[FM13] Wessex (Fictional Nation)

WESSEX - Follow in the footsteps of Alf

430px-FlagOfWessex.svg.png

In the corner of South West England was once a strong kingdom called Wessex, once under the reign of Alfred the Great and birthplace to King Harold Godwinson (you know him as the guy with an arrow in his eye). They say if we had not won World War II, we would be speaking German, but had it not been for Wessex's resilient defence, we would probably have been speaking Danish before that. But 400 years after the kingdom was established, it was part of the unification of England alongside 6 other kingdoms.

But Wessex has always been around one way or another, even 1000 years after it officially "ceased", and now it's back again. Nine of England's counties have joined forces to jump from the sinking ship that is Britain to go back to their roots; Berkshire, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Somerset and Wiltshire.

Of course, one of the most important hobbies for its people is sport, and football especially. Wessex teams have never really bathed in success, and never known for huge crowds and fanbases but it plays a role in modern culture. A national football association was formed and now 191 teams make up the league structure across 8 levels. Also, England is completely playable too.

Premier Division (14)

Division One (14)

Division Two (14)

Division Three (12x2)

Division Four (12x2)

Division Five (12x4)

Division Six (10x4)

Non League (Unplayable)

FA Cup

King Alfred's Shield (Premier Division teams only)

National League Cup (Division One, Division Two)

FA Trophy (Division Three, Division Four)

FA Vase (Division Five, Division Six)

County Cups

Screenshots

Download

Version 2.0 (Link One | Link Two) 15 Dec 2012

Version 1.0 (Link One | Link Two) 16 Nov 2012

Enjoy! Any feedback will be welcome.

Some would argue that a completely fictional country made up of the entire south of England is the truly unrealistic aspect to this game ;)

Agree, but Wessex is a good and aceptable unrealistic. The Wessex in 15th most reputated league is a inaceptable unrealistic (my opinion), haha ;)

Looks fantastic.

I've seen similar things done with Lincolnshire in the past, and I've done one for Mercia a few times on previous versions.

If you want to collaborate on a total break up of the UK edit, I'd be delighted. Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria, East Anglia, Essex (inc. Kent & London[ium]), Cornwall, Wales, Man, Strathclyde, Alba, Fortriu, Orkney & Shetland. Could go as far as turning Oceania into GB&I and creating continental competitions.

Looks really interesting - what happens to the rest of England?

Looks fantastic.

I've seen similar things done with Lincolnshire in the past, and I've done one for Mercia a few times on previous versions.

If you want to collaborate on a total break up of the UK edit, I'd be delighted. Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria, East Anglia, Essex (inc. Kent & London[ium]), Cornwall, Wales, Man, Strathclyde, Alba, Fortriu, Orkney & Shetland. Could go as far as turning Oceania into GB&I and creating continental competitions.

And this please :D

Nice to see some regional databases getting released :) Have you not experienced any troubles with crashes yet?

During testing I did, but on my final test I was able to holiday 50 years without noticing a single hitch! Let me know if you see anything dodgy.

Wessex Premier League 15th most reputated league in Europe. I think that's so unrealistic.

But, a great job. I'll download that.

I thought that the league was of a better standard than the Scottish Premier League, but only by a tidbit. Over the years, it's reputation does decrease though and usually ends up par with the Finnish league (to my annoyance!).

Looks fantastic.

That does sound interesting! Only problem I can think of is, I believe, some of the nations in Oceania have hard-coded 2nd nationalities, but the idea is great and would be awesome to pull off.

Looks really interesting - what happens to the rest of England?

I moved up teams from lower divisions to fill the gap, i.e. Wolves and Bolton go back up to the Premier League and so on. England is completely playable.

That does sound interesting! Only problem I can think of is, I believe, some of the nations in Oceania have hard-coded 2nd nationalities, but the idea is great and would be awesome to pull off.

2nd nationalities wouldn't be too problematic if it was pulled off cleverly, for example to give all Manx players Northumbrian nationality too.

I'm guessing subbing in a load of the empty nations for all of the Oceanians would cause superissues?

The regional thread seems to be turning out some gems too... though I'm more for the tiny, useless nations than for subdivisions of Spain ;)

I'd just like to say that history is written by the winners. The Normans probably made it look like Harold Godwinson died with an arrow to the eye because it's gruesome and would create fear upon the English. Overall though it looks a good database. I've made a regional database and am doing a massive update today so may release it soon.

I'd just like to say that history is written by the winners. The Normans probably made it look like Harold Godwinson died with an arrow to the eye because it's gruesome and would create fear upon the English.

Thanks for the history lesson but lets keep things on topic from now on.

Good luck with your DB mr golem, as soon as you are done I will link it up in the regional database thread as I have done for this one.

Great work, always enjoy seeing other peoples creations.

I also think 15th league rating to too high, their is only one current premier league there and they are not contenders for european positions either, I would put it same level as Croatia I think personally, Finland is much too low.

Great work, always enjoy seeing other peoples creations.

I also think 15th league rating to too high, their is only one current premier league there and they are not contenders for european positions either, I would put it same level as Croatia I think personally, Finland is much too low.

It starts that high because Finland is too low and if it was lower it'd end up lower than Finland.

How does this affect Continental competitions, does it go into the Qualification Coefficient and if so it must take the place of another nation, doesn't it?

In previous FM versions adding another nation's worth of clubs into continental competitions did not cause any issues, in FM13 the teams from this nation(and others like it) have to replace San Marino. San Marino still exists as a nation, just its clubs dont play in continental competitions.

If you need any more help see here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/323591-FM13-Regional-Databases-Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived