Why can't a player go on loan to 2 different teams ?

I have a player I bought in the summer, for backup.

Played once at seasons start, then didn't get a look in. Sent him out on loan until Jan.

Comes back and now he is not able to go back out on loan and play for another club, as he has already played for 2 teams ?

Players always go to one club on loan, come back, then go to another club, regardless of whether they have played for their parent club or not

I thought the rule didn't apply to loans ?

The rule refers to the registration of the player at a club, which would be required for him to go on loan:

2. A player may only be registered with one club at a time.

3. Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.

The only exception occurs when moving between countries with overlapping seasons.

[TABLE=class: cquote]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]“[/TD]

[TD]As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.[/TD]

[TD]”[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Is this a calender year? Darren Bent's on loan at Derby having just been on loan at Brighton from Aston Villa :confused:

It seems overlapping seasons isn't the only exception to the rule which I posted earlier.

The Bent transfer was classed as an 'emergency loan', which is also an exception to the rule.

Archived