Early FM15 questions.

What does the beta let you do/not do? This will be the first FM release I've been around for (only got into the game this year), so I'm not sure what to expect as far as save options or importing a beta save into the full version.

How long does it normally take for decent edits to come out? Faces, logos, skins, so on.

When do you guys normally dive into a long term save? Right away? Months after release?

I ask these questions because I've fallen in love with FM but haven't gotten to experience a release yet. Just wondering how quickly people get acclimated or if there's a waiting process to get a save going. Didn't want to start a new save on FM14 if I'll be able to jump into FM15 right away! Feel free to share anything else about hoe you play the game upon release. Thanks! :D

Depends who you ask.....for a lot of people, release is always a worry, as there tends to be a lot of bugs, and unless gamebreaking, won't get fixed till the December patch. Some say its unplayable till then, some say it's not a problem.

You'll get lots of threads with people saying how bad Steam are and they can't log in (due to volume of people accessing i assume).

Beta....i "think" you can keep till game goes live and carry it on, the demo you definately can.

Yeah the beta saves carry on to the full release.

After the big updates it can affect your tactics and you will have to make changes.

Long term saves, some people begin on day 1 of beta and just make changes as they go, others just keep testing the game until they feel it is enjoyable enough for them to do a long term save, player preference really.

You could(will) see a lot of changes take place with regards to the match engine as updates are added, just see how it really affects your enjoyment of the game.

In beta you can play half a season and when the game goes life you can carry on with that save. Problem is you can only load one league so it might not be that attractive. Off course you can then add leagues but still...

And as evertonmarc said the beta is usually very bugged and lots will change the month after release.

Hmmmm, seems like it would be wise to start a new save on FM14 then. Didn't realize the first couple weeks/months were often rough. Thanks for the feedback!

I have found that although there are bugs and what people call game breakers when the game is released if you keep away from reading threads on here regarding problems you won't notice half of them.

For FM13 i was reading everything and could spot a problem a mile off. With FM14 i kept away from reading certain threads and hardly notice much difference in the game from when i got it last October to right now.

I have found that although there are bugs and what people call game breakers when the game is released if you keep away from reading threads on here regarding problems you won't notice half of them.

This.

Personally I like to get the game early, play it with a mediocre team whilst I figure out the new features and once I feel comfortable with it then I'll aim to go into a long term save.

For FM13 i was reading everything and could spot a problem a mile off. With FM14 i kept away from reading certain threads and hardly notice much difference in the game from when i got it last October to right now.

Yes this is exactly right. As good as these forums are for finding out things about FM they can ruin your enjoyment of the game as well due to the knit picking of every single problem with the game (which I have been a part of myself). If you ignore the forums unless you find a problem yourself then the game will be much better from the start for you. But I would avoid playing the Beta. I have played it the last two years and I must say I find I don't really want to be testers for Sigames anymore. I am going to wait till official release day this year.

the sole reason that I dislike the beta is that you can't get too invested into a save with only 4000 players

hate it for LLM, and hate it because I like hoovering up talents from overseas (hidden gems are my forte - De Lanlay, Zambrano, Lindner, Brizuela are all decent [prem-standard] players that I probably wouldn't have even seen if I'd have carried on my beta save)

the sole reason that I dislike the beta is that you can't get too invested into a save with only 4000 players

hate it for LLM, and hate it because I like hoovering up talents from overseas (hidden gems are my forte - De Lanlay, Zambrano, Lindner, Brizuela are all decent [prem-standard] players that I probably wouldn't have even seen if I'd have carried on my beta save)

Isn't the beta the full game? I think you are thinking of the demo, which restricts you to a small database

Archived