Acing the Tetradecagon - The Master Achievement Hunter

ProddingAHoneyBadger

800px-World_Map_FIFA2.svg.png

(Apologies for lots of words, this will be the only post which is word heavy, everything can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364100-FM14-The-Tetradecagon-Challenge)

Most of you will have seen forameuss' career of the Tetradecagon and this year he's made loads of extra challenges which has intrigued me enough to try to complete the challenge, along with most or all of the optional challenges, and for those who don't know here's what is necessary to complete the Tetradecagon:

Europe

UEFA European Championships - UEFA Champions League

Asia

AFC Nations Cup - Asian Champions League - 2021

South America

COMNEBOL Copa America - Copa Libertadores

North America

CONCACAF Gold Cup - North American Champions League

Africa

CAF Cup of Nations - African Champions League - 2016

Oceania

OFC Nations Cup

World

FIFA World Cup - FIFA Confederations Cup - FIFA World Club Championships - 2016

I'll be starting off in Africa before working my way to Asia, North America, South America and finally Europe, I'll hopefully complete the Oceania part whilst managing in Australia, that seems the most logical thing to do anyway. Now onto the optional achievements I'll be trying for, I'll cross them out one by one as I complete them:

Europe

Metropolitan Man - 100 pts - Win the ECL with a side based in one of the cities in the Metropolitan man challenge

The Village - 500 pts - Win the ECL with a side based somewhere with a population of less then 10,000

Known in all the Boroughs - 300 pts - Win the ECL with a side based somewhere with a population of less then 100,000

Where did that come from? - 250 pts - Win the ECL with a side that has never previously qualified

Best Newcomer - 350 pts - Win the ECL at the first time of asking

Braveheart - 300 pts - Win the ECL with a Scottish side

Africa

Remember the Titans - 250 pts - Win the African Nations Cup with a nation outwith the big names

Africa Calling - 300 pts - Win the African Champions League with a team born on the continent

Asia

Waltzing Matilda - 100 pts - Win the ACL with an Australian Team

Struth Sheila! - 500 pts - Win the ACL with an all Australian team

Ooh! Ah! Korea! - 200 pts - Win the ACL with an all South Korean team

Keeping it In-House - 150 pts - Win the ACL with only players who are Asian Nationals

Party Poopers - 400 pts - Win the Asian Nations Cup with Australia

Middle Eastern Promise - 300 pts - Win the Asian Nations Cup with any qualifying team from the Middle East

Oceania

Spirit of 2012 - 500 pts - Win the OFC Nations Cup with anyone other than New Zealand

Lucky there's no Australia - 100 pts - Win the OFC Nations Cup with New Zealand

South America

They Won't be Back - 400 pts - Win the Copa America as one of the invited guest sides

Maiden Copa - 300 pts - Win the Libertadores with a side who never has before

The Real America - 300 pts - Win the Libertadores with an exclusively South American team

Messi and Neymar? Who? - 250 pts - Win the Copa America with a side that isn't Brazil or Argentina

North America

Home of the Brave - 200 pts - Win the NACL with an American MLS side

Team America - 400 pts - Win the NACL with an American side and the Gold Cup with USA

Oh Canada - 250 pts - Win the NACL with a Canadian MLS side

**** hockey, guy - 600 pts - Win the NACL with a Canadian side and the Gold Cup with Canada

Land of Opportunity - 500 pts - Win the NACL with an all-American side with no foreigners

Cana-dare you - 1000 pts - Win the NACL with a Canadian-only side with no foreigners

Sombreros at Dawn - 100 pts - Win the NACL with a Mexican side

Easy Way Out - 150 pts - Win the NACL with a Mexican side and the Gold Cup with Mexico

World

Kurt Russel's Miracle - 1500 pts - Hold the four International Tournaments USA are eligible for at the same time (World Cup, Confed. Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America)

European Flair - 750 pts - Hold the three International Tournaments any European team are eligible for at the same time (World Cup, Confed. Cup, Euro Championships)

Doctor Who? - 500 pts - Win the World Cup with the original Champions Uruguay

National Hero - 500 pts - Win the World Cup with your home country

National Treasure - 600 pts - Win a continental and world double with your home country

Continental Legend - 500 pts - Hold both the national and continental championships at the same time

World Legend - 750 pts - Hold the world, national and continental championships at the same time

Assorted

Kilimanjaro - 1500 pts - Take a side from the bottom playable division in any African league to continental glory

Everest - 1500 pts - Take a side from the bottom playable division in any Asian league to continental glory

Elbrus - 1500 pts - Take a side from the bottom playable division in any European league to continental glory

McKinley - 1500 pts - Take a side from the bottom of the MLS to continental glory

Anconcagua - 1500 pts - Take a side from the bottom playable division in any South American league to continental glory

The Population Argument - 1500 pts - Win an international competition with a country with a population of below 5 million

Army Games - 1000 pts - Win an international competition with one or both of the World's most populated countries - China and/or India

A Wanted Man - 500 pts - Complete the challenge having never been sacked from any job

Clubs are too Easy - 1500 pts - Win the FIFA World Club Championship once on each continent

International Playboy - 2500 pts - Win all 7 international competitions by 2026

A Long Retirement - 2500 pts - Win all 13 competitions by 2030

Xenophobia - 5000 pts - Win all 6 club competitions without having ever signed a foreign player

The last 3 challenges will be the hardest as I personally don't want to win it all by 2030 as I'll get too annoyed about not winning, which is not something I want to stress on, that's it for the opening post so the next post will be the leagues I have loaded and why I've loaded them.

Hopefully you'll like what you see and will follow me as I embark on the most epic of adventures that a Football Management Sim has to offer!

Current Points Total - 3350

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8jj2rH1.png?1

I've just loaded the league I want for Africa & Asia + Israel, but I'll get round to that.

I have a large database which should be enough for me to get a good core of players loaded, now for why I chose these nations.

South Africa - Sort of impossible to do the challenge without it so was a no-brainer.

Australia - Required for the achievements 'Waltzing Matilda' & 'Struth Sheila!' also my one opening for an Oceanic job I'm hoping.

China - Required for 'Army Games' and I didn't want to use the Indian NT.

Israel - For one no-one manages in Israel, like ever, and my way of thinking is that it hopefully loads a few players from the Middle East without making the database size unbearable, required (sort of) for 'Middle Eastern Promise'.

South Korea - The South Korean league has been overhauled this season and I find it confusing so it will take some getting used too, required for 'Ooh! Ah! Korea!'.

Well there's my start-up done, now to start as a 25 year old, unemployed, ex-Sunday League footballer from the nation of Football, England.

Witbank Spurs - An FM Introduction:

wUuiprQ.png?1

A rather sparse background as we've done nothing since foundation 13 years ago.

2VthuX1.png?1

First thing I notice is that we have Zimbabwean twin brothers, luckily I didn't sign them so they can play if necessary, secondly we have a very young team and we have 2 standout players who'll I'll try to hold onto:

xqzPbqx.png

vFxxPDn.png

2013/14 Pre-Season

bj4W6ac.png?1

Yes we lost to the reserves and yes we didn't get the best results, but our 1st choice and at the time only goal keeper spent the whole pre-season out injured so the friendlies were played with a defender in goal.

yEhRKxN.png?1

A lot of change and I've tried to stay as close to the wage budget as I can.

OMAdOff.png?1

As you can see the squad is a lot more well rounded now and better in every way, other than we have quite poor goalkeepers.

Key Signings:

wHoXUUT.png

uutaYAe.png

August, September & October 2013

WDAEBzZ.png?1

sfQ9kPD.png?1

I'm very impressed with what I have seen so far, after 8 games we're the only team in the league that are unbeaten. We already have a great goal difference which could help towards the end of the season, Irvin Mhlambi is already the standout star so far with 11 goals in just 8 appearances.

I will be doing updates every month, I just got carried away with playing FM14.

South Africa second tier is crazy fun. Won 8-0 and lost 11-3 in one season back in FM11. Sad to see my former side Blackburn rock bottom.

Good luck with this challenge, should last you a while!

I'm really enjoying South Africa so far, and once I get to the Premier League there are a lot of cups to go for, I'm expecting this to last me until next October :p

I can't say I'm familiar with the standard but Mhlambi does look good.

I'm not too familiar with the standard myself, all I can tell is that we can get good players on reasonably low wages as we're only spending £18,000 p/w.

Must say that you're doing fantastically well so far.

Really whipping through the games & getting decent results a lot of the time.

Can't think of a better way to bounce back from cup disappointment than back to back 4-1 wins.

Me either, it seems the team instructions has really had an effect on the teams mentality as they're actually taking the chances they're getting now!

Witbank Spurs - South African National First Division - 2013/14

League Table

League Position Graph

I almost couldn't have asked for a better season, we were the league top scorers but FC Cape Town knocked me off the top spot after the 2nd last game which was disappointing and then they won their last game 8-1, we then had to win the promotion play-off, which thankfully we did and that sees us in the South African Premier Division next season.

Squad - We have a strong team, the only downside is that we're losing one of the key defenders but that was because he is being paid £1,000 per week and that could be put into buying 2-4 good players, we're also spending less on wages than any other team in the division which is great.

Transfers - Every player brought in was on a free and only one player was sold for money, but because of that we had a profit in transfers.

Key Players

Humphrey Khoza - The man who is leaving us, was a rock at the back and will be missed.

Brent Lawler - Humphreys' partner at the back, the 2nd highest rating this season.

Irvin Mhlambi - The top scorer getting 22 in 26.

Season |      Club     |    Nation    |          League         | Position | Other Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | National First Division |    2nd   | Promoted

Okay so we've just been promoted to the top league in South Africa, at least the board will give me a wage budget to help me remain competitive in the league....right? Wrong. The board decided to cut my wages from £21K I had last season to £17.5K p/w this season, and last season I was spending the least on wages, and I was in the 2nd tier.

Great. Just great.

I shall be following this closely until I no doubt forget :(. A good first season. Not many changes due to a smallish budget. Are you confident in your current squad?

I wasn't as confident as the players were, in the Pre-Season team meeting I told them to avoid relegation, the squad disagreed with me and told me that they would get mid-table at least :D

October 2014

clHMifb.png?1

ev5ptKb.png?1

Only 2 league games this month, but we get the full 6 points and have a game in hand over the top 2 and if we take that chance then we could even briefly hold the top spot! We've also gotten into the Quarter Final of the KO Cup where we face AmaZulu who we've already beaten 4-2 this season.

Looks like the players were right. :D

And the players just keep getting right-er? I shouldn't have underestimated them :D

Excellent given you didn't have much to work with after promotion.

I'm amazed how well they've done, it's a big help that the squad harmony is close to the highest it can be as well.

You did really well to gain promotion, and fantastic start to the new campaign.

We're predicted to finish 15th this season with odds of 150-1 to win the league, I'm hoping we can carry on this well and not fizzle out.

January 2015

krxr0C7.png?1

N7TKstw.png?1

4 wins on the trot sees us try to draw clear from the rest of the league, at the moment we only have 3 real rivals as there's a gap developing to the rest of the league. I've also increased Junior Coaching, just to try and keep the club in a good position when I leave in a few seasons.

February 2015

vLuzB7d.png?1

YU4iIiV.png?1

A mixed month where we've managed to defeat Orlando Pirates and keep them off of the top spot for the time being, there's 9 league games left plus the FA Cup before the end of the season, we currently have 46 points after 21 games and last seasons 4th finished with 46 points from 30 games!

Witbank Spurs - South African Premier Soccer League - 2014/15

League Table

League Position Graph

What a first season in the top flight! The team that was expected to finish 15th only went and won it, I should have had £5 on our 150-1 odds, we spent just over half of the season holding the top spot and it got excruciatingly close towards the end and we managed to hold off the competition from Kaiser Chiefs and Platinum Stars.

Cups - Treble Winners, beat Platinum Stars in the Final of the KO Cup and beat surprise package of the FA Cup, non-league Blackburn 2-0.

Squad - Virtually no change as I only made one signing although I have promoted a promising 18 year old, except we don't use an M/AML so he'll have to be re-trained but he has 5* potential.

Transfers - Got rid of the deadwood and players who were on too much wages.

Key Players

Brent Lawler - Again a rock at the back playing in every game for us this season.

Irvin Mhlambi - Again the top scorer with 21 in all competitions.

Joseph Mthombeni - 18 goals and 21 assists from the one signing I made.

Season |      Club     |    Nation    |          League         | Position | Other Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | National First Division |    2nd   | Promoted
2014/15| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Champions, Treble Winner

Archived