[FM14] The Life and Career of Some Bloke

gibbo11

I've recently downloaded magicmastermind124's FMUpdates EEE Editor Data, so will be looking to start as low as possible. I'm running a large database with just England down to Regional First Divisions at the current time. Depending on how far I get into it or if I'm looking for a new challenge, I will add/remove leagues later on.

I'm starting unemployed, just continuing through the 13/14 season, looking at getting to around January time and taking over a club who are in danger and go from there..

I'm currently mid-August at time of writing and all jobs have been snapped up so just waiting for the silly season to begin so I can start applying for some jobs!

Don't expect too much in terms of success, I'm not very good! :D

I aim to get a job in the Ryman Isthmian Division 1 South as that's the local to me, but with respect to pezza1, I won't be looking at my local team Sittingbourne as he has got a Career going already!

So, in the first time in recent history, silly season didn't really happen around January time. I was on holiday until then and missed out on the Whitstable and Faversham jobs which came up in October and November respectively.

I have been offered a couple of jobs in the Skrill South but I'd rather start from the bottom.

Nearing Mid-Feb 2014 and I've declared my interest in three jobs, Ramsgate, Folkestone Invicta and Worthing, the latter being in 19th position. I am holding out for the Folkestone job as they are underachieving massively but if a job comes up int he meantime, I will probably take that one.

Haha! I don't mind if you take over Sittingbourne! It may give me some pointers as to where I'm going wrong!!

Haha I can guarantee I'd be doing worse than you!

So I applied for the Worthing job as soon as it became available. I was offered a contract worth 250p/w until the end of the season. I would have liked a longer contract but I was holding out for the Folkestone job. I'll see if the board offer me a contract depending on my performances between now and the end of the season but will review my options as the season nears its end. On the note of performances, the board have said they won't judge the rest of this season, but I feel if I finish around 19th or lower, I won't be offered a new contract.

BADGE_zpsd2b807d0.jpg

Worthing

Worthing Football Club are an English association football club based in Worthing, West Sussex, currently playing in the Isthmian League Division One South. The club plays at Woodside Road.

History

The club was formed as Worthing Association Football Club (a name that lasted until 1899) in February 1886 and played friendlies and Sussex Senior Cup ties for the first few years of their existence.

In 1896 the club became founding members of the West Sussex Football League, joining the Senior Division. During their time in the West Sussex league they were league champions on seven occasions. In May 1900 the club absorbed local rivals Worthing Athletic and a year later moved to its current home, then known as the Sports Ground, now as Woodside Road. In 1905 another rival team, Worthing Rovers, was also absorbed.

The club's intriguing nickname of "The Rebels" dates from when it resigned from the West Sussex League over a rule change, prior to becoming a founder member of the Sussex County League in 1920. Previously Worthing had been known as "The Mackerel Men": a reference to the fish on the club crest.

In 1920 Worthing became founder members of the Sussex County League, where once again they won eight league titles, in fact in the twenty seasons prior to World War II they only finished outside the top four on two occasions.

In 1948–49 Worthing joined the Corinthian League but met with little success. In 1963 the Corinthian League disbanded and most of its clubs joined the newly created Athenian League Division One, where Worthing won promotion at the first attempt, although after three seasons in the Premier Division, two successive relegations saw them drop to Division 2.

After managing a return to the top division, Worthing joined the Isthmian League in 1977, initially in Division Two, but by 1983 they had reached the Premier Division under manager Barry Lloyd and in fact finished as runners-up in 1983–84 and 1984–85. After Lloyd's deparature to Brighton & Hove Albion, however, the club soon slipped back down to Division Two, finishing bottom of Division One in the 1990–91 season with only 10 points and having conceded a huge 157 goals.

Former Northern Ireland international Gerry Armstrong was appointed manager in 1991 and in 1992–93 led the club to promotion back to Division One, which was followed two years later by a return to the Premier Division under John Robson, although Worthing finished bottom in their first season back in the Premier Division and were to remain in Division One until 2004 when the re-organisation of the English football league system saw them moved back to the Premier Division. They were relegated at the end of the 2006–07 season.

The club then reached the play-offs under manager Alan Pook two seasons in a row, losing both matches without scoring a goal. Unknown young manager, Simon Colbran then took the helm and soon became a fans' favourite as the Rebels topped the league for much of Autumn and Winter. Despite several budget cuts, the Rebels finished third and narrowly missed out in the play offs at home to Godalming.

Ground

A sports ground opened on the Woodside Road site as early as 1892 when the site was part of the parish of West Tarring, which at the time was not yet part of the borough of Worthing. Known as the Pavilion Road Sports Ground, it occupied a 13-acre site, with a Queen Anne style pavilion giving its name to Pavilion Road along the south of the site. Worthing FC moved to the ground in 1903. In 1937 the Sports Ground closed and it is the site's northern portion which developed into the existing stadium. The southern portion of the Sports Ground became tennis courts and then in 1948 became home to Worthing Pavilion Bowls Club. Floodlights were installed in 1977. At the end of 1984-85 Woodside Road's main stand burnt down.

The ground has also been home to Horsham (during the 2008–09 season) and Brighton Reserves after the closure of the Goldstone Ground in 1997.

STADIUM_zps0d8c6f02.jpg

Current Season

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewStages_zps17f3ccf1.png

As the table shows, I have taken over with Worthing 19th in the Ryman Isthmian Division One South. They are 7 points clear with 10 games to go so survival should be possible. A couple of wins can see us rise up the table as well.

Worthing_SquadPlayers-2_zps212803b6.png

16 year old Adam Smith has been the main keeper this season but with my second keeper just a year older, I will be looking at a more experienced number one as soon as possible.

Josh Burton and Connor Coady have enjoyed a run at CB together, both with Corey Heath have kept captain Paul Kennett out of the team. Vice-captain Mark Knee has been one of the brighter stars this season.

Lee Carey has been the outstanding performer so far for Worthing, with 6 goals and 7 assists. Will need to get him signed to a new deal as soon as possible. Omar Bugiel, Lloyd Dawes and Will Berry have also enjoyed a run in the side whilst Victor Osubu has been relyed on far too heavily to perform up front with a lack of competition.

I will be asking my assistant to give me a detailed report on the players at the club and won't be deciding on their futures yet.

Worthing_InformationGeneral_zpsd233c91b.png

Now I see why the previous manager was sacked. The media predicted 8th at the start of the season and the team are falling way below that.

Worthing_StaffMembers_zps50d345b8.png

One owner, one chairman and one chairwoman. Unusual set up.

Worthing_InformationFacilities_zpse37f71f4.png

Not great facilities and will have to deal with a terrible pitch. My idea of fast, passing football will have to take a backseat for this season at least.

March

Worthing_FixturesSchedule-2_zps3b4dadd3.png

Well, this is tougher than I thought. A poor month for me though facing three promotion chasing sides probably didn't help. Ramsgate was only 3 days after I got hired so there was not much I could install into the squad. With the club on their worst run of the season, we came up against Whitstable who lie 7th and I felt like we deserved a bit more than what we got. We picked up a good point away from Hythe with new signing Simon Martin on target. Next came the most disappointing result against bottom of the table Redhill. We had slipped to 21st position and a win would have given us a bit of confidence going into the final 6 games. Martin scored his second in two games and I thought we would keep hold of the lead but defensive frailties again let Redhill equalise quite late in the game. Finally, we didn't expect much away at Hastings United and that's what we got.

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile_zps15f6c059.png

5 games to go with only 4 points separating us and Tooting & Mitcham, Peacehaven and Three Bridges, it's going to be a nervy last few matches.

New Signings

Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory_zps0121e096.png

Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-2_zps07b771af.png Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-3_zps3c69965b.png Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-4_zpsa5f29e45.png

I picked up three signings before the deadline with former St.Albans striker Simon Martin the experienced head to lead the line. Winger Karl Flitton signs for us as his first ever club to fill the void on the right wing and 17 year old Jon Parkin comes in at right back, much better than anyone that can play at right back at the club.. I hope!

Youth Candidates

WorthingYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpse6b34b94.png

I have had a look at a few candidates and I think one or two can challenge the first team.

Next Month

The remaining Ryman Isthmian Division One South games come in the month of April. So too does the clubs Sussex Senior Challenge Cup Semi Final against Skrill South's Whitehawk.

April

Worthing_FixturesSchedule_zps2d11f2da.png

As predicted, Whitehawk ran away as winners in the semi final of the Sussex Senior Challenge Cup. I was pleased with an improvement in desire and I just urged the players to play a bit more like it in the league.

I picked up my first win against 20th position Tooting & Mitcham United, with Lee Carey showing composure to put away the penalty and Simon Martin smashing in his 3rd goal for the club. Beating one of our relegation rivals ensured we were in the driving seat to survive. Next up was Guernsey, who were at the right end of the table. An first half goal from Simon Martin gave us hope of a second straight win but we went off the boil in the second half and succumbed to a 2-1 defeat leaving three games to secure survival.

We picked up a decent draw against Walton & Hersham with a goal once again from Martin but the teams around us were picking up points. With two games left, there were 2 points separating 4 teams. We came up against Eastbourne Town, who weren't playing for anything in their final two games. We had to wait until the second half before we broke the deadlock with Corey Heath's close range effort. Unfortunately, Eastbourne struck twice in quick succession and by the 60th minute, we found ourselves 2-1 down. Changes were made and we put up a fight with the changes almost making an immediate effect as Lee Carey struck the post. Finally, in the 88th minute, 16 year old left back Ryan Pallen struck the equaliser from 25 yards. And things got better. Young right winger Karl Flitton pounced on a rebound to get the winner a minute into injury time. With Corinthian Casuals losing, it was enough for us to survive with a game to go. The final game was a bore draw against Leatherhead but I found some positives in the final few games at least.

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile-3_zps6dc89e0b.png

Burgess Hill edged out Horsham to take the Ryman Isthmian Division One South title, with Hythe beating them 5-2 in the playoff final to take the second promotion spot. Down the bottom, Three Bridges pulled off a remarkable escape with 23 points out of 30 in their final 10 games. This saw Redhill, Peacehaven and Corinthian Casuals all relegated from the division.

Squad

The summer shake up was in progress straight away. I had earmarked a few players who I wanted to sign and a few players who I'd be happy to let go. I had offer a few new contracts including Carey, Osobu, Peake and Dawes.

Backroom Staff

I parted terms with Mick Fogden and hired former Peterborough trainee James Campbell as my new Assistant.

Contract

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-2_zps0bbe9a4e.png

I wasn't going to ask for one and would only have let them offer me one. A job which did interest me was the Dulwich Hamlet job in the Ryman Isthmian Premier Division, but I wanted to take on this division first. A £25p/w raise which always helps.

Finances

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-4_zps461ca78a.png

Exactly what I was expecting.

Season Honours

Premier League : Champions: Arsenal Champions League: Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham Relegated: Cardiff, Sunderland and Crystal Palace

Championship: Champions: Wigan Promoted: Leicester and Huddersfield Relegated: Barnsley, Blackpool and Charlton

League One: Champions: Wolves Promoted: Peterborough and Preston Relegated: Swindon, Oldham, Gillingham and Colchester

League Two: Champions: Burton Promoted: Fleetwood, Plymouth and Portsmouth Relegated: Torquay and Bristol Rovers

Skrill Premier: Champions: Grimsby Promoted: Barnet Relegated: Dartford, Woking, Hyde and Southport

Skrill North: Champions: Altrincham Promoted: Stockport Relegated: Stalybridge, Brackley, Leamington

Skrill South: Champions: Ebbsfleet Promoted: Boreham Wood Relegated: Havant & W, Chelmsford and Hendon

Evo-Stik Northern Premier: Champions: Whitby Promoted: Rushall Relegated: Trafford, Stocksbridge, Ashton Utd and Stamford

Ryman Isthmian Premier: Champions: Margate Promoted: Wealdstone Relegated: Grays, Thamesmead, Enfield Town and Leiston

Calor Southern Premier: Champions: Truro Promoted: Corby Relegated: Banbury, Poole Town, Biggleswade, Totton

Evo-Stik Northern First Division North: Champions: Northwich Promoted: Radcliffe Boro Relegated: Ossett Town and Darlington

Evo-Stik Northern First Division South: Champions: Halesowen Promoted: Mickleover Relegated: Sutton Coldfield and Newcastle Town

Ryman Isthmian Division One North: Champions: Needham Market Promoted: Harlow Relegated: Barkingside, Waltham Abbey and Erith & Belvedere

Ryman Isthmian Division One South: Champions: Burgess Hill Promoted: Hythe Relegated: Corinthian-Casuals, Peacehaven and Redhill

Calor Division One Central: Champions: Kettering Promoted: Royston Relegated: North Greenford and Egham

Calor Division One South/West: Champions: Merthyr Town Promoted: Bishop's Cleeve Relegated: Shortwood, Didcot

FA Cup: Winners: Southampton Runners Up: Chelsea

League Cup: Winners: Nottingham Forest Runners Up: Chelsea

Community Shield: Winners: Man Utd Runners Up: Wigan

JPT: Winners: Wolves Runners Up: Crawley

FA Trophy: Winners: Barnet Runners Up: Braintree

Champions League: Winners: Man Utd Runners Up: Barcelona

Euro Cup: Winners: Celtic Runners Up: Tottenham

Super Cup: Winners: Bayern Runners Up: Chelsea

Well, Nottingham Forest, my favourite club, won the League Cup against Chelsea and will feature in Europe next season. That's one way around the disappointment of a mediocre season in the Championship. They never win anything on my games!! Their star signing was Jimmy Abdou from Millwall!

World Cup 2014

An Olivier Giroud 4th minute penalty secured France the 2014 World Cup against Argentina. France managed just 4 shots compared to Argentina's 17 but substitute Lionel Messi couldn't help his country to victory.

Portugal beat Switzerland 1-0 in the Third Place Playoff and it was disappointment in the Quarter Finals for England as they lost to Portugal 1-0.

Luis Suarez of Uruguay took the Golden Boot with 7 goals.

Good to see another Ryman One South career on here, I'm getting ready to start my Burgess Hill save, hopefully I can win the league like in your game!

Didn't get the chance to play Burgess Hill myself though the draws have just been made for the FA Trophy.. Looks like I'm going to get my chance!

Season 14/15

Worthing

Ryman Isthmian Division One South

BADGE_zpsd2b807d0.jpg

Expectations

I am aiming for mid-table in the league although the board have stated they want a top half finish. I think this is slightly unrealistic as the squad I inherited wasn't blessed with talent and the signings I have made will need to gel. I'm aiming for the Quarter-Final of the Sussex County Senior Cup and want to reach at least the Third Round of the Robert Dyas Isthmian League Cup. I would like to reach the 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and the same with the FA Trophy.

FA Trophy Preliminary/1st Qualifying Round Draw

The Preliminary round draw for the FA Trophy sees me drawn away to Ryman Isthmian Division One South winners Burgess Hill. The winners of the tie will have a home game against Ryman Isthmian Premier side Lewes.

Transfers

Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-5_zpsc32b8992.png

Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-6_zps48baec3f.png Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-7_zps3c9ac36b.png

Two signings also improve the backroom staff I have at Worthing. I have player/scout Marc Richards, who most recently played centre-back for Evesham. Secondly is 42 year old Nicky Southall, once of Gillingham and Nottingham Forest. Most recently left his role as player/manager at Whitstable so I snapped him up as a player/coach. Will give young Karl Flitton some guidance.

Game comes in as a defensive midfielder to replace the departing Will Berry, who moves to last years playoff winners Hythe. Also coming into midfield was the leagues most creative player last season Scott Kirkwood. He left champions Burgess Hill on a free and snapped at the chance to re-join Worthing for a third time, having previously left The Rebels before last season started.

I have made some additions in defence with Nick Bussey adding some experience in goal and Dean Pooley joining on a free after his release from Skrill South side Bromley. We also have 16 year old Adam Raynor joining us to continue his development.

Finally, up front, I have added Jordan Ivey-Ward who started his career at MK Dons and Ola Giwa who was released by Ebbsfleet.

Leaving us are a few players who saw some action in the first team before I came along. Connor Coady, Charlie Cooke and Kieran Pamment all didn't show signs of being worthy of a place in this year's team.

Two big surprises are the two fan favourites, Mark Knee and Paul Kennett, both leaving us for pastures new. Mark Knee unfortunately had a poor run of form towards the end of last season and with the signing of Christopher Parr on loan from Millwall and the emergence of youth player Ryan Pallen, meant we cut our losses and he can still get some playing time at the age of 36. Paul Kennett leaves after 136 appearances for the club. An injury and loss of form meant last season's captain was unable to regain a place in my side and both felt it was time to move on.

Matches

Worthing_FixturesSchedule-3_zps709905f6.png

Wasn't the greatest of pre-seasons. Side are still trying to get used to the new tactics and also new players. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and install some confidence into the side.

News

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-3_zps59d7d05a.png

SteveGibson_NewsInbox_zps200ed88b.png

The most important news of recent weeks is that midfield Lee Carey celebrated the above news with a new one year contract. I'm still to get the best out of him as his exploits happened before I got the job.

Robert Dyas Ryman Isthmian League Cup draw

We received a bye into the second round where we will play Bognor Regis. The winners of that tie will play the winners of Tooting & Mitcham United v Walton & Hersham.

News

New signing Dean Pooley gets injured and is out for 6 to 7 weeks. We have moved quickly to sign Crawley defender Edward Jackson on loan for the season.

Worthing_TransfersTransferHistory-8_zpsfd10b3d9.png

And finally...

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-7_zps23d6056b.png

I want to know who that 1 person is...

Season 14/15

Worthing

BADGE_zpsd2b807d0.jpg

August

FA Cup Preliminary Round

We were drawn against lower league opposition at home to Whitechurch United.

Worthing_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsc9539821.png

We got off to a decent start with a win against Herne Bay. Simon Martin got his season off to a good start with an early goal and we hung on to take three points. Next came Folkestone away. Unfortunately We found ourselves 2-0 down early on and it was a struggle to get back into the game. Jordan Ivey-Ward got his first goal for the club late in the game but Folkestone got their third in the last minute. We come up against Guildford, who were placed in our league this year. Ivey-Ward struck his 2nd in two games but we were unable to keep our lead as they scored in injury time to snatch a point. Thurrock, who finished 7th in last years Ryman Isthmian Division One North was up next and our disappointment of conceding late in the last game was channeled into a brilliant performance. A brilliant 4-1 win with Kirkwood getting his first goal for the club along with 16 year old left midfielder Jordan Rogers. In the league, Three Bridges were up next, performing brilliantly following their great end to the season last year. We defended brilliantly and we were disappointed not to come away with more than one point. We then faced Guernsey who were off to a good start. Twice we took the lead and twice we conceded within 5 minutes of scoring. We also then conceded a third and were unable to fight for an equaliser. We weren't playing great but there have been some positives for sure.

FA Cup Preliminary Round

To say I was disappointed isn't the word. I have no idea how we lost this and once again, another late goal left us with no time to do anything about it. At least we can focus on our other competitions. Whitechurch were dominant and my side didn't show any real character to come away with the win.

Table

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile-2_zpseb76f301.png

Next Month

We have the FA Trophy Preliminary Round against Burgess Hill who are doing well in the Ryman Isthmian Premier Division and we also face Hastings United who are doing reasonably ok so far this season.

I had a indifferent start but as soon as the teams clicks and gets used to the tactics it'll be fine. The league is actually quite tough with everyone beating everyone.
That's been my problem. I try to work out what the game will be like but you can't predict anything. Find myself playing badly against lower opposition and better against higher opposition. But then I try predict it that way and get it wrong so I can't win :D

Newcastle Town go down. :(

Hopefully they will bounce back up but I'll let you know!

Got a few updates to do, being back to work doesn't help! All I can say is things can be going a lot better.

Well done on staying up!! Solid start to the new season so far!

Thanks mate, was touch and go for a moment but luckily Corinthian-Casuals were on such a bad run that anything I could do, they could do worse!

This season is going ok, but not great. Will do a few updates later on

Looks like season 2 is shaping up better so far than your previous year. Looks like your owners expectations might be doable.

I've got a couple of updates to do, laptop has had a bit of a 'mare so been doing some clean up jobs on it. Things got off to a good start but it hasn't been a good couple of months.

Will try and get the updates on tonight.

Season 14/15

Worthing

BADGE_zpsd2b807d0.jpg

September

Worthing_FixturesSchedule-5_zps240f3bc4.png

Up first came Horsham and we performed disappointingly. I started with Ivey-Ward and Giwa which was possibly the wrong choice as they both offered nothing up front against a strong Horsham defence. I brought on the reliable Simon Martin and he repaid my faith with an equaliser in the 89th minute. We then faced Bootle who were struggling near the bottom of the table. We got off to a great start with goals from Ivey-Ward and young Jordan Rogers put us 2-0 at half time. Bootle got a goal back but we hit back almost instantly with an own goal. We then struggled to keep the ball and found ourselves conceding with 5 minutes left on the clock. I hoped we could hold on but the home side got the equaliser in the last minute. Two games, two last minute goals, both giving different emotions. We then came up against Hastings United at home. We offered little and got our just rewards when they went in front late in the first half. We were unable to create anything significant in front of goal and lost with a whimper.

FA Trophy Preliminary Round

Our league form was poor so going into the match against Ryman Isthmian Premier League side Burgess Hill didn't fill me with much hope. Last year's Division One South Champions had strengthened and were lying 2nd in their division. And for 30 minutes it seemed like it was going to be a walkover, with Burgess Hill taking the lead in the 24th minute. The team found a new-found resilience and hit back just before half time with Martin getting yet another goal. Young Jordan Rogers notched his 3rd of the season to make it 2-1. Substitute Ola Giwa got our third and we managed to hold on to get the win. A surprising but fantastic win which saw us face local rivals Lewes in the FA Trophy 1st Qualifying Round.

The home tie gave us some hope to go into this match full of confidence and take on the higher opposition. We managed to stay strong, despite making a few changes and earned a great draw to take it to a replay, giving us another chance to progress.

Table

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile-4_zps549c7eaa.png

Next Month

We have a tough run of games with Lewes and Bognor Regis in the cups, top of the table Mertsham and high flying Sittingbourne to mention a few. We do have to do it without striker Simon Martin and midfielder Scott Kirkwood who both were injured in the Hastings United game.

Season 14/15

Worthing

BADGE_zpsd2b807d0.jpg

October

Worthing_FixturesSchedule-6_zps82a69ff5.png

FA Trophy Preliminary Round

We played extremely well against higher league opposition and looked a different team compared to what we have been playing like in the league. We managed a late equaliser to take the game to extra time but we were unable to cling on to take it to penalties when in the 113th minute, Lewes struck to win the game. I couldn't fault the players but it gave me hope we can turn our league form around.

Robert Dyas League Cup 2nd Round

We played Bognor Regis who were going well in the Ryman Isthmian Premier Division and just like in the FA Trophy, we performed brilliantly. Striker Ola Giwa, who has come into the side with Martin injured, netted an equaliser in the 62nd minute. The big target man kept his cool when one on one and gave us a lift to push on for a winner. We couldn't get it in normal time and the game went to penalties. We stayed calm and slotted home all of our penalties, taking us through to the 3rd round.

Robert Dyas League Cup 3rd Round Draw

We will face Walton & Hersham away at the end of November.

By the time we returned to the league we were on a 5 match winless run, with our league performances not looking great. We needed to put on a good show against Mertsham, even if we weren't expected to get anything from it. Unfortunately, despite Lloyd Dawes second half strike, we didn't put in a performance worthy of getting a point. Unfortunately, this continued into the next game where Faversham came out 1-0 winners. It was clear we were missing Kirkwood and Martin but then came this...

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-11_zpsd785a102.png

Worthing_BoardroomBoardMeeting_zps815fe618.png

I can't say I wasn't expecting it but we've had a tough run of games and it has taken it's toll on our players. 9 points from 5 games should be doable but judging our current form, it could be curtains for me come mid-November.

The first of those 5 games came against my home town club Sittingbourne, going well in the playoff places in the league. The match wasn't much to write home about but we picked up a very good point, one I didn't think we would get from the 5 games. Up next came Walton Casuals who I needed to beat to give me more confidence of picking up the required points total. It looked good going in at half time as Lee Carey finally stepped up to the mark to notch two goals. However we fell apart in the second half and Walton Casuals got the two goals they needed to level the tie. The players looked distraught and beaten so it will be a task to get their morale back up for the next match in which we needed a win.

Table

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile-5_zps9de4b3a3.png

Sussex Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Round Draw

We have been drawn against Bognor Regis (again) so we will know what to expect.

Next Month

My 3 crucial games are against Chipstead, Ramsgate and Eastbourne, so tough fixtures to pick 7 points up from. I'm hoping 8 in total will give me a few more games but knowing this board, I'll be out of a job if I don't get 9.

Good luck with those 3 vital games. Talk about pressure!

Thanks mate.

Definitely feeling it but if I play like I did in my previous 2 games I should have a chance.

Thing that has killed me is late goals, dropped a few points with last minute goals. I have resorted to putting more defenders than attackers on the bench just so I can freshen them defensively to hold on late in games.

Season 14/15

Worthing

BADGE_zpsd2b807d0.jpg

November

Worthing_FixturesSchedule-7_zpscdff7427.png

So the start of the touch and go period of my Worthing career. I had picked up 2 points so far, so needed 7 from the next 3 games. We came up against Chipstead at home. We needed a good start and boy did we get it. Young Jordan Rogers smashed the ball in from 20 yards to put us in front. It wasn't long before Victor Osobu, who hasn't had much game time this season, doubled our lead. Chipstead did pull one back early in the second half but Osobu notched another and we won 3-1. We then came up against Ramsgate. Even though we were away, the instructions were the same, get at them early and get an early goal. Task completed, Rogers once again getting the goal. But from there we capitulated. 3 quick fire goals put Ramsgate 3-1 up and we fell to a defeat. I was hoping I could get another game and possibly put on a performance to prove I deserve the job but then I got the dreaded call...

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-10_zpsd57af57c.png

It's disappointing but I just hadn't got the players to perform at the level which I was hoping. The quality is there to challenge in mid table but I wasn't able to show the necessary ability. I left Worthing as they fell into the relegation zone..

Table

RymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile-6_zps456deb11.png

What Now?

I don't wish to spend too long out the game and I hope to get a job as soon as possible. However it is a struggle to see who would take me on after this failure.

On The Job Hunt

A few managers had seen their time come to an end around the leagues of England but few wanted to give me an interview, Guernsey being the first of a few clubs laughing off my interest. Then I received the following..

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-12_zpsd19404ad.png

Same league, also doing as badly as Worthing, but were the team to put me out of a job. I thought the interview went ok however..

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-13_zps74e896b6.png

This was going to be as tough as I expected. Leaving Worthing in the relegation places in the lowest available league wasn't exactly giving me much pros when it came to hiring me. I was then offered an interview at Chatham Town, 23rd in the Ryman Isthmian Division One North, rivals of Sittingbourne. They came back to me with this offer..

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-16_zps0e942374.png

Mid-table, despite them saying they weren't expecting much in the interview, a measly £550p/w for wages, 23rd in the league with 17 players and no staff whatsoever. As much as the challenge was inviting, I just could see it ending in disaster so I rejected the chance.

I was then, out of the blue, offered an interview at Dulwich Hamlet, in the Ryman Isthmian Premier, who I used to go watch when I was a kid living in London.

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-17_zps1ed51de9.png

I didn't wait to hear back from this interview however as I accepted another offer from elsewhere.. I wasn't all that fussed about staying local so.......

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-19_zps2d5d8425.png

JIPPO_zps53e6bbf8.png

JIPPO Joensuu

JIPPO is a Finnish football club, based in Joensuu. It plays in the Ykkönen, the second highest level of Finnish football. Jippo plays its home matches at Joensuun keskuskenttä.

JIPPO was formed in 2001 after the merger of JiiPee and Ratanat - both playing in the Kakkonen (third level), the division JIPPO played its first four seasons from 2002 to 2005. The team was promoted to Ykkönen for the season 2006 after winning the eastern group of Kakkonen and beating Klubi-04 2-1 on aggregate in the promotion playoff.

Ground

kouvola_keskusur_zps16bae02a.jpg

Upcoming Season

FinnishFirstDivision_OverviewStages_zpsc8ebca61.png

As the prediction table shows, I have taken over with JIPPO, predicted to come 7th in the Ykkönen, the Finnish First Division.

JIPPOJoensuu_SquadPlayers_zpsbc355c50.png

I have a few talented players which I will need to keep hold of, though it takes no expert to see where we need to strengthen. We need two goalkeepers, two left backs, some wingers, another centre midfielder and another right back. Rönkkö will no doubt be looked at by teams in the Premier Division in Finland and my two centre backs Sormunen and Mononen will hopefully forge an unstoppable partnership. Thankfully the injuries aren't too bad and we still have a couple of months til the start of the season.

JIPPO_StaffMembers-2_zps8605159b.png

Not many names here so will need to build a backroom team to assist me.

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-20_zpsae3b14b9.png

Oooh interesting twist, best of luck in Finland!

Thanks mate!

Always had an interest in Finnish football since the CM01/02 days where I signed a striker called Juho Makela and despite not being blessed with too much talent I got him to be worth a lot of money, the first name in the Finland team-sheet and seemed to be one of those players I'd sign every year when a new game came out. In real life he went to Hearts (who happen to be my favourite Scottish team). Sadly however, I've searched for him on my save and he doesn't appear to be on there, probably due to the fact I hadn't loaded all Finnish players. Will have to find a new Makela!

Bad luck in the sacking. I think those 5 game ultimatums are always a little bit harsh. Good luck in Finland. Perhaps you can make a name for yourself in Scandanavia!

To be fair, of those 5 games, only Sittingbourne were the team I would have expected to lose against. The draw against Walton Casuals pretty much ended it for me, put too much pressure on the final 3 games.

Another update to come soon. You know when you just think a save is destined to fail, my first friendly as JIPPO manager definitely gave me some thinking to do on whether to stick at it. Starting to come together now though..

Unlucky there with Worthing! Still a decent start managing to avoid relegation in their first season. :)

Wish you all the luck in Finland - I'm sure you'll be back to storm the English leagues one day!

One other thing- Braintree made the Champions League final?! :lol:

Interesting move. Bit colder than the Sussex coast I think :D

The missus weren't best pleased :D

My reputation has gone from local to national due to this move so it may be easier to get a job back in England when the time comes. I do hope to one day return to Worthing just to try and make amends for the poor 9 months I had in charge.

Unlucky there with Worthing! Still a decent start managing to avoid relegation in their first season. :)

Wish you all the luck in Finland - I'm sure you'll be back to storm the English leagues one day!

One other thing- Braintree made the Champions League final?! :lol:

Ha didn't even notice that, it was definitely Barcelona.. similar to Braintree aren't they?!

Best of luck in that well known footballing country of Finland. I bet not many have made the move from Worthing to Finland.

A quick Google search suggests no-one has ever documented a move from Worthing to Finland before, so I'm creating history in a sense :D

A quick Google search suggests no-one has ever documented a move from Worthing to Finland before, so I'm creating history in a sense :D

Cannot ask for more than that. Surely thats all you want from a career.

Season 2015

JIPPO Joensuu

Ykkönen, Finnish First Division

JIPPO_zps53e6bbf8.png

February/March

JIPPOJoensuu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsa4fb7625.png

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, my first friendly as JIPPO manager went really well....... A heavy 7-0 defeat at the hands of Danish Superliga side FC Kobenhavn. I genuinely thought whether this save was going to be one of those saves where nothing would go right and I'd lose interest quite quickly. However I stuck at it and despite conceding a lot of goals throughout February and March, the performances improved as time went on. We were unlucky against HJK, but they had a 15 year old winger who I would have liked to have a drugs test after the game. He scored 4 and assisted the 5th. I made a cheeky bid but without the money or the reputation, it was always going to fail.

Transfers

JIPPO_TransfersTransferHistory_zps7037f08a.png

We couldn't afford to let anyone go, not until I've had a good look at the team. We signed 13 players which obviously isn't the greatest tactic to gel the team but we needed players to fill the gaps in the squad. Ikonen will came in to fill AMC and Kokkinen will provide some width on the left.

Staff

JIPPO_StaffMembers_zpsb82824f4.png

I managed to find some good coaching staff to assist the players on a day to day basis but I also managed to find two scouts with great knowledge and ability.

Finnish Cup

JIPPOJoensuu_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsdea4bcd3.png

If the friendlies were a bit up and down, the performances in the games that really mattered gave me full confidence that the team can battle relegation and move up the table this upcoming season. It was good to see goals coming from defence and midfield as they will be key to assisting Ronkko in the goalscoring charts as Iwill aiming to employ a 4-2-3-1 formation.

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-21_zpsfdb94e91.png

We will play lower league opposition in the 6th Round of the cup, giving us a good opportunity to advance into the 7th Round.

Next Month

We have two more friendlies to play, as well as the 6th Round of the Finnish Cup, and 7th, if we get there. At the end of the month, we will see the start of the Finnish First Division season.

Season 2015

JIPPO Joensuu

JIPPO_zps53e6bbf8.png

April

Friendlies

JIPPOJoensuu_FixturesSchedule_zps2d72e255.png

We went 5-0 down in our first friendly so I made some changes and we pulled two goals back. Going into the next friendly I kept those changes, little necessary tweaks, to ensure we stopped looking so frail in defence. We built up a 2-0 lead at half time, where I made 11 changes to keep my first team fresh for the upcoming cup game. New signing Ikonen set Ronkko up twice in this game. A start of a good partnership I hope.

Season 2015

JIPPO Joensuu

JIPPO_zps53e6bbf8.png

April/May

Finnish Cup

JIPPOJoensuu_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsc182503f.png

We just managed to squeeze through the 6th Round with a hat-trick from Ronkko. We got the easy tie in the 7th Round, with the majority of teams left from the Premier League, and after going 1-0 up we should have secured victory, however two late goals sealed our fate and there won't be any success in the cup this year.

First Division

JIPPOJoensuu_FixturesSchedule-5_zpsd713c6cd.png

We've made an impressive start to the season, even after losing our main threat Ronkko for 6 weeks to a thigh injury in the first match. We picked up vital wins against AC Kajaani, KuPS and OPS, whilst battled hard to collect a point in both the PK-35 game and against FC YPA. In between those was a disappointing loss to Viikingit, who defeated in the cup. We faced JJK and as you can see, went into half time 6-0 up. I've never seen a team be so dominant in a game before and we were unlucky to concede the goal. Full of confidence, going into the game against runaway leaders FC Haka, boosted by the return of Ronkko, we hoped for a better outing than what we gave. Still struggling to find the correct tactic when playing against much better opposition. Still, the table looked good 8 games in.

FinnishFirstDivision_OverviewProfile_zps0794c0f9.png

For the month of April, new signing Joona Ikonen picked up the Player of the Month..

SteveGibson_NewsInbox-23_zpsfc1c9070.png

Next Month

We have 5 games coming up in the league and I am hoping for at least 9 points, going on how the past two months have gone. In the next update we will find out how your local teams have performed in the 14/15 Season in England and the European Cup competitions.

Season 2014/2015

End of Season Review

Ryman Isthmian Premier

RymanIsthmianPremier_OverviewProfile_zpsf9b54839.png

Ryman Isthmian Division One North/ Ryman Isthmian Division One South

RymanIsthmianDivision1North_OverviewProfile_zpsa14f0acf.pngRymanIsthmianDivision1South_OverviewProfile-7_zpsf51b0d69.png

Calor Southern Premier

CalorSouthernPremier_OverviewProfile_zpsa1aa0585.png

Calor Southern Division One Central/Calor Southern Division One South-West

CalorSouthernDivision1Central_OverviewProfile_zps6593fb04.png CalorSouthernDivision1South_West_OverviewProfile_zps539620ba.png

Evo-Stik Northern Premier

Evo-StikNorthernPremier_OverviewProfile_zps563e4c5c.png

Evo-Stik Northern Premier North/Evo-Stik Northern Premier South

Evo-StikNorthernFirstDivisionNorth_OverviewProfile_zps5f47fc01.png Evo-StikNorthernFirstDivisionSouth_OverviewProfile_zps866d54b6.png

Archived