What Do You Do Between Games?

I am new to FM 2015 and soccer (football) in general. I love watching my team compete in game. However, after I go through transfers and the transfer window closes, what else should I focus on between matches? I can look at basic training schedule, but anything else? I guess I'm wondering what little tweaks and adjustments are you making between matches? What do you look at between matches? It's so easy just to hit "continue" to get to the next match but I know that's probably not the best way to play. Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Brian

I typically just mash continue

I may make some tactical tweaks (gotta love dat micromanagement)

I definately look for newgens, gotta love me getting a 5* rated talent for peanuts before he signs a pro deal (damn new scouting system though ;) )

check the boardroom, were they happy with my last performance? and can I request a new feeder club already?

renew contracts of some squad players (I hate having their contracts run down, unless they're beyond useless)

see who's interested in some squad players, and whether or not I can draft in a replacement (for cheaper)

sometimes I'll go looking for new players (the best time is out of a transfer window) for January recruits (normally comes after a player is sent off, a bit of rage in that)

Tactical tweaks (player roles, duty, whatever) to see if I can get better performances out of a player, or trawling through an extensive list of players presented by my scouts to see if there are any bargains as I'm a big sucker for cheap bargains (even if my team has 20 defenders, I still buy them). Or as many people do, mash continue.

Yep, I look at the game coming next, scout the opposition, see what needs to be changed tactically, scout a few players for the next window, tweak training and match preparation, make sure my scouts are scouting the correct places, moan to the board for the 18th time about improving the stadium etc.

I look at the previous performance, did everyone play well?, Scout a few players for the upcoming window, Look at my scout reports that my scouts have compiled. Maybe tweak the tactics and the line up and that's about it.

Mainly mashing continue. Depending on the result before, i make some tactical changes, answer any news items that pop up. Scout more players that appear decent. If i'm feeling really impatient, I holiday to the next match though this is dangerous as you end up missing news items like players that want to chat etc or your feeder club options coming back.

Depends on the time of year and your needs. If you're struggling and you're loaded with injuries, you need to make some tactical adjustments and figure out who is playing where and how to make everything work. If you're winning and pretty much everyone is healthy, it's a space-bar smash fest. It doesn't hurt to check out who you're playing and find out where they're weak so you can exploit them or where you might be exploited, but I typically only do that when I'm worried I will have a very hard time getting a result.

But then the transfer window is coming up, and you need to start looking at ways to improve, and offloading players that just aren't working for you, or loaning out some youngsters to give them some first team experience. It's nice to have those kind of things lined up as the transfer window comes up, not on deadline day and you still have several holes to fill.

Depends when in the week the match is. After Saturday/Sunday matches, I set the upcoming week's training focus. I used to do that monthly but it gives me something extra to do each week if I do it weekly instead. Sometimes I might want to change the focus for some random reason my brain decides on, too, even if I have gone in advance this month.

I'll always set the starting 11 to have a single day of rest if there's less than 5 days to the next match. If any player is really exhausted and I MUST play him in the next game, he'll get two (or occasionally even three) days of rest.

Then there's just keeping up with what's happening in the game world (how are my other preferred teams doing? are there any youngsters doing well out on loan? etc) before mashing continue. I might also haul in some players for chats on their performances in training/recent form.

It´s at it most interesting to see what happens each day during the transfer windows for me. But nothing beats pushing continue and coming to the core of FM15, the matches. But of course you always need to check some things out each day/each two days, and that´s usually tweaking your next squad who are going to make the starting eleven. And to do that you need to have "perfect" check with which of your players are in form or not. And to that, as said above, you need to check out previous matches. Another tip if you have bigger ambitions than what your current club has is to check out job security now and then for a new club.

Archived