[FM13] The Rise of the Rebels!

danielgear

fcunited.png

History

F.C. United of Manchester is an English semi-professional football club based in Bury, Greater Manchester that plays in the Northern Premier League Premier Division. It was formed in 2005 by Manchester United supporters opposed to American businessman Malcolm Glazer's controversial takeover of the club. The supporters own the club and vote on how the club is run.The club entered the North West Counties Football League Division Two in 2005, winning the league in their inaugural season. In their second season, they were crowned champions of North West Counties Football League Division One and were promoted to the Northern Premier League. The 2007–08 season saw them finish second in the Northern Premier League Division One North and gain promotion through the end of season play-offs. Since then they have played in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, reaching the play-off final in 2010–11. The club also reached the Second Round Proper of the FA Cup in the 2010–11 season. F.C. United has played at Gigg Lane since its formation in a ground-share with Bury. However, the club has applied for planning permission to build its own ground in north Manchester in time for the 2013–14 season. The team is managed by former sunday league player, Daniel Gear.

Manager Profile

Club Profile

Club Info

Finances

Squad

Facilities

This game has been set up with just the English leagues loaded and a large database with extra players loaded from Europe to bring the player total up to around 35000. My aim is to overtake both the Manchester teams long term, Also I want to bring through as many Youth Players as I can and will be giving them a (YP) and updating on their progress. Im Expecting a slow climb to the top as I will also be ensuring we are financially stable throughout.

I've skipped the first season (like Dafuges challenge so Fc United are playable)

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 2013

Results

Aug13results.png

Great start in the first match 5-0, just looks like we used all our goals for the month up in that one game.

The Histon game was a write off before we started because of our small squad our players were knackered after two games in a week so I had to play a patch up team.

Transfers

Transfers1.png

I mentioned in previous update we needed Centre Backs and Centre Midfielders.

Robin Nicholls came in to add depth in Centre Midfield then I loaned Lee Mole and Ben Walster as cover for the defence,

I then Tied up Jack Lilley who looks like a Potential star.

Mark Hughes came in on loan at the end of month to hopefully add a few goals to our frontline.

Youth Player 1

Darren Sheil became (YP1) when he made his debut vs Histon, Breaking the record for our youngest player ever.

He looks like a tidy midfielder and I will look to bring him on as often as possible.

YP1record.png

September 2013 Update

League Results

Sept13res.png

Unbeaten at home this month and a draw at Kettering, Disappointed about the Bury Town result as we were 2-0 up!! I'm finding match fitness and squad rotation my main problem but for a newly promoted team with the aim to avoid relegation I'm happy with the start we have made.

League Table

sept13table.png

If we are 15th in april I'll be happy

Player of Month

Markhughes.png

After our strikers went abit goal-shy after the first game of the season, I needed a striker to add abit of firepower, He only scored 2 in 15 whilst on loan to Welling last season in the BSS but since he joined us he has scored 6 in 7! All 6 this month.

Transfer Update

After 15 games I could see a few gaps in our squad and I some spare budget to bring in 4 players who I hope will give us more options

francis.png

I've brought him in to partner Summer signing Jack Liley at the heart of the defence, Adam Jones has been playing alongside him but he is more of a 3rd choice. Hopefully Liley and Francis will build a partnership

Mcluckie.png

Mcluckie was brought in because current Right midfielder Roca is a lazy sod! and he needs some competition, According to my "trusted" Scout Mcluckie could be a leading BSP midfielder

Jones.png

Right back is a problem for me, I have Dean Stott but he can't play every game, I did bring Ben Walster in on loan to cover but in the 3 games he covered hes been awful so I'm hoping Jones can be a reliable back up, he does have the potential to be better than Stott but hes not near yet.

windsor.png

I had this guy on trial for 4 weeks, in 6 reserve team matches he scored 14! so I've Offered him a deal until the end of the season. He gives me another striking option.

October 2013 update

League Results

oct13reslg.png

W-D-L this month, the loss at home to Alfreton saw our unbeaten home run in league end.

FA Cup Results

oct13rescup.png

A Great result vs Radcliffe and when we drew Stalybridge I fancied my chances to make the 1st round proper but they turned us over.

November 2013

League Results

NOv13lg.png

We started the month with 2 great wins, coming back from 2-0 down vs Vauxhall the highlight, after the away defeat at Harrogate we picked up 4 from a possible 9 at home, the draw against Bradford PA was disappointing, Brandon Windsor scored 2 from the bench out of 3 sub apperances in the league and Mark Hughes grabbed another 5 goals this month

League Table

novlgtable.png

Amazing postion but only 8 points from relegation zone shows we are anything but out of the relegation battle

FA Trophy Results

nov13fat.png

Played youth and fringe players, shocked they managed to grab a draw to force a replay, I didn't really want the extra matches as my players struggling already with fitness, the same "2nd XI" played replay and were outclassed.

Monthly Review

The Big news is Mark Hughes is now a FC United player, after the start he's made I agreed a Transfer record breaking £6,000 deal to bring him to the club.

The month went well enough and our league position looks good.

Decent start to the season. I always find that once you get into the New Year, results can often be easier to find as the Saturday/Tuesday fixture pattern calms down a bit.

Out of interest, where did you get the logos from? Playing at the same level, and frustrated with seeing the default colour badges everywhere!

Decent start to the season. I always find that once you get into the New Year, results can often be easier to find as the Saturday/Tuesday fixture pattern calms down a bit.

Out of interest, where did you get the logos from? Playing at the same level, and frustrated with seeing the default colour badges everywhere!

FM-base, theres an 800 club all english team pack,

Just gone past the new year and I agree with what you are saying my main problem is still Match Fitness, I have a steady 15 players that are good enough then 7 reserves/yth that aren't so Its trying to blend the team so that it isn't too weakened when I rest players

March 2014

March14res.png

Table

march14tbl.png

Monthly Review

4 points from 12, We are sat in midtable with 6 games remaining 6 points from safety, I think 3 wins and we will be fine. Its been a season of foundation laying for the future, we aren't ready for BSP yet so hopefully next season we can push on

Season Review

FC United of Manchester 2013-14 Season

Final League Table

FinalTable-5.png

13th Position - First season, Avoid relegation was the aim and we have hit mid table which I'm happy about.

League Graph

Key Players

James Spencer

Goalkeeper - He only kept 6 clean sheets all season but in certain games he kept the scores down or level plus he played every game but 1

Jack Lilley

Signed for a bargin £325 this young centre back has firmly stamped his mark on my team, Future Captain in the making

Jermone Wright

If we scored a goal, 9 times out of 10 this man played a part in it.

Mark Hughes

Record breaking signing, Was brought in on loan orginally and started on fire with 8 goals in 9 games. So brought in permantley goals dried up abit in second half of season

Mike Norton

Captain and Top Scorer at 33 next season may be his last

Youth Prospect Season Update

YP1

In around the 1st team all season, hes my 3rd choice Centre Midfielder, He's abit too defensive and his passing lets him down but he's improved and could be a mainstay next season.

YP2

Made his Debut then sent him out on loan to Ramsbottom where he got 14 games, Hopefully next season he will be around the first team, if not another loan could be best.

YP3

Made two appearances after coming through the Youth Intake, He will get alot more games next season and I intend to make him the long term replacement for Wright

YP4

Made two appearances after coming through Youth Intake. May be out on loan next season as not quite ready for 1st team and rather he played than sit on bench, Highest potential at club according to Staff

Club Finances

Finances-3.png

Could be worse

Next Season

Top Half, Playoffs has to be the aim, gonna try and tidy up the squad in summer. Need a Centre Back as Francis flopped big time. Gonna try and bring the YP's through more YP1 mainly.

Pre-Season Review

Results

pre-season-6.png

Not a good preseason really, first two games I can understand but the other 3 I expected better.

Transfers IN

TransfersIN-3.png

No money spent, 3 frees and a loan.

Transfers OUT

TransfersOUT-2.png

I let Sheil (YP1) and Dixon (YP2) out on loan for season both on first team deals, I had intended to keep Sheil at club but he is 3rd choice so hoping on loan he will play week in week out and improve. Jones and Fenwick wanted too leave, Bolland and Francis weren't good enough, Giggs didn't make an appearance last season so let him go, he was my ass man too but got a new one in.

Wolfendan wouldn't agree a new deal which was a shame

Signings

Gerard Kinsella

Scout recommended him so I brought him in too strengthen the Midfield.

Adam Field

Francis replacement, hopefully he can form a partnership with Lilley.

Jordan Binns

Straight replacement for Tom Jones who wanted out.

Jamie Gray

Brought in on loan to give us cover now Sheil has gone out on loan

Transfer Targets

Still looking for a back up Left Back after Fenwick left

Youth Player Update

Sheil (YP1) & Dixon(YP2) have both been sent out on loan. Going to keep Morris (YP3) and James (YP4) at club for time being, If I don't use them I will send them out. I'm Expecting Peter Hutchinson (centre back) to get (YP5) sometime this season has he's my 4th choice centre back, He spent last season out on loan and has come back with 4* potential.

Season Expectations

Board want top half finish, I would be happy with that back would really like Playoffs minimum

August 2014

Results

Aug14res.png

League Table

Aug14tb.png

Monthly Review

5 points from 5 games, Not the most inspiring start! Maybe the poor pre-season played a part? Good News for 2 of my YP's Darren Morris(YP3) Scored on his debut and first start for the club Vs Lowestoft in the first game and Peter James(YP4) Came off the bench to score the winner vs Colwyn Bay. The team seems to have settled well enough, With only 3 new signings not many issuing with blending. Hopefully we can improve quick.

Archived