False 9 supplier and scorer?

Is this possible?

I didn't think my best striker, Louis Moult, was being particularly effective despite 10 goals in 27. So I put him into his favoured False 9 role in an attacking 4-3-2-1 with the AMR set to Inside Forward. Moult gets 2 assists, the AMR both goals in a 2-0 win, but Moult only mustered 3 shots in the entire game....2 missed the net, 1 saved. I feel the 'support' role of a False 9 might not be suitable for a lone striker role, but is it somehow possible to combine the supplier role with the goal threat of an Advanced Forward?

i guess its possible, i got a f9 with two aml/amr on w(a).

in 15 games he scored 8 and assisted 6.

here are his attributes:

10lBNdm.png

he is far away from being a top player in the league but i guess the mentals vision, teamwork, work rate and decisions are extremely important for a f9.

The only way you can have a F9 who scores consistently is to have one with high acceleration and pretty high pace, preferably with high stamina. Because he's dropping deep as part of his role, he needs to be pretty quick to get back into the box after fulfilling the support part of his role. If he lacks that pace, the move will be over by the time he arrives, so he will only rarely finish moves off. Which shouldn't matter - his job isn't to finish moves off anyway, but to create space for other players to operate in and be creative enough to play good passes that help build momentum in the final third, as well as killer balls to the players exploiting the space he creates.

The plays one-twos PPM though might help, since it will encourage the player to look to lay the ball off and then run beyond his marker instead of just sit static after playing a sideways/backwards pass. Maybe "arrives late in the opposition area", too, although I've never used that with a player in the forwards strata.

But really, if you want a F9 who provides a goal threat, you don't really want a F9. You probably want a treq with "comes deep to get ball".

33jh1ug.png

Can be done mate. In all honestly this comes primarily from having excellent inside forwards on both sides.

Essentially we work the ball into the box then it's a toss up for who assists and who finishes. The F9 usually ends up with more goals, simply by virtue of the fact he tends to be more central.

33jh1ug.png

Can be done mate. In all honestly this comes primarily from having excellent inside forwards on both sides.

Essentially we work the ball into the box then it's a toss up for who assists and who finishes. The F9 usually ends up with more goals, simply by virtue of the fact he tends to be more central.

How did you get Roberts' decisions so high? (or does he have randomised stats?)

It depends on the set up, a False Nine can score goals for sure.

What sort of setup would suit in the lone striker role.Winger one side attacking wing back the other for supply(crosses into the box).Inside forward supporting so he drifts in more for support(less isolation).Then coming from midfield box to box with advanced play maker?.Would that balance right?.

Sounds a decent balance, but I'd reserve judgement until I saw the full thing. A Winger to stretch play and give the F9 some space to attack is a good thing. I would imagine as a lone striker he would fare better, otherwise he might risk being a supplier to a strike partner instead, but a good player could still make it work. Basically, not crowding out the F9, and making sure he gets the ball would work.

I'm currently playing a 5-3-2/3-5-2 with my front 3 consisting of a Shadow Striker ACM a False 9 Striker and a Advance Forward Striker (these 3 players being Sterling, Roberts & Origi in that order). They don't all score or assists every game but Origi and Roberts both still have a ton of goals and Sterling has a few goals with a ton of assists, when one fails to score or assist in one game the other 2 seem to make up for it.

I'm currently playing a 5-3-2/3-5-2 with my front 3 consisting of a Shadow Striker ACM a False 9 Striker and a Advance Forward Striker (these 3 players being Sterling, Roberts & Origi in that order). They don't all score or assists every game but Origi and Roberts both still have a ton of goals and Sterling has a few goals with a ton of assists, when one fails to score or assist in one game the other 2 seem to make up for it.

Different formation, but that's exactly the same thing I see.

Archived