Lost my passion for the game after this...

YrwxvqC.png

This is the worst result I've ever had and it's with a really strong team. It was so bad that I've stopped playing and lost my enjoyment for the game. I'd like to get back my passion and enjoyment for the game but I just don't know where to start. Can anyone help me? Maybe if I knew why I was so bad I could move on and progress in my game.

fysiNpa.png

I'm not great with tactics but.

Higher up, wider, stuck in and close down much more will leave huge gaps surely? A pacer striker should be able to have fun with that, especially a poacher or one that likes to beat the offside trap?

Yeah I see what you're saying but I thought I could negate that to some effect by playing the offside trap and by having quick defenders with good mental attributes, also most teams only play one upfront in most of my games.

23 October 2011.

Man Utd 1 - 6 Man City.

Did Sir Alex Ferguson give up after that? He had a pretty strong team too, and that result was at Old Trafford...

So you had a big loss, it happens. Where you unhappy when you won 6-1 a few matches earlier? How you react to such losses should tell you more than how you react to wins, so pull yourself together and get back on the horse.

Go back to the match, and watch it over. Use pause and rewind frequently to study what happened. Don't just watch the goals, you need to understand the build of play that led to the goals. How did you lose possession? Why didn't you win the ball back? Did you actually change anything tactically during the match to try to stop the goals, or did you just watch the key highlights and do nothing?

If your tactical system has been sound up to this point, it doesn't just stop being sound for no reason. Watch the match, find out why and learn from the experience so that it doesn't happen again.

I agree with Herne- this sort of thing just happens on occasion. I had a recent 6-0 loss that was inexplicable given that my system is sound, players were in form etc. Remember that there is always a random element in FM and then you can have situation where you give up a couple of goals and the team just checks out. This can be more likely when you have a great run going and overconfidence or complacency sets in.

Agreed. I don't think I've ever been thrashed 8-1 before but these things can and do happen. I remember being on a great run in FM15 and then being thumped 6-2 at home to an average Palace side.

As mentioned above, Man U were tonked by Man City 6-1 and there are plenty of other examples out there: Man U 8-2 Arsenal, MK Dons 4-0 Man U, Artmedia 5-0 Celtic, Man City 6-0 Spurs, Man City 6-3 Arsenal, Stoke 0-8 Liverpool, etc. Of course, that Arsenal side at Man U were decimated by injuries and the Man U lineup at MK certainly wasn't their strongest but the scorelines were still major shocks.

The tactic in use by the OP is very high-risk/high-reward and you are bound to be caught out from time to time. The danger is that if/when 2 or 3 goals down, the temptation is to go even more on the offensive and that doesn't always work, as Celtic found out in 2005. Winning the home tie 4-0 wasn't enough because of the lack of tactical awareness by Strachan in that 1st leg.

Get back out there, analyse the game and perhaps put in a place a 'plan B' for when things don't go to plan next time.

The tactic in use by the OP is very high-risk/high-reward and you are bound to be caught out from time to time.

Especially away from home. The OP's last four losses all have been away from home (just one win in his six most recent away matches). That would indicate to me that a more conservative approach would be prudent.

I am curious as to why you have chosen that formation when you are clearly using tactic meant for 442 formation?

I use tactic that almost identical to what you are saying. The difference being how you approach on the final third. I don't necessarily focus crosses. I use attaching team mentality (yours is not visible to me...) This tactic works for me when I am better than my opposition in quality. It is very devastating against weaker opposition. However, when against equal teams or better, I really struggle - The opposition tends to have most possession and would score on the counter after I have thrown lots of bodies. This was the cause against equal or better oppositions away from home. So, I don't use in this case. I rather use my other formation and tactic which tends to focus on more possession and work the ball into the box.

Seen your results, I don't see any reason to be lost in confidence or appetite. You are doing well going forward. It is your defense that needs to be looked at. May be defense side of tactics or the player themselves.

I Got promoted with Ipswich, but had an unexplainable 6-0 defeat to Sunderland, but yet i moved on. It happens, mate. Just work on it to make sure it will never happen again.

Cheers,

Bitner

Just thought I'd update you all on my progress as I've picked the game back up after a cool down period. I actually finished the season ok finishing 3rd in the premiership and reduced the wage budget by a substantial amount, I also met my agreed expectation of qualifying for the champions league unfortunately this wasn't enough for the mega bucks chinese owners who sacked me because they felt I was underperforming. I have since joined valladolid who are expected to fight bravely against relegation. I have also given myself the challenge of not using the transfer market but instead relying on developing the clubs own players. I've assessed the team and chose a formation that fits their best players in and decided on a defensive 541 diamond formation. I currently have no team or player instructions as I wanted to see how it plays out once fluid before making changes. I'm now 7 games into the season with only 2 points taken things are bad! Especially after the last game...a 10-0 loss to real madrid. So I'm currently looking on the forum for tips on how to setup a more competent defensive setup :) ...the search function on this forum is rubbish btw I can never find what I'm looking for!

Here's a look at how my past seasons have looked with the tactics I have used:-

UE4FjfJ.png

What I take from this is that I haven't actually performed that badly from my perspective and I feel I was quite unlucky to be dismissed at Liverpool, but I also need to understand that the chairman wanted to buy success. What I'm most disappointed about is that they agreed with my expectation of qualifying for the champions league when in fact their actual expectations seem to be much higher.

Repeat after me...

It's only a game...

It's only a game...

It's only a game...

:lol::lol::lol: This everytime! Just spent the last hour or two tweaking my tactic and I'll be saying that to myself when I begin my next match. No doubt the opposition will score within a minute at which point my unbreakable resolve will be in pieces! :lol:

Those sudden randomly hugely freak results (0-10, 1-8), sure there is a slight chance they might happen, but my guess is that there would be an immediate spot right there or possibly specific man marking jobs applied that caused things to crumble apart. To exaggerate slightly, within such matches the OP would find space and score practically each time it goes forward. Would like to see those matches uploaded as pkm (but a few kilobytes).

Archived