Player goes on a booze night with friends, is livid I fine him

Last season

Rees Donneley was not on training today due to a night out with friends and left a bar late.

Rees Donneley is absent on matchday

I fine him 2 weeks salary

Drop him into U21

Had a big match coming up against Man U which we needed to win to maintain our 2 point lead over Chelsea

I go into the Interaction and criticize for conduct.

He replies I always give my best on and off pitch

This season

Same scenario

Except now he's livid at being fined and wants to leave because I was wrong... I need to support him instead of flogging.

For 145k a week I expect nothing but professional behaviour from a player.

Sure everyone needs to unwind, just not before matchday

What would you do?

(ps I'd be a terrible manager cause I would flog just about everyone who misbehaves or plays like a wet potatoe)

(pps, sploiled brats :D)

Not exactly the same situation, but I had a player dive in a Champions League Quarter Final second leg. And get booked for it. Then do it again. So in the minutes following the game, he was transfer listed, and then sold the next day. Zero tolerance.

In your situation, if it was real life I'd have thrown the book at him on the second occurrence. Fool me once, etc etc. Only annoying thing is that once you look like you want to sell someone, clubs vastly reduce what they're willing to pay. Is anyone interested in him currently? I'd always say sell him, but then I go to the more Fergie School of Management.

You were probably too hard with the first occasion- what you did was the most extreme punishment and that leaves you with no room for further punishment. Of course you need to discipline but, as with all discipline procedures, you need to match the punishment with the crime and not over-react

Not seen any of these situations in FM16 or FM15 which I obviously played longer - does it only happen to regens

yes, due to legal issues

CR has been spotted walking out of a bar

CR then sees someone whinge about it (or maybe not him, but his media-presence team), and then sues SI for libel

You were probably too hard with the first occasion- what you did was the most extreme punishment and that leaves you with no room for further punishment. Of course you need to discipline but, as with all discipline procedures, you need to match the punishment with the crime and not over-react

I believe that's nonsense :)

If we want to be realistic - any player going on the lash just before a competitive match needs the book thrown at him (boot kicked? ;) ).

Giving a lesser punishment for the first offence just so you have the option to come down heavily "next time" is actually a bit silly when you think about it - there shouldn't be a next time because the boss was rightly livid first time round.

OP made the right call both times. FM is very black and white when the players make their daft demands, so we need to be just as strict when it comes to discipline. In my opinion.

If we want to be realistic - any player going on the lash just before a competitive match needs the book thrown at him (boot kicked? ;) ).

except that hasn't happened

he's gone out drinking and has misses a measly training session, which doesn't deserve a 2 week fine (a warning or 1 week is suitable enough) - training is NOT done on matchdays in FM

he misses for matchday, then by all means, throw the boot at him (because that's actually important, unless the season is wrapped up already)

you've then criticised him for conduct performances - I hope this was immediately after the event, otherwise you're dragging up old issues, it's been dealt with and he's moved on

and referring to the OP, I'd actually show lenience with the player (especially a youngster, a 18yo might go out drinking, but a 22yo should know better) - probably just a warning for the first offence, then more severe if he hasn't learnt

what you're paying him makes no difference, you've chosen to pay him that much (which given his obvious character issues) is a VERY poor judgement call on your part

yes, due to legal issues

CR has been spotted walking out of a bar

CR then sees someone whinge about it (or maybe not him, but his media-presence team), and then sues SI for libel

And he would lose. The game isnt programmed for that to happen specifically to him. The game isnt public speech. Random events in a game arent libel.

except that hasn't happened

he's gone out drinking and has misses a measly training session, which doesn't deserve a 2 week fine (a warning or 1 week is suitable enough) - training is NOT done on matchdays in FM

he misses for matchday, then by all means, throw the boot at him (because that's actually important, unless the season is wrapped up already)

you've then criticised him for conduct performances - I hope this was immediately after the event, otherwise you're dragging up old issues, it's been dealt with and he's moved on

and referring to the OP, I'd actually show lenience with the player (especially a youngster, a 18yo might go out drinking, but a 22yo should know better) - probably just a warning for the first offence, then more severe if he hasn't learnt

what you're paying him makes no difference, you've chosen to pay him that much (which given his obvious character issues) is a VERY poor judgement call on your part

He had the icon Abs and couldn't be added on the tactics screen. When I got the news message I immediately fined him, dropped him in U21 and went to his character page and criticized for conduct. He's a 28 year old English international.

I had a look at his personal information with the editor. Professionalism is 3 ... Ouch!

In a match he almost always performs with a 7 or higher so he is playing good football. I will absolutely put him back in the mainsquad team after a week or 2 and he'll be playing again.

And he would lose. The game isnt programmed for that to happen specifically to him. The game isnt public speech. Random events in a game arent libel.

Probably, but SI doesn't need/want that kind of negative publicity, and they have relationships with players and clubs and other soccer figures that could be potentially damaged. Back in the old days there was the 'arse' command where if you typed it in the console many of the bad personality types would act like, well, arses :D Would love to have it back but it won't happen, so we'll save the spectating for the newgens.

I had a look at his personal information with the editor. Professionalism is 3 ... Ouch!

In a match he almost always performs with a 7 or higher so he is playing good football. I will absolutely put him back in the mainsquad team after a week or 2 and he'll be playing again.

And if he isn't too old, get him some tutoring fast! ;)

Probably, but SI doesn't need/want that kind of negative publicity, and they have relationships with players and clubs and other soccer figures that could be potentially damaged. Back in the old days there was the 'arse' command where if you typed it in the console many of the bad personality types would act like, well, arses :D Would love to have it back but it won't happen, so we'll save the spectating for the newgens.

I agree..now if we could get some modders to work on the game.....

Last season

Rees Donneley was not on training today due to a night out with friends and left a bar late.

Rees Donneley is absent on matchday

I fine him 2 weeks salary

Drop him into U21

Had a big match coming up against Man U which we needed to win to maintain our 2 point lead over Chelsea

I go into the Interaction and criticize for conduct.

He replies I always give my best on and off pitch

This season

Same scenario

Except now he's livid at being fined and wants to leave because I was wrong... I need to support him instead of flogging.

For 145k a week I expect nothing but professional behaviour from a player.

Sure everyone needs to unwind, just not before matchday

What would you do?

(ps I'd be a terrible manager cause I would flog just about everyone who misbehaves or plays like a wet potatoe)

(pps, sploiled brats :D)

I find the discipline side of the game a bit messy. I recently had a player who was unhappy and missed training so I fined him. He reacted angrily which obviously can happen. The problem being another player came to me and said that he was unhappy that player hadn't been fined, when he had been and at the same time was unhappy that the same player had been fined. He then himself decided to skip training and then was unhappy he got fined :lol:.

Archived