lazio - 1-0 - Chiellini

Champions League

I got a pretty simple group...

Sevilla

Besiktas

Dinamo

We'll see how it goes...

Any suggestions are welcome :)

My God, Juventus squad like fantastic in FM2010. Felipe Melo and Diego are amazing. Chiellini is probably the best defender in the game. Camoranesi is one of the best right wingers. Buffon the best GK in the game.

It looks like Juve has the best team at the start of the game. Reminds me of the golden team from 8-9 years ago with Thuram, Cannavaro, Zidane, Davids, Tacchinardi, Del Piero, Trezeguet etc.

Lol I know what you mean. I do think the team close to real life, but I wouldn't say their the best team. definatly something we can build on though! :D. Once Trzagut, del and camranesi retire will be a sad day lol. I too am trying to build the team like I had in cm 01/02 :)

My God, Juventus squad like fantastic in FM2010. Felipe Melo and Diego are amazing. Chiellini is probably the best defender in the game. Camoranesi is one of the best right wingers. Buffon the best GK in the game.

It looks like Juve has the best team at the start of the game. Reminds me of the golden team from 8-9 years ago with Thuram, Cannavaro, Zidane, Davids, Tacchinardi, Del Piero, Trezeguet etc.

Thuram and Cannavaro never played with Zidane ;).

Well the team is great IRL also, but the defence is rather poor. Both full-backs arent really solid... And Cannavaro isnt the one who left Juventus in 2006. But well we need to look into the future, and hope that Juve will conquer Europe soon :).

Tactics is so and so for me... it was superb in the pre season winning games 6-0 and such

but in serie A i never manage to score more than 2 goals i dunno why... I tried tweaking it and giving touchline instructions and such but with no positive results

i think Juve are best suited to play 4-1-2-1-2 formation. i will start the save with them on full version of the game cause i dont want to spoil it now with the demo:)

i did check the squad though..

it should look something like this..

gk - Buffon

dr - Zebina

dl - Grosso

dc - Legrottaglie

dc - Chiellini

dmc - Sissoko(ball winning midfielder/defensive)

mc - Melo(central midfielder/defensive)

mc - Marchisio(central midfielder/support)

amc - Diego(advanced playmaker/attacking)

fc - Iaquinta

fc - Amauri

i will probably try to sell Trezeguet and Camoranesi who is fantastic but since the tactic does not require wingers he isn't really necesary. should get around 20 mil for these two players and with 12 already in the budget that would give me around 30 mil to spend. I will probably be looking for reinforcements in defensive line. probably DC and DR..Zapata from Udinese as my first choice DC and maybe try to go for Rafael of ManUtd or Rafinha from Schalke as my DR..:)

well can't wait for the game to come out......:D

Ioquinta has fallen off the map for me and I now start a strike team of Amauri & Ale nearly every game.

I'm using a 4-3-1-3 formation with wingers and a lone CM due to the emergence of Angel DiMaria on the left wing who I just cannot keep out of the formation.

lineup with normal starters listed first in each position:

Buffon

Zebina/Grygyra - Legro - Chiellini - DeCeglie/Grosso

Beckham/Camo - Melo/Sissoko/Marchisio - DiMaria/Giovinco

Diego/van der Vaart/Giovinco

del Piero/Giovinco - Amauri/Iaquinta

I need some help with my tactics, though. I have got better, but I need to tweak this so I can have a good start when the full game comes out. I'm only lost twice, but I've had way too many draws to lesser teams. Since I've began tweaking the tactic for certain played (ie having Di Maria run woith the ball, but not letting Becks run with the ball) the offense has scored a lot more, but the defense still gives up too many. Where should I set the D-line? Any suggested tactics I can use that might fit this forumation? Later tonight I will post more details of where my tactics are right now so maybe I can get some feedback on what I should change.

Well I signed Cassano, as you need such a striker, and you should be good with Iaquinta/Amauri on the TS spot.

Is someone having so many problems with tactis as I do ? I just cant find a good setup in this version.

Tactics is so and so for me... it was superb in the pre season winning games 6-0 and such

but in serie A i never manage to score more than 2 goals i dunno why... I tried tweaking it and giving touchline instructions and such but with no positive results

To both of you, you have to give it time. Admittedly on a demo you don't have much time, but develop a base tactic, style of play and then give it ten games. Try not to make any major adjustments, only small tweaks.

Yes I do have Caceres but he's isnt the class I look for. I saw that people in Arsenal thread bought Sakho for something about £14M, but PSG keep rejecting even a £22M bid. And Fazio wants a contract of £76k p/w :o. From the ones you mentioned only Mexes seem so great, as I need a first teamer, but I really hate him IRL so I dont want him.

I've had a lot of success with Juve so far in the demo, but the one area where I'd like to do better is to get Diego's match rating up.

He's only barely touching 7.0 (if that), although he has like 4 golas and a dozen assists after the 6 months are up. I've got him playing either as Attacking Midfielder (Support) or Attacking Midfielder (Attack) depending on how aggressive my formation is. He's also set as my primary playmaker of course. Typically in the 4-3-1-2 with a triangle of Marchisio/Sissoko/Melo behind him, with Marchisio+Melo set as Box-to-Box and Sissoko as Ball-Winning-Midfielder (Support).

My strikers are blasting in goals (all playing as Complete Forwards), so he is being effective, or at least not harming me, but I'm wondering how I can get his average rating up.

Is the problem that I've got my strikers playing as Complete Forwards so they don't really require too much in the way of service from him so he's not getting enough key passes which would raise his rating?

How many key passes is he making a game?

Yikes...I'm not sure. Let me look.

Okay so he's at 7.15 for a rating after 21 matches. 7 goals and 14 assists.

358/529 passes completed in total.

scrolling back through all the matches - # of key passes

Couple examples (back to back games):

11/16 passes complete, 0 key passes, 1/5 headers won, 1 assist, 2 runs past opponent, 1 goal = 8.1 rating

17/25 passes complete, 2 key passes, 0/6 headers won, 0 assists, 1 run past opponent, 1 goal = 7.4 rating

or

14/29 passes complete, 2 key passes, 1/10 headers won, 1 assist = 6.9 rating

I dunno...maybe he's not really playing as bad as I thought. Maybe I just expected him to have a higher average rating. He still throws up a bunch of 7.4-7.8 matches. He's just had a couple that were lower (6.1-ish), and one absolute clunker in the 5's.

fair enough. just wasn't sure if anyone else was seeing anything markedly better.

Like i said, he's seeing his fair share of 7.4-7.8 games, he's just had 1 or 2 clunkers thrown in that have lowered it down a bit I suppose.

Marchisio has been lights-out for me. 23 games, 78% passes completed.

Buffon has 23 games, 14 conceeded and 13 clean sheets.

Amauri and Del Piero are tearing it up as my first-choice striking partnership (12 goals and 3 assists in 19 appearances for the Brazillian, 11 goals and 3 assists in 15 appearances for the Alex). Giovinco has 4 goals in 5 starts + 5 subs, and Iaquinta and Trez each have 1 goal/game in their 10 combined starts.

I've actually had really good success from De Ceglie (which I like to see as a fan of the kid), to the tune of 7.23 rating in 14 games.

I brought in 23.5 million worth of players and sold off 3.6 mil of youth players.

Of the guys I brought in, best value have been Marco Cassetti from Roma for $2.4m (he can cover a host of defensive/midfield roles - i like my backups versatile), and Andreas Ivanschitz from Panathinaikos for $1.2m. In 4 appearances he has a goal and 2 assists, 1 Man-of-Match award and a stellar 7.5 rating, and his value has shot up to $6 mil.

Also went for some youth - Jose Angel from Sporting cost me $11.5m and I'm not sure why I went out and got him as De Ceglie is playing so well. I guess because it was demo-money. Also Luc Castaignos from Feyenoord cost me $3m, but got first-team appearances at the age of 16 in both the Champions League and Serie A to the tune of a 6.60 rating. He's the heir-apparant to Del Piero/Giovinco.

As far as DC's - you could try Cassetti from Roma although he's a bit old and won't help you get younger. Good bargin-buy. Also Lukovic (26 y/o) from Udinese - @ 1.7mil another good bargin buy. Angelo Rea from Sassuolo at < $1mil will do in a pinch although he's older than Cassetti.

Those are all more bargni-buy backups though. As far as quality CB's - maybe Boulahrouz? I know I picked him up in another of my saves for Real Madrid (hey I wanted to get a chance to play with the nuevo galacticos).

I've ended the demo. So 17 games played, and I'm top with Inter with 35points.

10 wins 5 draws and 2 loses. Scored 22 goals , conceded 7.

Most of my games where a 1-0 win, managed to beat Sampdoria 4-0, and Chievo 3-2. Only in these games I was able to score more than 1 or 2 goals. Amauri only scored 4 goals for me, altough he had great chances to score. Couldnt check Iaquinta as he was injured for the whole demo season. Cassano was my top scorer with just 6 goals, so that's something to worry about. Anyway this was a test season, so not much to talk, as most of the games were really really "beta". The tactic needs some more tweaks, but it's working rather good so I have a 0.5v tactic ;). Will do some tweaks after the final release of FM.

Games vs big teams:

- vs Inter - Away - 1-1 - Diego with the goal

- vs Milan - Home - 0-0

- vs Roma - Away - 1-0 - Sissoko

- vs Fiorentina - Home - 1-0 - Amauri

Lost games vs Napoli and Bologna.. both 0-1.

In the Champions League, my scores were really good. And my players played better in Europe than in Italy.

vs Liverpool

Away - 1-0 - Camoranesi

Home - 3-0 - Fazio, Amauri, Del Piero <-- really good game that was

vs Slavia Prague

Home - 2-0 - Cassano, Diego

Away - 0-0

vs Olympiakos

Away - 1-0 - Chiellini , Felipe Melo sent off in the 30'

Home - 2-1 - Giovinco, Del Piero

Will maybe start a new game on the demo, just to see how will Iaquinta do, in let's say 5-6 games.

Archived