Can't recall a player from on loan, though its in his loan clause...?

If he's a contracted player, the same rules apply to him as everyone else. Or do you mean he has a youth contract? Didn't think you could even loan them out.

Might depend on country.

I could in Scotland once they turned 17yo even if they were on a youth contract.

You need to be inside a transfer window, for one thing.

Is this true? I thought Arsenal recalled Coquelin from loan at Charlton outside of the transfer window last season.

Also, I do know that there's something like the player can't be recalled inside the 1st 27 days of the loan.

EDIT: Yup, recalled him on December 12th:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9603385/arsenal-recall-francis-coquelin-from-charlton-to-help-ease-injury-problems

Is this true? I thought Arsenal recalled Coquelin from loan at Charlton outside of the transfer window last season.

Also, I do know that there's something like the player can't be recalled inside the 1st 27 days of the loan.

EDIT: Yup, recalled him on December 12th:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9603385/arsenal-recall-francis-coquelin-from-charlton-to-help-ease-injury-problems

If he only joined Charlton in November, that would have been a short term loan, which means different rules apply and he can be recalled as long as it is after 27 days.

When you say "transfer window" do you mean the "loan window" HUNT3R?

I think players can move to and from clubs on loan, depending on the league until late November.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html

Short term loans are classed as 'emergency loans'.

How long can these loans be for?

They can range from 28 days to 93 days. The upper end of the scale is over three months, so it is likely the player will be with their new club until the end of the season. The two clubs may also decide to introduce a break clause, in accordance with section 53.3.8 of the Football League regulations, which means the player can be recalled any time after the 28 day mark.

In extenuating circumstances, the League can agree to extend the loan beyond 93 days but, normally, you can’t keep the same player for more than this period of time (i.e. a club can’t keep signing him on loan over and over again).

----

For long-term loans ('temporary transfers') you need to be in a transfer window (and I don't think it may be within the same window) to cancel it.

If you take a look in the competition rules (in the 'Overview' drop-down), it will tell you there whether there are any particular loan rules. In the Premier League long-term loans 'must end in a valid transfer window', but not all leagues have this restriction.

If you take a look in the competition rules (in the 'Overview' drop-down), it will tell you there whether there are any particular loan rules. In the Premier League long-term loans 'must end in a valid transfer window', but not all leagues have this restriction.

Does this apply to incoming transfers (loans), outgoing or both?

So yeah, short term loans can finish whenever (up to 93 days from start) and can start during the normal transfer windows and during the emergency loan window (Sept to mid/late November and Feb to April (I think))

But long term loans have to start and finish in the traditional windows.

So, for example, when you are a EPL team, and go to sign a player on loan during the summer window, it will give you 2 options for loan end, 5/6/7 months, depending on the amount of time to Jan, and End of Season.

As a lending team, you will only be able to recall a player on a long term loan during January (or potentially August - provided the player has been on loan for more than 27 days)

In summary, quite a complex system.

Wanted to apologise for that :D

Was just a quick Google search but I did look into it not too long ago, so I knew they were correct for a change. Besides, I'm a foreigner who...err... doesn't know it's a poor source ;), so I can be excused. :brock:

Archived