Question for Neil or any of the developers

Have any ideas from the wishlist thread or any suggestion thread made it into the game? Or have any new features in any FM been inspired by a suggestion on the forums?

I not trying to claim anything and I'm genuinely curious but the reason I ask is ages ago I suggested something that is very similar to some of the new scouting changes. For some reason I couldn't find it in my post history and after much searching to settle a bet I found it. Link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.?p=8734750&viewfull=1#post8734750

Here is a quote of that post.

Some good ideas here that I would like to see, and some dont seem that hard to do.

Stats, stats and more stats: Always seems easy to do and add a nice feel to the game, A rework of the records page would be nice, rather than just the top player on each stat( league appearance/goals. youngest/oldest player/goalscorer etc) Have a list of the top ten(or more) of each. IRL we always hear about how some player has passed out number x on the top ten goal scorers or appearances. Be nice for bits of news articles that your newgen has reached number 9 in the top ten players in only 4 years ect, also for a lot of teams its very difficult to beat the records as the amount of league games in a season has dropped.

Scouting: As people have mentioned you tend to go with the 4* teenager vs the twentysomething regular on the star system alone. Not too sure how to fix this but i was thinking depending on how good your scout is, rather than getting a perfect view of the player you scouted you get a estimate or a range, so you scout a 23yr old playing regularly you get a small range say finishing is 18 you get a range 16-19 dribbling is 16 you get a range 14-17. But you scout a 18yr old not playing much you get a bigger range, finishing is 15 you get 10-18, dribbling is 14 you get 9-16. Requiring you to scout more or really think about if he is worth the risk. And the closer to home the player is the more accurate they account, so you a player getting football in the same league as you you are more sure of their stats, fits in with real life where we regularly see teams buying premiership players as "they know the league"

Form:This ties into the scouting attributes range, if you scout players who are on a great run of form, or you scout a player based on one match where they got a hat-trick they could have some stats estimated too high, so that 18-20 composure you see from that hat trick match soon drops to 14-17 after seeing his next 5 games where he misses changes and only gets 2 goals in 5 games. On the flip side that player who was suffering a confidence loss and hasn't scored in ten hours your scouts recon his finishing and composure show up at 8-13 when in reality they are closer to 15. So it would make you think more and actually spend time looking at players history to see if this great season is a fluke or if he is doing it year in year out. Maybe this could tie into your own players too where a sub that is hitting form gets a boost to stats that make you think about giving him that start.

Youth:Not too sure the best way to do this but even a small indication of the players at the youth accadamy would be nice, so that you know not to buy that 17yr old SC as there is a promsing youth canditate coming though

Your idea for the scouting could be completely independent from mine but I am genuinely curious if any ideas from the forums have made it into a game?

Scouting has definitely got what you have suggested

Not sure if any of more of your ideas made it or mine, but in the past I have suggested:

A flag for offside instead of whistle.

Signing Scouts/Joining a club with scouts - scouts should have prior knowledge and list of players they know

Transfer system was too easy with 48 month and 0 upfront, that's been severely restricted now.

Having some buttons appear in the news feed

• Administrators

I can't give you total credit for this feature :D But yes of course, the wishlist definitely has provided ideas which have gone into the game in the past and some ideas in the wishlist thread have already been raised elsewhere or by the internal SI team. Everyone has a part to play in improving FM and this is just a sign of that.

I can't give you total credit for this feature :D But yes of course, the wishlist definitely has provided ideas which have gone into the game in the past and some ideas in the wishlist thread have already been raised elsewhere or by the internal SI team. Everyone has a part to play in improving FM and this is just a sign of that.

I'll take that as a yes then. :). All I ask in return is a small splash screen, perhaps before of after the SEGA logo I don't mind which:rolleyes:. I do always admire the SI team for being so active on their own forums its nice to know that as fans and a community we have a direct line to the the developers so to speak and that they do take our suggestions on board.

From the OP:

Form:This ties into the scouting attributes range, if you scout players who are on a great run of form, or you scout a player based on one match where they got a hat-trick they could have some stats estimated too high, so that 18-20 composure you see from that hat trick match soon drops to 14-17 after seeing his next 5 games where he misses changes and only gets 2 goals in 5 games. On the flip side that player who was suffering a confidence loss and hasn't scored in ten hours your scouts recon his finishing and composure show up at 8-13 when in reality they are closer to 15. So it would make you think more and actually spend time looking at players history to see if this great season is a fluke or if he is doing it year in year out. Maybe this could tie into your own players too where a sub that is hitting form gets a boost to stats that make you think about giving him that start.

Is this in FM 15? thats really great if thats how it works.

From the OP:

Is this in FM 15? thats really great if thats how it works.

I don't have the beta but I don't think the form part is in, think its rather than having the blank (-) for a players attributes you don't know much about you get a range so like 10-18 the less you know the bigger the range. I would love the form part to be in, would mean there is a chance of big money flops, for a one season wonder, and it would take a long time scouting the one player to be sure he was suited to your play style and tactics, especially youth players. Could be a young player who started with high CA but over all bad PA looking great compared to the other u18 players since he is preforming so much better. While it might take a great youngster till they are 18 to get the form they need to be noticed by other teams.

Archived