Leicester City Tactics

I was thinking about starting a Leicester save and whilst I know it'll be near enough impossible to win the league I want to replicate the way they play so I decided to try these tactics, tell me what you think of it

Mentality: Counter

Shape: Fluid

FB(d)-----CD(d)----CD(d)------FB(s)

W(s)------DLP(d)--BBM(s)-----WM(s)

-----------DF(d)----DF(s)------------

TI's

Be more disciplined

Higher tempo

Pass into space

More Direct

Thanks guys

I would love it if somebody could replicate this.

On the face of it the mentality and the shape sounds about right. As does the midfield (although PI tweaks would be needed for the wide players imo)

The only issue is the Vardy role, and generally if the whole tactic actually "clicks". What translates into FM isnt quite right every time I try to replicate it.

The closest I have got to this tactic is here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/445435-Emulating-Diego-Simeone-s-Atletico-Madrid?p=10826048&viewfull=1#post10826048

But even then I ran into inconsistencies.

I was thinking about starting a Leicester save and whilst I know it'll be near enough impossible to win the league I want to replicate the way they play so I decided to try these tactics, tell me what you think of it

I'm currently playing a Leicester save and my thinking was the same; try to replicate Ranieri's work - I'm giddy that someone else is trying the same!

So let's see...

Mentality: Counter

Shape: Fluid

FB(d)-----CD(d)----CD(d)------FB(s)

W(s)------DLP(d)--BBM(s)-----WM(s)

-----------DF(d)----DF(s)------------

Ok, so this is pretty much exactly the formation with the same roles I'm going with - no surprise there. Only differences are that I employ both full-backs as support. I also play with a winger and wide midfielder, although the right flank (Mahrez) is set as attacking and I've also toyed with playing Mahrez as Wide Playmaker(a) but I don't have enough sample size to really tell which works the best. Kante as BBM is just beautiful to watch, he is my most consistent performer after 14 games with AvR of 7.73 in Premier League. The defensive forward duo works quite well, Vardy playing the support role (roam from position and move into channels).

After 14 games I'm sitting on 7th position with 27 points (8-3-3), all three defeats were away games against "big clubs" (Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea). I have to mention that my interpretation of this "Leicester tactic" is very tinker-heavy. :-D Watching lot of minutes in comprehensive and trying to fine-tune whatever is required - for example, I rarely start the match as Counter-mentality. I'll watch the game from anything between 5-15 minutes before going Counter or if the team seems to dominate, I'll keep it on Standard. I absolutely love this tactic, I'm very eager to find out how well the rest of the season goes.

TI's

Be more disciplined

Higher tempo

Pass into space

More Direct

I add Stay on Feet and Stick to Positions on top of the ones you listed. The rest of the TI's I have are Much less or less closing down, slightly deeper defensive line and the most narrowest of width. Opponents are basically forced to attack via flanks or by launching long balls which is fine, the central defenders & midfielders are excellent in air and Schmeichel takes care of long range efforts. It can be a bit nerve-wrecking, though, as the possession is mostly on the opposing team. :D

So yeah, I think you have a good adaptation of the Leicester tactic. Please report back how your season goes!

I have had a number of saves with Leicester - mostly playing around with transfers but also numerous iterations of a 442. I am a big believer in KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid) so this is what I currently have

U6v813n.png

No Team Instructions!

I have Player Instructions on the Goalkeeper - Distribute to Flanks and Distribute Quickly.

I watch matches in Extended for the 1st 15-20 minutes and then Comprehensive.

Results so far have been quite pleasing, bar the loss to Bournemouth where Morgan/Huth couldn't cope with Iturbe and I should have dropped the defensive line a bit deeper sooner.

Vardy scored 23 goals in pre-season...including 3 hat-tricks and 2 5-fer's! Needless to say his confidence was high going into the start of the season and he currently leads the scoring charts with 6 (he got 4 against Stoke :lol: )

EM1y0m1.png

In other saves I have toyed around with a BBM but I just think it can lead to the player getting caught out of position too much. CM/S and a CM/D do the job very nicely - Kante has an avg rating of 7.4, Drinkwater 7.28. Assists chart is lead by Okazaki (5) and Mahrez (3).

Edit_ not sure what I am doing wrong with the images...?

Thanks to Rumpelstiltskin for help on the images.....:applause:

How do I just choose the image then - like you have!?

On the imgur page you can right-click on your image and choose "Copy image address" (or similar, that's what it's called in Chrome).

In your post the URL between the image tags was

>> that's the full page

In my post it was

>> just the image.

Cheers

My 1st post updated with images. I will continue to update this as the save progresses. Have always been a little amazed there wasn't a team thread created. Might have a go at that as well over the weekend.

The leicester system has been replicated not once but twice, and I even featured a system I reviewed on Youtube as well. So there's plenty of information if you can find it on the forums

The leicester system has been replicated not once but twice, and I even featured a system I reviewed on Youtube as well. So there's plenty of information if you can find it on the forums

Sorry to be an ultimate pain, but could you point me in the direction of all those please?

Thanks - aware of all the information but I don't see a team thread where people are discussing their saves.

Thanks - aware of all the information but I don't see a team thread where people are discussing their saves.

Try 'Good Players and Team Guide' for people discussing their Leicester saves

Archived