Lower League teams have no managers?

I0I

Lower league teams don't have any staff. They start out with a Head of Youth development coach and Assistant Manager but they don't hire new managers at all. It stays that way unless they get promoted. Anyone have this problem? Is there a way to fix this?

I'm finding this when using a custom database with the English leagues down to 10th level. I don't think it's really such a bad thing. the team I took over at the very bottom (abbey rangers) offered me a contract for £300 a week. after hiring backroom staff the weekly wages just for the staff comes to about £1500 a week, which is more than the club can afford at this level. on top of this they've allowed me a player wage budget of £1500pw. Of which I am now spending £600. This on top of other costs is plunging the club deep into the red. I'm just hoping things will improve after a promotion or two. We're confortably looking at promotion this season, and have beaten teams from the division above us in cup matches so far so things are not looking so bad.

Anyway. I think that if the teams are not hiring managers because they're smart enough to know they cannot afford one, then this is really a good thing.

One other thing: Because of the very low reputation of these teams another reason why they don't have a manager could be because the AI managers do not want the job, they feel like it's beneath them.

If you use an edited database with lower leagues, you need to add staff to teams when you set up a new game, & also add players for the teams, otherwise there will likely be none, unless SI have added any. This should hopefully ensure that there are AI managers available for these levels.

I'm finding this when using a custom database with the English leagues down to 10th level. I don't think it's really such a bad thing. the team I took over at the very bottom (abbey rangers) offered me a contract for £300 a week. after hiring backroom staff the weekly wages just for the staff comes to about £1500 a week, which is more than the club can afford at this level. on top of this they've allowed me a player wage budget of £1500pw. Of which I am now spending £600. This on top of other costs is plunging the club deep into the red. I'm just hoping things will improve after a promotion or two. We're confortably looking at promotion this season, and have beaten teams from the division above us in cup matches so far so things are not looking so bad.

Anyway. I think that if the teams are not hiring managers because they're smart enough to know they cannot afford one, then this is really a good thing.

One other thing: Because of the very low reputation of these teams another reason why they don't have a manager could be because the AI managers do not want the job, they feel like it's beneath them.

Which English database is this, & who made it? The author might be interested in changing issues like this if he knows about them.

Which English database is this, & who made it? The author might be interested in changing issues like this if he knows about them.

The discussion is being had in the Editors' forum, but it would help if we knew if this only pertains to sub-Level 6 leagues, ie fan-created rather-than 'out-of-the-box'.

When you say lower league, do you mean leagues below playable?

No. I mean custom leagues. Using the claassen database and the level 11 English database. If you have, for example, Albania. The top Albanian league will work perfectly but the league below, which is also playable, doesn't hire any manager. It auto-fills a Head of Youth and Assistant Manager before the game and never hires a manager. Also, it will not let you take a job with a club from that league unless you start with them in the beginning.

No. I mean custom leagues. Using the claassen database and the level 11 English database. If you have, for example, Albania. The top Albanian league will work perfectly but the league below, which is also playable, doesn't hire any manager. It auto-fills a Head of Youth and Assistant Manager before the game and never hires a manager. Also, it will not let you take a job with a club from that league unless you start with them in the beginning.

SI aren't responsible for custom leagues. You need to take the issue to the creators' threads in the Editors' Hideaway forum.

I tried both the main llm databases, both are great improvements to the game and run perfectly but...fm16 doesn't help in making them truly playable...two gamebreaking issues: the lack of suitable managers and staff (not only during the game but even at the beginning, the last year we had many more) and one that you can spot only holidaying the game and then analysing it...over the season, without any apparent reason, some random clubs suddenly become barca-like...you'll find an average 70-ca bunch of players at a 'normal' level 9 or level 10 team...usually you spot them by checking the fa vase roll of honour...since they're clearly overpowered they usually play the final...I spotted in wessex premier division a Lymington that begin the game with a normal reputation and regular lower league players, end the first season mid table, then out of the blue win the following season their league with 40 wins out of 40...and you can understand it because they field many 90-ca players, players that would be good even for league clubs...this was a problem even the past year, but this year it seems quite impossible to tackle, even because at level 9 and 10 you haven't playoff, so it's quite impossible to be promoted...and if you wander through the divisions you'll find many of this teams...really annoying...

I tried both the main llm databases, both are great improvements to the game and run perfectly but...fm16 doesn't help in making them truly playable...two gamebreaking issues: the lack of suitable managers and staff (not only during the game but even at the beginning, the last year we had many more) and one that you can spot only holidaying the game and then analysing it...over the season, without any apparent reason, some random clubs suddenly become barca-like...you'll find an average 70-ca bunch of players at a 'normal' level 9 or level 10 team...usually you spot them by checking the fa vase roll of honour...since they're clearly overpowered they usually play the final...I spotted in wessex premier division a Lymington that begin the game with a normal reputation and regular lower league players, end the first season mid table, then out of the blue win the following season their league with 40 wins out of 40...and you can understand it because they field many 90-ca players, players that would be good even for league clubs...this was a problem even the past year, but this year it seems quite impossible to tackle, even because at level 9 and 10 you haven't playoff, so it's quite impossible to be promoted...and if you wander through the divisions you'll find many of this teams...really annoying...

I can honestly say I've not seen this, but every year when I run a LLM database some tin-pot pub team gets taken over buy a tycoon. In a FM15 save Saltash won everything and eventually reached the Championship with a 35 year-old Daniel Sturridge up front. It's mental, but these things do happen.

I can honestly say I've not seen this, but every year when I run a LLM database some tin-pot pub team gets taken over buy a tycoon. In a FM15 save Saltash won everything and eventually reached the Championship with a 35 year-old Daniel Sturridge up front. It's mental, but these things do happen.

In my past saves on FM15, I noticed this happen and found out it was because the crowd setting for some clubs was at 10,000 minimum so they were taking in way more money than others in their league and go undefeated for like 3 or 4 straight seasons. When I adjusted it they went back to being a normal team.

the crowd setting for some clubs was at 10,000 minimum so they were taking in way more money than others in their league

Yes, it's important to remember to adjust the attendance settings when you create a new team. It always annoyed me that the default was 10000. Why not just make it 0, SI?

Archived