+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extended highlights - Am I being paranoid?

Amateur

Talking Extended highlights - Am I being paranoid?

(not a moan)...

Something I've noticed in virtually every FM I've played, never brought it up till now. Apologies if this has been discussed before, but a keyword search didn't yield anything.

Has anyone noticed that when holding a one-goal lead (or hanging on for a draw) towards the end of the match, in highlight mode, the last few minutes always drag on and are played in full, regardless of there being any actual "highlights"? It's certainly not good for the old ticker, although I've calmed down a bit of late realising that the match being shown DOESN'T necessarily mean that a team is going to have a goal scoring opportunity.

Strangely enough, when one of us is out of sight, or when the other team is winning (even if just by one goal), the last few minutes will just zap by until the end, unless of course there is actually some highlights that would have been shown anyway.

Seriously...am I getting paranoid and imagining these things? Or is it a deliberate ploy by SI to keep us on the edge of our seats right till the end of a close game? If so, it works, you ******** ;) :P

Youth Team

Default Re: Extended highlights - Am I being paranoid?

It's deliberately coded to do this, to keep it exciting. Or something like that

Amateur

i also noticed this, im glad im not the only one, like you say, no good for the heart lol! and heaven forbid anyone that should talk to you during those last minutes!

Amateur

Yes i have always wondered about this also...is it true then, that the game is coded this way, or was that comment a joke!?!

It certainly works in terms of adding to the stress levels....and the time goes on and on and on....3 mins injury time and they are still playing at 94 mins and 25 secs.....

just makes you love the game even more!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rufcjoe View Post
    i also noticed this, im glad im not the only one, like you say, no good for the heart lol! and heaven forbid anyone that should talk to you during those last minutes!
    Agreed, they generally get their heads ripped off!

Amateur

I love this- it builds up tension towards the end especially when time wasting for a win

Superb feature added by SI

First Team Squad Member

In fairness if you were 1 nil down isn't it the last 5-10 minutes that you go all out to an equalizing draw.

Have look at some of current FA cup matches, loads of action in the last 10 minutes inthe above circumstances

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

Yes this is indeed intentional and will probably give me a heart attack by the time I'm 30.

Amateur

The worst part for me is that it because they are extended it shows just how badly my team gets outplayed in the final minutes when the AI does their all out attack bombardment. I'd love for the extended highlights to be them pushing players forward and abandoning the midfield, then watching as my suddenly unmarked midfielders punish them by dominating possession and grabbing the insurance goal to finish them off.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    Yes this is indeed intentional and will probably give me a heart attack by the time I'm 30.

Im 44 and my other half says, based on my swearing, that it could be a possibility for me

However being an FM (and CM) veteran since the first release I think my heart is very resilient ;)

Reserves

I have noticed this but, seeing as I am never winning, and I always hope I will get one chance but it generally amounts to nothing!

Youth Team

And when you score late in the game to take the lead and the commentary says 'thats surely the winner' you know it wasn't and you are gonna concede

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    And when you score late in the game to take the lead and the commentary says 'thats surely the winner' you know it wasn't and you are gonna concede
    It annoys me when it says this at around 78 mins

theres about 15 mins left- not enough time for another goal then ?? lol

Amateur

Looool.. I love when you survive and hold onto the lead

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Somesay View Post
    Looool.. I love when you survive and hold onto the lead
    Its a great feeling when the players walk off at the end and youve held on to a one goal lead

+ Reply to Thread