Tactics familiarity is NOT progressing

Although I've used the same tactics in 90% of the matches I played this season and 70-80% of my weekly training is "Tactics", the familiarity bar is about 50% full :confused:

I've played one qualifying round for CL, one for Europa League, local Cup competition & the 1st League round but nothing.

Some attributes, like Formation & mentality are still "AKWARD"!!!

How much more training and how many mre seasons do I need to use the same tactics to fill up the Familiarity bar then?????????????? :rolleyes:

Setting match prep to "Tactics Only" will help improve tactical familiarity.

The "Tactics" option in the general training is misleading. It focuses on several mental attributes (anticipation, composure, concentration, decisions and teamwork) and doesn't affect tactical familiarity as far as I know.

As well as all that has been said already, you might want to check whether you have at least a couple of coaches with relatively high tactics attributes, as I think this will slightly increase the speed at which tactics are learned.

Pretty sure that isn't the case.

As well as all that has been said already, you might want to check whether you have at least a couple of coaches with relatively high tactics attributes, as I think this will slightly increase the speed at which tactics are learned.

I always pick one coach to have at least 13+ on tactical attribute & ask him to do tactics, so I wouldn't think there is a problem with that...

Setting match prep to "Tactics Only" will help improve tactical familiarity.

The "Tactics" option in the general training is misleading. It focuses on several mental attributes (anticipation, composure, concentration, decisions and teamwork) and doesn't affect tactical familiarity as far as I know.

I'm just getting really confused now. Everything that I knew about weekly & pre-match trainning was wrong?

I had the impression that what you train during the week is the main thing for your team to learn and pre-match is just for the match day.

The truth is that lately, I am putting them to do loads of attacking pre-match trainning because they constantly fail to find the net (last match 16 shots-"0" goals) but they do not improve!

I've also noticed that whenever I put my team to do "defensive set-pieces" pre-match trainning, I conceded from a set-piece :mad:

I think that SI must publish specific description of what each thing does, instead of expecting to learn things from speculations.

Idon't know what else to say. Maybe it's just me getting confused :rolleyes:

Under Match Training it actually lists the tactics that it will train, so it's not really that confusing. That said, the weekly Tactics setting could do with a name change then for cases like these.

Could do with a name change as it seems to be more about "On Pitch Understanding" than about helping YOUR tactics.

Anyway, full tactic familiarity is achieved the quickest by sliding the tab all the way to maximum time spent training match tactics. Setting that to tactics only, and then playing about 9 matches.

Good for tactical familiarity:

1: Match prep training on max with focus on "tactics only". (General team or individual training is not relevant).

2. No rest day before matches. (And not after either if there is less than 3 days between matches).

3: Good tactics coach. (The quality (star rating) of the coach set to train tactics matters).

4: Play matches. Many friendlies in pre-season will obviously benefit tactics familiarity, but all these match days - and training days that are largely occupied by match prep training - will also take time away from regular training. Find a good compromise.

Not good for tactical familiarity:

1: Bringing in new signings.

2: Making changes to your tactics.

If you are going to use only 1 tactical setup, training only that tactic will be quicker than training 2 or 3 at a time. But then you will have to train tactic 2 and 3 in succession if you want to be fluid in more than one. It's a trade-off. I train my 2 most often used tactical variations simultaneously first, then adding a third variant as soon as these 2 are fluid. The more different these 2 or 3 tactics are, the longer it will take to make them all fully fluid in all areas.

Under Match Training it actually lists the tactics that it will train, so it's not really that confusing. That said, the weekly Tactics setting could do with a name change then for cases like these.

OK, I understand the difference between the general/weekly training and the pre-match one.

I would like to raise a point though:

- In a week's time, a manager should have an option (I think) to train, e.g. 2 days Defensive set Pieces, 2 days Attacking movement & 1 day pre-match training.

Will this option exist in FM2015?

Also, if we find things which might look like a bug, or they just do not look very correct and they could be improved, how can we report them to the SI Team?

OK, I understand the difference between the general/weekly training and the pre-match one.

- In a week's time, a manager should have an option (I think) to train, e.g. 2 days Defensive set Pieces, 2 days Attacking movement & 1 day pre-match training.

Also, if we find things which might look like a bug, or they just do not look very correct and they could be improved, how can we report them to the SI Team?

So you would have some match prep training for 5 days of the week? There would be very little time left for "regular" training then. Match prep training takes time away from regular team training. Real managers are forced to focus on the most important with the time they have; so should you be. However, we also know that a manager some times can ask his players to train extra, to focus on problem areas that needs urgent attention. We could have such an option in FM too, that could be used occasionally. Let's say 1 or 2 hours extra pr day for a limited period of time, let's say a week. Depending on the squad's willingness to do it, of course.

There is a bug reporting sub-forum in here.

There's a bugs forum for any bugs you find. SI will be able to take a look and fix it for any updates or new versions of the game. At this point, most (if not all) existing bugs will be well known and probably fixed as well. It's worth keeping in mind for FM15 though.

I have no idea whether that option will exist, obviously. Wait for the feature video tomorrow. If you have suggestions for future versions, do it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.

So you would have some match prep training for 5 days of the week? There would be very little time left for "regular" training then. Match prep training takes time away from regular team training. Real managers are forced to focus on the most important with the time they have; so should you be. However, we also know that a manager some times can ask his players to train extra, to focus on problem areas that needs urgent attention. We could have such an option in FM too, that could be used occasionally. Let's say 1 or 2 hours extra pr day for a limited period of time, let's say a week. Depending on the squad's willingness to do it, of course.

There is a bug reporting sub-forum in here.

This is what I mean, I am not saying that we should have match prep training for 5 days of the week.

Instead of having only one option for general training, we should have 2, so we'd do 2 days on each.

I'm just getting really confused now. Everything that I knew about weekly & pre-match trainning was wrong?

I had the impression that what you train during the week is the main thing for your team to learn and pre-match is just for the match day.

The truth is that lately, I am putting them to do loads of attacking pre-match trainning because they constantly fail to find the net (last match 16 shots-"0" goals) but they do not improve!

I've also noticed that whenever I put my team to do "defensive set-pieces" pre-match trainning, I conceded from a set-piece :mad:

I think that SI must publish specific description of what each thing does, instead of expecting to learn things from speculations.

Idon't know what else to say. Maybe it's just me getting confused :rolleyes:

Quite likely so, sorry :(

To get tactical familiarity up, there is no substitute for pre-match training. My own pre-match training consists of nothing else than this, on maximum amount, for the entire pre-season and even beyond, until my two setups are fully familiar.

The 'tactics only' option in pre-match training is however an exception amongst the other options in there. That's because it's the only option with a lasting effect! (increased tatical familiarity that is) All other option in pre-match training only give a small boost for the next match and have no further effect at all.

The general training is where the actual progress of the team is achieved during training. The only thing you have to keep in mind there is that the tactics option does only traing certain attributes and does NOT affect tactical familiarity.

hth :)

Quite likely so, sorry :(

To get tactical familiarity up, there is no substitute for pre-match training. My own pre-match training consists of nothing else than this, on maximum amount, for the entire pre-season and even beyond, until my two setups are fully familiar.

The 'tactics only' option in pre-match training is however an exception amongst the other options in there. That's because it's the only option with a lasting effect! (increased tatical familiarity that is) All other option in pre-match training only give a small boost for the next match and have no further effect at all.

The general training is where the actual progress of the team is achieved during training. The only thing you have to keep in mind there is that the tactics option does only traing certain attributes and does NOT affect tactical familiarity.

hth :)

I've been playing FM2013 for 13 seasons now and I must admit that in other cases, I had 70-80% of Tactics familiarity full, just from weekly tactical training and used in games.

I'm following your advice now, I've already seen a slight improvement in Tactics familiarity with pre-match tactics training and the slider set at more match training".

Let's see what the future holds :cool:

Archived