Over 10 million people illegally downloaded FM13

With all respect, but I think the steep price is also one of the reasons of the big amount of piracy.

Without sales, or really going out and searching for good price, the game is €50 on steam.

Really expensive for a yearly game. That's my opinion.

If you can't afford it, don't play it.

And snowhite shouldn't eat apples.

Fairytales are nice, reality is different.

My statement wasn't about people having the money to buy it or not though. It questions if the game is worth €50 or not.

For me it isn't, way too steep for a yearly game. (as with others too).

Luckely after searching a while I bought it for less than half that amount. (makes me question why it's so expensive on steam and other websites whilst others can sell it at half that price).

With all respect, but I think the steep price is also one of the reasons of the big amount of piracy.

Without sales, or really going out and searching for good price, the game is €50 on steam.

It's only in recent years that FM has started to cost that much though.

I seem to remember it being quite cheap (compared to other games) a few years ago.

I can understand where you're coming from, but it works the other way as well - if less people pirated it and actually paid for it, maybe they would be able to lower the price. Also, let's be honest, it takes very little effort to find somewhere selling the game legitimately for less, Steam is always the place you'll pay the most (sales aside). I don't remember the last time I paid more than about £25 for the game.

I'm paying pretty much the same price now for games as I did back in the early 90's, add inflation & even if you pay the usual RRP of £34.99 for a PC game it's a damn good deal.

There is absolutely excuse for using an illegally obtained copy, any attempt to claim otherwise is fanciful self-justification.

Agreed that seems a bit much for a game that gets upgraded every year.

But at the same time, how many games do people own that they get this many hours out of? On average I think it is £30 in England, I average around 1000 hours over the course of the year... Works out at 3p per hour played. Bit of a bargain really.

The attitude in this post frankly makes me want to pirate it. Luckily, I already paid.

This attitude makes me want to ban you from here.

This is a luxury item, a game.

Closing this thread until it gets the go ahead from someone higher up as I can see where it'll go.

Archived