"Sources in the media are so far at a loss to explain Manager's reason for attending the game"

Yes. A match where a certain result would mean the title was in my team's hands going into final day. Between two of the biggest sides in the country with a multitude of potential transfer targets. There is absolutely no conceivable reason I'd be there :applause::D

Yes it wouldn't be normal for a manager to be at a game when they should be at their own ground preparing. You usually send scouts/coaches to the games to report back.

However, it's a bit of a silly news item, and it's been there for years and never revamped.

I don't send my manager on holiday/vacation, but sometimes if there's a few days open in the schedule, I'll have him attend a game with former players just because he might like to take in a game. When the news item pops up, I realize that I've reached a level of notoriety that they recognize me in street clothes and know that I have finally arrived.

Yes. A match where a certain result would mean the title was in my team's hands going into final day. Between two of the biggest sides in the country with a multitude of potential transfer targets. There is absolutely no conceivable reason I'd be there :applause::D

I quite like that, I would perhaps reword it though, more in a slightly mischevious "what is he upto?" way

Yes it wouldn't be normal for a manager to be at a game when they should be at their own ground preparing. You usually send scouts/coaches to the games to report back.

Why should they be at their own ground? might be an evening kick-off anyway, training/coaching done for the day, it's hardly a shocker to see managers at other games.

Archived