Anyone ever struggled..

First of all this isnt a moan or slagging SI! but has anyone struggled To get into a game of fm15?

I've tried various saves, Leeds,Bristol,Mvv in Holland but I cant stay interested, I dont know if it is because the lay out isn't as user friendly as fm14

anybody got any solutions? been playing fm for years and this is the only year I can't go into it and it is bugging me tbh

It all depends what type of game you want.

If you want an easier game to help you get used to the new interface try Real Madrid, Barcelona

If you want something completely different try managing in Asia or South America

If you want something you can get your teeth into try starting off unemployed with no qualification and see where you can get.

If you want something similar yet challenging try a team like Everton or Tottenham, a team that's been threatening to challenge without actually getting there

Best place to start could be the career update section here and take inspiration by reading what other people are up to.

Sometimes I can't get into games at all, I can binge play and do loads of seasons in a few weeks... then not play at all for months. Have you tried Football Manager Classic.

p.s. there is more than one team in Bristol. :mad:

Haha sorry mate, I was actually Bristol Rovers aswell!

It all depends what type of game you want.

If you want an easier game to help you get used to the new interface try Real Madrid, Barcelona

If you want something completely different try managing in Asia or South America

If you want something you can get your teeth into try starting off unemployed with no qualification and see where you can get.

If you want something similar yet challenging try a team like Everton or Tottenham, a team that's been threatening to challenge without actually getting there

Best place to start could be the career update section here and take inspiration by reading what other people are up to.

Thanks for advice mate, I always tend to start off lower leagues

just the interface bugs me on this one!

Finding it tough to get into due to the ease of the game. I always play Everton (well, I played as Torquay once in CM93), and I found the magic spell broken in the second season as I was romping to the title with only one loan signing, a standard 4231. When I checked my league record I had recorded 16 straight wins at home.

I don't want to play as anyone else, so have tried to make it a bit tougher on the financial side and also eased back some of the overrated players. I am also playing with a no transfer policy, so only youth intake to play with. I'm hoping that will make it more spellbinding. FM14 had it in spades.

Same here. Been playing since 97/98 and I've really struggled to get in to FM15. First time a new FM just hasn't done it for me. I've gone back to playing FM14 with a data update as it's still good and, in my opinion, far superior to it's sucessor. The GUI in 15 is horrible to look at and cumbersome to use, there doesn't seem to be any really worthwhile new features and the match engine is much less logical than 14.

For my money, there does seem to have been a trend over the last 5/6 years for the even numbered FMs to be better than the odd numbered ones so hopefully 16 will get things back on track.

Isn't the easy solution to download a custom skin that suits your needs? :) Especially if you point out that the UI is the only issue.

As crazy as it sounds there have been times where I have been bored with FM and changing the skin really works, it feels like a new game and for whatever crazy reason it gets me right back into the swing of playing.

I find it difficult to get going with a save. Partially cos there is so much to do at the start.

Got to create the tactic, then evaluate the players, then evaluate the random PA'd youth players, assign the training, overhaul the staff list, re-assign the scouting network, get started on transfers and so on.

Often I find I spend so long doing that I just can't be bothered to start the actual game itself.

I really should pick my favourite team, do all of the above and make it a "DO NOT DELETE EVER" save so if I ever want a new game with them and a different formation I can just load that one up y'know?

Archived