How To Be Successful

Right I'm getting really annoyed at this game because I cant seem to do anything right!

I watch youtube videos!

I have been on lots of popular FM websites and follow what they say to do when starting a new game!

I base my tactic around the players already have!

I buy all the right type of players that suit my tactic!

I do all my training in pre season and they eventually they get used to my tactic!

I dominate and win matches against weaker sides in preseason and even draw matches!

I get dominated and lose matches against teams in my league or better preseason and in the season!

I start the season and my team can never retain possession and just get beat!

I really need help!

well based on my team i should use 41221 formation

GK-Defend

LB Wingback Support -- CB Defend -- CB Defennd -- RB Wingback Support

DM Ball Wining Midfielder

Left CM Deep Lying Playmaker Support -- Right CM Advance Playmaker Support

Left Attacking Midfielder Winger Attak -- Right Attacking Midfielder Inside Forward Attack

ST Deep Lying Forward Support

That's after looking at my players and my assistants reports

So what you've done is look at the best roles for each of your players and stick them in a formation?

How do those roles fit together? How will the tactic work?

Also how will you identify that it isn't working and what will you change?

Overall its actually quite a good starting point but thats what it is a starting point, you need to watch the games and try to identify what parts of it are working and what isn't.

Looks to me as if you have too many players on support duties, which could cause problems for you. I use exactly the same formation but with slightly different roles. Note that this is successful for me but it isn't the only way to be successful with such a formation, and that the instructions that you give the team will also have a bearing on results.

Anyway here's my formation with roles and duties. I play a high-pressing attacking game with short-passing, and it's won me a couple of trophies in a few different countries (Portugal, Spain, France and Germany) and I'm currently adapting a PL team to my methods for the first time on FM14. It requires a very fit team, and players who are confident on the ball when under pressure, and sometimes you can just have a bad day and get battered, especially when your team is just getting used to the formation.

Goalkeeper: Don't change

Defenders: This is where I change things a little bit. I have 2 CBs set to defend, but my FB roles differ. My better FB is set to attack while the other is just left as automatic (I have weak FBs and need to buy players in to fill the role).

DM: Half Back (Defend). A BWM in this position will leave a massive hole in your team in front of the back 4 and on FM14 the other team is usually able to exploit that. You could also put an Anchor Man here if your player suits it better.

CMs: Advanced Playmaker (Support) and just a normal CM with an automatic duty. You don't need two midfielders with playmaker roles really.

Wingers: One is set to attack (the one with the FB set to automatic) and the other is set to support.

Striker: Complete Forward (Support) but your role is equally valid.

If I had to pick one thing about your formation that you definitely have to change, it would be the midfield duties -- after that you should hopefully be more secure at the back at least...

Archived