FM10: Official Real Madrid C.F - The Best Madrid!

Cardiovascular

Welcome to the 2010 Los Merengues thread!

Real_Madrid_large.png

Year Founded: 1902

Legends: Alfredo Di Stéfano

Icons: Too many to list, key ones: Raul, Zinedine Zidane, Fernando Hierro and Iker Casillas

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: Atletico Madrid, FC Barcelona

Other Rivals: Valencia, FC Bayern, Athletic, Osasuna

Captain: Iker Casillas

Finances

If you've been keeping up with the wonderful world of football, you would have noticed a pattern emerging during the transfer window.The keen-eyed amongst will have seen Madrid spend until their hearts were content, and their summer transfer total was more than £200M. This leaves YOU with not much money too spend, but a squad full of superstars. Quality over quantity and all that! You receive a budget of £8.75M to start with (no choice) and you can sell whoever you want for whatever you wanted. Around November (in the demo), you get a message like this:

finance.jpg

You will get this money too spend in the full game as the demo will not go far enough to be able to spend this money!

The Team

Goalkeepers

Iker Casillas is by far the best player in this position, and with Jerzy Dudek and Antonio Adan as back-up, you can't really go wrong in this position.

Player to sell: Jerzy Dudek (age may be a bad factor here)

Player to watch out for: Antonio Adan

Right Back

A strong position here again - Sergio Ramos is the outstanding choice, however Arbeloa can provide good cover, along with Diarra who can drop back from midfield.

Players to watch out for: Daniel Opare

Player to sell: None - Opare if you wish (he is transfer listed) but you may not get big money for him.

Left Back - IMPROVEMENT

Here is a position which should be improved. The assistant recommends that Marcelo plays here, but personally, I would play Alvaro Arbeloa. Marcelo is better when attacking in my opinion. Royston Drenthe can also provide cover here. However, I believe you need a better left-back. Marcelo can do the goods but as I said, I believe he would be more suited to attacking than defending. If you use attacking full backs who burst up the line to cross, then he's great. Defensive wise, he may still be good but better can probably be found elsewhere.

Player to watch: Marcelo

Player to sell: Royston Drenthe

Central Defence

The strongest pairing (and best, obviously) is the combination of Pepe and Raul Albiol. Ramos can also provide cover. Youngster Garay is also a very good back-up, along with Metzelder.

Player to watch: Ezequiel Garay

Player to sell: Christophe Metzelder

Defensive Midfield - BACK-UP

Xabi Alonso is probably the best player in this position, followed by Lassana Diarra. Fernando Gago is a more than adequate back-up, alongside Ruban de la Red (unfortunately, he cannot play for the first season due to medical problems). Mahmadou Diarra can also play here. All of these players can play centre-mid. Back-up is only needed if you use the formation I plan too.

Player to watch: Fernando Gago

Players to sell: M Diarra & de la Red

The Wings - BACK-UP

On the right, the stand out player is obviously Ronaldo. The left wing can be taken by Esteban Granero who is good. Marcelo can also play this position and probably prefers this position. There is also Raul Jr, a 19 year old hot prospect. I'd say the left wing was wrapped up but the right needs a good back-up. Unless you're fond of playing youngsters.

Players to sell: None

Players to watch: Raul Jr (this isn't his name, but we'll call him that for ease) & Marco Alonso (U19 team)

Attacking Midfield

Kaka is the obvious choice here and rightly so as he is a fantastic player. For back-up, we have Guti, Van der Vaart and Raul can also drop back from striker. Granero and Raul Jr can also play here. I wouldn't sell Guti as he does make decent back-up

Players to watch: Granero/Raul Jr

Players to sell: Van der Vaart (Guti if you wish)

Striker Force - BACK-UP

Benzema would be the obvious choice and his partner could either be Raul or Higuain. Van Nistlerooy is also there but (unless you use a lone striker) back-up is needed.

Players to watch: Higuian, Benzema

Players to sell: van Nistlerooy once he recovers from injury.

My Preferred Formation & Line Up

Please note - obviously, this does not have to be the way you line up! It is just the way I (and the assistant recommends) is the best formation.

prefered.jpg

Potential Transfers - In and Out

You get £8.75M to spend, so here would be my transfers in and out (some of which I have done). We'll start with out first just to generate some money for a spending spree.

Christophe Metzelder - £6.75M

Mahmadou Diarra - £6.5M

Alipio - £575,000

Van der Vaart - Ln Fee £1.3M (if you can get money for him, :thup:)

Drenthe - Ln Fee £525,000 (seeing if he has any potential)

I did only sign one player, however he covers all the necessary positions I need cover for. Darijo Srna joined for £11M and can provide competition down either side. Obviously he can't play striker, but seeing as I use a lone striker, I didn't need back-up.

For back-up on the left, you could sign Jonás from Newcastle as a cheap option (transfer listed on my game) - despite his absymal stats he could fill in once or twice. Other good suggestions by fellow forumees include Vucinic, Di Maria and Vargas. For the left back position, Sahko could be a good option - he doesn't have to play first season but giving him a few games here and there help him develope.. and if he's the same as 09, things can only get better! For the striker area, Kerzhakov might be a good shout but if anyone has any better suggestions, do not hesitate to say!

And Finally..

Good luck and have fun! Hopefully you can bring back the title to the Bernabéu!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a good laugh when I saw that Ronaldo have 12 for strenght and 17 for acceleration! :D Surley that should be higher...But who cares since he plays no longer for Man Utd. :D Even though I'll try ro bring him back. ;)

Jonas Gutierrez?

Yes. At the start of December, his league stats look like this: Apps: 12, Goals: 3, Asts: 2, MoMs: 3, Avg 7.38.

Certainly a bargain for 3.6M€ I'd say.

Oh and fans & board love him, board confidence level on his transfer is superb (at max)

Now I also got that extra 60M or so for transfers (in november) and bought Ribery for 63M ;)

and on the topic whether Marcelo is good enuf for starting DL...Yes, he is. He's been more than a decent DL for me, I've condeded 4 goals in 13 league games and Marcelo has 9 league appearances with avg of 7.20

You receive a budget of £8.75M to start with (no choice) and you can sell whoever you want for whatever you wanted. Around November (in the demo), you get a message like this:

finance.jpg

You will get this money too spend in the full game as the demo will not go far enough to be able to spend this money!

Just discovered something...at the start of the game, i increased my transfer budget and reduced my wage budget to the minimum, which gave me 24m pounds, but almost no space in the wage budget. I requested the board to increase the wage budget, and voila! re-adjusted the budgets, and now i have 40m pounds to spend!

Guest chris_leamey

Has onyone found a really great tatic for Madrid yet??? if so do u mind posting so I could have a look???

Many thanks

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7882/realtacticdemo.png

Wanted to try something different for tactic in the demo and came up with this.

I didn't want to buy any new players, so without a proper DL decided to use 3 DC's. Also the midfield is pretty weak on the sides besides Ronaldo and Granero, but lots of great players for the middle for rotation.

Just finished the demo 1st in the league with 11 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. Scoring 31 (most in the league) and conceding 13 (the least in the league) :)

OK well i have now played through the FM10 demo twice, about to start a third game. Each time i have used Los Merengues.

I have learnt the following:

1.Sergio Ramos at CB = disaster (gives away far too many penalties).

2.Benzema is too hit and miss to perform consistantly.

3.Drenthe is actually rubbish, best loan him out or sell.

4. Don't dismiss the old guard, Raul and Guti still have it, Raul is awesome as a trequartista (sp?), Guti is awesome as deep lying playmaker or as trequartista.

5. Sign Dzeko, 19 goals in 17 games says it all, he's a beast if you play him as complete forward.

6. Sign Di Maria, at little over 4mill provides an excellent option as left winger - bargain.

7. With the new pre-defined player roles in FM10 you dont have to play a symmetrical formation, infact i don't and am doing rather well.

8. Play Kaka as your first choice Trequartista, he is awesome here (Guti or Raul as backup)

9. Xabi Alonso should be your first choice deep lying playmaker, his ability to play a long defence spliting ball out to the wing should not be underestimated.

10. Lassana Diarra is an excellent Defensive Midfielder, also good back up for RB/RWB. Gago is excellent backup for Defensive midfielder.

11. Mahamodou Diarra should be sold.

12. Van Der Vaart becomes a very consistant performer if you keep him happy / morale high.

13.Arbeloa is a very consistant performer - excellent backup, can be retrained to play wing back on right and left side also, can also be retrained to play CB.

I will be posting my tactic in the tactics and training section shortly.

I'm also playing Real for the third time on the demo.

I wanted to try Ronaldo very near of the opposite area. In two / three weeks he gets the first green stage with the training at striker position. Without him there is an important lack of wingers and at the start there is not a big budget to buy players, so I'm trying this:

34q7l9z.jpg

At the moment it looks like it performs well:

2rqn8t0.jpg

Ronaldo has 8 goals in 9 matches, 7.23

Benzema has 6 goals in 9 matches, 7.13

My team:

semttulozs.th.jpg

-Not doing bad, but not doing great either. I concede to easily, and it's a pain to score. Won against Barcelona 2-0 using 3-1-2-2-1, just because my assistant said Barcelona plays very well against a 4-5-1 formation. How is the best way to play Ronaldo? He is at Inside Forward, Cut Inside, Run with ball, etc.

Any suggestion ???

My team:

semttulozs.th.jpg

-Not doing bad, but not doing great either. I concede to easily, and it's a pain to score. Won against Barcelona 2-0 using 3-1-2-2-1, just because my assistant said Barcelona plays very well against a 4-5-1 formation. How is the best way to play Ronaldo? He is at Inside Forward, Cut Inside, Run with ball, etc.

Any suggestion ???

Just glanced at your team and you said you were shedding goals. Alonso and Veloso for me are to attacking to play CM based on your formation (together that is) for me its one but not together as they are both too attacking minded. I havent got their attributes at hand but I think Veloso's attributes have been down graded - tackling not high enough, same for Alonso but I may be wrong. I think you need a ball winner midfielder or an anchor man to add some steel into the midfield. Just needs a bit of a 'power house' in there to do the ugly, simple things and let the front four do the rest! :)

Just glanced at your team and you said you were shedding goals. Alonso and Veloso for me are to attacking to play CM based on your formation (together that is) for me its one but not together as they are both too attacking minded. I havent got their attributes at hand but I think Veloso's attributes have been down graded - tackling not high enough, same for Alonso but I may be wrong. I think you need a ball winner midfielder or an anchor man to add some steel into the midfield. Just needs a bit of a 'power house' in there to do the ugly, simple things and let the front four do the rest! :)

Also playing both of the central midfielders on support is not wise, it would probably be better if you made one of them or both defensive

Also playing both of the central midfielders on support is not wise, it would probably be better if you made one of them or both defensive

Yeah maybe but as in real life Real Madrid used to have the philosophy if you score 2, then we will score 5 - having the attitude I will score more goals than you. But with your front 4 they should be able to do that alone. Yeah or maybe have one defensive and the other as a deeep lying playmaker but I have no experience of this but maybe Alonso would suit being a deep lying playmaker and maybe set him to pass direct to get him pinging the ball around and straight to your wingers and a lot of through balls is an idea. :)

Edit: Sorry Charlie I tought it was Mwtralha posting thats wht I referred my response to his team. lol!

Yeah maybe but as in real life Real Madrid used to have the philosophy if you score 2, then we will score 5 - having the attitude I will score more goals than you. But with your front 4 they should be able to do that alone. Yeah or maybe have one defensive and the other as a deeep lying playmaker but I have no experience of this but maybe Alonso would suit being a deep lying playmaker and maybe set him to pass direct to get him pinging the ball around and straight to your wingers and a lot of through balls is an idea. :)

Edit: Sorry Charlie I tought it was Mwtralha posting thats wht I referred my response to his team. lol!

DW Buddy hope i helped

LOOL

Well, i tried to get Cambiasso for the midfield, but they were rejecting offers of 40M, so I went for Veloso instead. I'm trying a new formation, 4-1-2-2-1, with Veloso as Anchor Man, and Kaka and Xabi infront of him as Advanced Playmaker and Deep Lying Playmaker respectively.

1st game, 7-1 in Spanish Cup against Alcoyano. Let's see how's against big teams.

Archived