FM13: Juhani Ojala

Anxiietyyy

28h3afq.png

Juhani Ojala is a Finnish defender currently playing for BSC Young Boys, having previous played for Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi (that's quite the mouthful...) where he had won the not-so prestigious Veikkausliiga defender of the year award in 2010. Standing at 6ft 3, he is certainly an imposing figure at the heart of the defence. He is already a Finnish international, with 5 caps since his national team début in 2011.

ON FM13:

2gsoayd.png

As you can see, at the age of 23, he already has all of the key attributes for a Limited Defender. His only PPM is 'plays short simple passes', so his passing attribute isn't that much of a worry. Available for just £750k, he would do a great job for mid-table premier league sides. Not sure he would be willing to join a Championship side as he had literally no interest in joining me(Stade de Reims) until I offered him £7,500 p/w. If you can afford to stump up the fairly low amount of cash needed to buy him, do so. My scout says that his 'Specific Strength' is his consistency, and rates him at four stars for potential ability.

PROS:

• Height
  • Aerial ability
  • Available at a low price
  • Consistency
  • Relatively young

CONS:

• Lack of pace
  • Fairly poor passing
  • Low anticipation

Overall, I'd say that the Pros outweigh the Cons. When you consider the price, his potential and his age, you can't really go wrong with having a punt on him. He could very well be the solid, 'no-nonsense' limited defender that every squad needs!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Juhani Ojala is a Finnish defender currently playing for BSC Young Boys, having previous played for Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi (that's quite the mouthful...) where he had won the not-so prestigious Veikkausliiga defender of the year award in 2010.

No need to mock our league.

Archived