Just bought the game: game breaking bug - can't navigate with mouse button

Please tell me this is on the radar to be fixed? I have been using the mouse buttons to navigate forward/back for years and the first thing I notice after starting a new game is I can't navigate back unless the mouse is hovered over the actual forward/back arrows, talk about a ruined first impression! For people with disabilities that limits mouse movement it is a major problem.

This annoying (but hardly game breaking) bug seemed to crop up with the last patch, and I don't think there are any plans to fix it.

As a workaround, you can hover over the sidebar (or top bar on other pages) to make it work.

Please tell me this is on the radar to be fixed? I have been using the mouse buttons to navigate forward/back for years and the first thing I notice after starting a new game is I can't navigate back unless the mouse is hovered over the actual forward/back arrows, talk about a ruined first impression!

Think your title of "Game Breaking Bug" is a bit overzealous...

I don't use them and as others don't then it clearly isn't a "Game Breaking Bug". Unless it really is so hard for you to move the arrow and click.

As dafuge already has said if you position the cursor anywhere on the sidebar the forward/back mouse buttons function as normal.

It was like that before the last patch, it was from the initial release of the game. One of the patches just made it a bit worse. But as people have mentioned, move your cursor to the side bar, or the top bar, and you will be able to use mouse back/forwrd buttons as before.

It is also something that SI is aware of, and according to one reply in the bugs forum, is being looked into. But obviously won't be fixed until FM 2016 earliest.

It was like that before the last patch, it was from the initial release of the game. One of the patches just made it a bit worse. But as people have mentioned, move your cursor to the side bar, or the top bar, and you will be able to use mouse back/forwrd buttons as before.

It is also something that SI is aware of, and according to one reply in the bugs forum, is being looked into. But obviously won't be fixed until FM 2016 earliest.

If you are going to move your mouse to the top bar you might as well just use the left mouse button and click the arrow, for people who get fatigued by too much mouse movement this is a really unacceptable workaround.

Really feel like they dropped the ball on this one, when it affects people with disabilities it should be a top priority.

Playing devil's advocate if you've fatigue to the point that you cannot move the cursor to the sidebar how would you interact with the player menu's & tactics screens? A single movement to the left sounds like the least taxing task that you would have to perform within the FM interface.

Playing devil's advocate if you've fatigue to the point that you cannot move the cursor to the sidebar how would you interact with the player menu's & tactics screens? A single movement to the left sounds like the least taxing task that you would have to perform within the FM interface.

It's not just mouse movements but clicks as well, it is easier to press a side button than a main mouse button (requires less actuation force), a bug is a bug and this is an important and glaringly obvious bug that should not have been overlooked.

Very disappointed in SI and I say that as someone that started playing with championship manager 2, usually it takes a good few hours to find something wrong with the game but this bug affected me from the first moment of play.

My forward and back buttons work regardless of where the cursor is, so clearly not everyone is experiencing this. It may be difficult to pinpoint what exactly is causing it.

My forward and back buttons work regardless of where the cursor is, so clearly not everyone is experiencing this. It may be difficult to pinpoint what exactly is causing it.

Mine work too.

It's not just mouse movements but clicks as well, it is easier to press a side button than a main mouse button (requires less actuation force), a bug is a bug and this is an important and glaringly obvious bug that should not have been overlooked.

Very disappointed in SI and I say that as someone that started playing with championship manager 2, usually it takes a good few hours to find something wrong with the game but this bug affected me from the first moment of play.

Why are you disappointed with SI concerning this? They have acknowledged the issue, and are looking into it, but it's obviously not an easy fix, or they would have fixed it already. What more do you want?

Do you demand that no bugs whatsoever, ever appear at all? Well, good luck with that, with any game, and any game manufacturer.

I get your point, and you have the right to complain. But it's being looked into, now chill a bit, yeah?

Exactly what Steve said. If someone cannot move a mouse very easily due to disability and the usual method of navigating screens for them is not working, then for that person it's game breaking. Posting with the attitude of "moaning about nothing, chill out" doesn't help anyone.

To the op, not ever tried the back forward buttons on a mouse before, as I've always had an mmo mouse, so my mappings go on numbered keys. How are you with keyboards? I'm assuming they are worse for you? As left and right arrows give the same function, so if you have a decent mouse with remap abilities then as a workaround you could map the left and right arrows to your forward and backwards button on the mouse.

Other than that, my forward/backward button is working fine, so I guess it's an issue with certain brands or models.

Exactly what Steve said. If someone cannot move a mouse very easily due to disability and the usual method of navigating screens for them is not working, then for that person it's game breaking. Posting with the attitude of "moaning about nothing, chill out" doesn't help anyone.

To the op, not ever tried the back forward buttons on a mouse before, as I've always had an mmo mouse, so my mappings go on numbered keys. How are you with keyboards? I'm assuming they are worse as left and right arrows give the same function. If you have a decent mouse with remap abilities then as a workaround you could map those side buttons to those keys?

Exactly this, bloody fanboi's!!

I use the spacebar alot, as it forwards emails and continues the game, so is pretty quick and effortless in terms of mouse movement, if this helps.

Archived