[FM14] My Journey of Somewhere, Nowhere and Everywhere...ish.

kris0710

So here we are, my new number one save.

European Journey Man is the plan.

I have found a club i want to start with who play in the German Third Division so i have that league loaded along with some in England, Spain, Italy and Scotland. I have also loaded the top leagues in Belgium, France, Holland and Portugal.

The manager is as per usual, me, but with Semi Pro history.

My Club - The reasons.

Having spent about four hours yesterday just loading leagues and unable to decide what to do i spotted this club who had a nice little history in Germany before the start of the Bundesliga in 1963. The clincher was the club were formed on October 7th, which happens to be my birth date.

lLvzhP7.png

Holstein Kiel

wgYKIEm.png

Any more Northern and they would be Danish!

A history of the club can be found HERE

Club Background

qHqqtfz.png

Finances

uRCLBWb.png

A solid amount in the bank. I have been given a wage budget of £41,929 with the club currently £600 under it.

General Info and Facilities

Ky5IifO.png

7UyPELY.png

The Stadium

aG9PgcY.png

mFdFRWL.png

The Players

LPKsyPW.png

A long list as i like to put all the squads together and work from there.

Lets get down to business...

Best of luck! I'm already moving on from my Glossop save due to being sacked :(

Cheers mate.

That was quick! Expected you to be in the Champions League within 10 years.

Started playing around with a Diamonds save this morning but couldn't get into it. Not a frequent manager in Germany so I'm going for it. Looks a decent little club, not too big expectations which should give me some time.

Cheers mate.

That was quick! Expected you to be in the Champions League within 10 years.

Started playing around with a Diamonds save this morning but couldn't get into it. Not a frequent manager in Germany so I'm going for it. Looks a decent little club, not too big expectations which should give me some time.

Kiel seems like a good place to start. I'm not sure on what save to start personally :/

Well, you finally managed to stop me from lurking. :D

Been a big fan of your previous career, so following the next career was a must. Even more so as you took over Holstein - I am a season ticket holder and have been to most home games so far this season. Wish us luck for the match against Dortmund II tomorrow, it'll be pretty much about survival... ;)

I'll be following with interest anyways. Nur die KSV!

Well, you finally managed to stop me from lurking. :D

Been a big fan of your previous career, so following the next career was a must. Even more so as you took over Holstein - I am a season ticket holder and have been to most home games so far this season. Wish us luck for the match against Dortmund II tomorrow, it'll be pretty much about survival... ;)

I'll be following with interest anyways. Nur die KSV!

Look at that, your first post. I am honoured.

Now you have added pressure for me to succeed in Germany. I had a good look at how they are doing in RL and they really seem to be a home side. 10 goals and none conceded in the last four since losing to high flying RB Leipzig. Need three more points tomorrow but that final day trip is winnable if SV Darmstadt are unable to overhaul RB Leipzig. Good luck. :thup:

lLvzhP7.png

Holstein Kiel

German Third Division

Pre Season

sLJloBd.png

Pre season friendlies were well under way by the time i arrived and left me with two matches to try and come up with my best XI.

In terms of the squad i am fairly happy with what i have. There are eight players i would like to get rid of and those eight take up 19% on my total wage spend.

On the transfer front no players have come in while one youngster has been sold.

oPAchM9.png

July

t5vAQMc.png

A disappointing start to the season to say the least. Kicked off with a defeat at Rostock that saw a mix up between goalkeeper and centre back leave the home striker with an open goal. More annoying was the lack of creativity that saw us have just three long range efforts. Next up was a thriller of a game at home to Duisburg. After taking the lead in just 22 seconds an own goal from Urban was followed by another away goal in the 19th minute. That sparked a great comeback from us with two more first half goals and then a fourth straight after the break. Step forward Gerrit Wegkamp who struck in the 62nd and 86th minutes to complete his hat trick and earn his side a point.

Record

oWyIE0J.png

August

KqrmMBW.png

Thats much more like it. Our first win came at Halle who had won their opening two fixtures and that was followed by another 2-0 win, at home to Dortmund II. That time it was a quick start with two goals in the opening 15 minutes that set up the win. A red card for centre back Gerbers looked to have turned the game at bottom club Erfurt. We were leading 1-0 before the red card and the home side levelled quickly and dominated the first 15 minutes of the second half. Our second came from an Erfurt corner and we counter attacked brilliantly. A red card in the 79th minute for the home side killed the game for them and we ran riot scoring three more times in the final ten minutes. Harsh on the home side in the end, the game was a lot closer than 5-1. We ended August with a point against RB Leipzig. The game started off great with a goal a piece inside the opening the 13 minutes but thats where the excitement stopped and between us created just three more shots on target.

YzpngsY.png

Not a bad start to life in Germany.

It was a good start...

Promising so far.

Jinxed...

A bit different to Cambridge.

A change is as good as a rest apparently

How about going back to Cambridge if they get promoted this season?

Not a chance! Would be more inclined to if they were to be relegated.

lLvzhP7.png

Holstein Kiel

German Third Division

September

NM2d4Yu.png

Not a good month at all there. Needed a late leveller at Unterhaching to rescue a point before taking the lead over Regensburg but letting them back into it with a second half penalty. Saarbrucken came from 2-0 down to share the points that saw them score the second with just five minutes left and that brought us to Munster struggling in confidence. It showed from the off and we were never in the match.

7V98mR9.png

A tight league but with our current form we are looking down, not up.

Records

SERCjo0.png

The good. :thup:

P8nhafM.png

The bad. :thdn:

I think the main thing to take from the other careers that you have tried is...... you dont travel well.

Put the passport away, have a break then fire up the Cambridge save.

The further you move away from the place the worse you get. Harsh but true.

I think the main thing to take from the other careers that you have tried is...... you dont travel well.

Put the passport away, have a break then fire up the Cambridge save.

The further you move away from the place the worse you get. Harsh but true.

Oh you *****. :herman:

Do you think that kind of talk is going to work?

*loads up Cambridge save*

This is harsh. It's not like you've done any worse than Karsten Neitzel irl, I mean, at least you managed to get Schäffler scoring. :D

Shame it didn't work out, seems like you're destined to go on with Cambridge. :)

This is harsh. It's not like you've done any worse than Karsten Neitzel irl, I mean, at least you managed to get Schäffler scoring. :D

Shame it didn't work out, seems like you're destined to go on with Cambridge. :)

Damn that was an unfortunate start to your career! Are you going to try get a new job? Or restart?
Unlucky mate, harsh sacking there.

Cheers guys.

What now? I really don't know. Want to do a Journey Man save but that three harsh sackings on the trot and been unable to get a job after that. Will probably give it one more try then if not my options will be back to Cambridge or back to Cambridge.

Why don't you start in the Scottish Prem? Go anyone except Celtic and see if you can build a team to challenge them on a tight budget.

Start with a challenge and once you feel you have taken a club as far as you can look to move abroad.

Try Ross County, St. Mirren, Caley Thistle or Partick and see how you go.

Loaded up some leagues, used a random number generator to decide the league and club. First up was Inter Milan, not the best place to start a JM career. The second time round has given me the club i will start at.

Will ditch this thread, start and new and if i am sacked and unable to get a new job it's back to Cambridge.

Maybe you should do what I did, which is find a biggish club in a lower league (like I did with Chornomorets in my current career, followed by Slavia Prague) that's bound to go well (even if it might be a little too easy at first) so you can start low but still make a lot of progression and ensure you don't get stuck with too low a rep to have much chance of another club.

Archived