The Portuguese Wonderkid

ruben_neves_fc_porto7071d188_630x354.jpg

Full Name: Ruben Diogo Da Silva Neves

Date of Birth: 13/3/1997

Nationality: Portugal

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Club: FC Porto

Value: £575k

Sale Value: £17,000,000 (Release Clause)

Real Life Club Career

Born in Mozelos, Santa Maria da Feira, in the Aveiro District, Neves began playing football in 2005 when he joined F.C. Porto's youth team. He came through the club's youth level's until the under-17, while also having been loaned to Padroense F.C. (club acting as a Porto U16 squad) for a short time in the 2012–13 season.

In the beginning of July 2014, he was supposed to by-pass Porto's under-19 team and play with their B-team but following the injury of fellow teammate Mikel Agu, Neves was called by manager Julen Lopetegui to be part of the pre-season squad for the main team. He impressed the coach, so he remained with the main squad during the rest of the pre-season.

On 15 August 2014, Neves made his professional debut with Porto in a 2–0 home win against Marítimo. He became the youngest player on the team's history to score a goal on his debut in the Primeira Liga.

On 20 August 2014, he made his debut in the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League, in a 0–1 away win against Lille OSC for the play-off round, and broke another record becoming the youngest Portuguese player to debut in the European competition.

Football Manager 2015

I am sure everyone has heard of him by now, but felt he deserved a thread and was hoping to see how others have trained him differently to suit their needs.

I am currently Arsenal, and at the start of the game I went looking for a young DM that I could mould into the right player that I wanted. I wanted a versatile, holding DM who could get around the pitch and play football. Think more of a Gilberto Silva, rather than your Sven Bender.

He has been trained as a box to box, defensive midfield and a regista. He has some really nice technical attributes now and improved on his already strong mental attributes. I am sure if you wanted him to be more of a rock infront of the back four, you could train him as an anchor man and focus his attribute improvement on the marking/tackling/heading, but for my purposes I wanted him as a defensively solid as possible, while be able to do everything a CM can do. He still has a bit of improving to go, so hopefully I can get his passing/tackling up further.

Screenshot of him at the beginning can be found here.

39c1f49964314059b844cc86b69a6859.png

He has done fantastic for me over the few seasons I have had him, I just need a rotational optional for him... as I play him every game and he gets tired every now and again, but he is too good to rest :D Really links up the defence and midfield, while always being in the right place at the right time. Wouldn't sell him for any price on my save.

Here are his season ratings for the past 3;

94a7be716cc1bbf042b20596c9428ef7.png

If you are interested in his potential ability, it is;

Feel free to discuss, I am sure a lot of people have bought him by now!

bought him for Liverpool.only a couple of months into my save tho. playing U18 & U21 games plus a couple of first team subs. can see improvement already.

will have to get him to focus on specific training soon as I want him as an anchor

bought him for Liverpool.only a couple of months into my save tho. playing U18 & U21 games plus a couple of first team subs. can see improvement already.

will have to get him to focus on specific training soon as I want him as an anchor

Yeah this is what I am after, would love to see him trained as an anchor!

He is playing perfectly for me, as a 'defensive midfielder' infront of the back four. Scared to teach him so PPM's, cause he is doing exactly what I want at the moment :D

Not had the pleasure yet, although I think I'll start with a top side tonight for a change and see what he's about :)

With the mental attributes and well rounded general feel to him, he reminds me of Moutinho/Veloso of the old FM's :D

Definitely one of my favourite players this year.

He's genuinely brilliant and well worth the fee.

I signed him for Liverpool (first season, first window), and he was injured for 4 months in the final pre-season game :(

My own fault for abusing the boy by playing him so much. Already sold Lucas though so I'm a bit scuppered for 1st choice DM. Gerrard is backup in my opinion, while Hendo, Can and Allen aren't really suited to it (again, in my own opinion).

Gah... FM, why do you torture me so?

Funny that, I just looked at him before saw this thread :D Might try and sign him for West Ham :cool:

They rejected literally everything up until the release clause... tried £16.75m to try and be cheap, rejected :D

Unless you've come into a pot of gold at West Ham, I don't know if you'll afford him!

What skin do you use to have the 16+ values in attributes in orange?

In the original one it is all in diferrent grades of green.

You can change it to anything you want in the preferences.

I think it's under Graphics, then the 2nd tab

Archived