2011 FMS Awards / Live from Sepp Blatter's Command Bunker

tenthreeleader

Greetings one and all, and welcome to the 2011 FMS Awards Ceremony!

The festivities begin at 7:00 p.m. GMT this evening.

In looking for a location for this year's ceremony, the awards committee decided to find a place where the participants could be safe from even the most horrifically self-destructive comments. We could find no better place for the ceremony than the ultra-secret command post of FIFA's head honcho.

So, with a quick payment of 50,000 FMS bucks to Jack Warner and a few Qatari middlemen looking for some extra chump change to host the World Cup, here we are.

Feel free to mill about here until the ceremony begins.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The festivities begin at 7:00 p.m. GMT this evening.

No, Ben, I didn't use my mod powers to warp the time-space continuum. I happen to be heading out this morning for church and brunch and wanted to post the thread since I won't arrive back here until just before the ceremony begins. :)

Good evening ... ( testing microphone ) ... we are gathered to honor the best of FMS for 2011. Do please bear in mind that I've had contact with Mr. Blatter this afternoon and he says anyone offended by the outcome of today's proceedings should simply shake hands and all will be well.

Good evening ... ( testing microphone ) ... we are gathered to honor the best of FMS for 2011. Do please bear in mind that I've had contact with Mr. Blatter this afternoon and he says anyone offended by the outcome of today's proceedings should simply shake hands and all will be well.

You mean I can steal everyones beer and get away with it after a handshake?

Wait a minute... we have some second-rate Qatari sheiks around here and no one thought about buying a camel or two? For shame, guys...

Anyway, the Spanish contingent (population: 1) made it just in time. Now I'll focus completely on this and forget about any distractions.

*alt+tabs away, reopens VBA, keeps grinding levels on Route 3*

Good evening one and all ... this marks the start of the 2011 FMS Awards.

The categories, in order of presentation, are:

Best Story Idea (10-3)

Story Character of the Year (Offy)

Best Challenge (Mike)

Best Challenge Story (10-3)

Best Celtic Story (Offy)

Best Continental/Rest of the World Story (Mike)

Funniest Writer (10-3)

Newcomer of the Year (Offy)

Most Missed FMSer (10-3)

intermission

Best English Story (Mike)

FMSer of the Year (Offy)

Story of the Year (Mike)

Writer of the Year (10-3)

Hall of Fame nominee (Mike)

First post goes to me ..

Best Story Idea starts off our show this year. In the words of our host, Mr. Blatter, a ‘good idea’ is holding the World Cup in a country that isn’t rife with corruption from oil money, which applies to either Russia or Qatar. Wait a minute. As Doctor Doolittle said, “Wait. Scratch that. Reverse it.”

Our own story ideas are naturally much better. Our nominees are:

Magic of the FA Cup – MarkWilson27

5m1w – Makonnen

A Tale of Two Brothers – Offspring8

Seeing Red and Yellow: Spiral of Fate – Dalbeider

Story character of the Year

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character(s). – Martin Luther King, Jr...except I added the (s), but who cares.

Well Martin, that day is here. There have been many fine characters walk the halls of FMS, but amongst this years favourites are:

Patty Myers Ridgway – tenthreeleader, “Rob Ridgway’s Rat Pack”

Mike Kowalski – Celtic_1967, “Jumping Through Hoops”

Matt Livingston – tenthreeleader, “The Unwanted”

Terry Christian – tenthreeleader, “The Ace of Spades”

Best Challenge Idea

If you’re looking for a challange then you’ve come to the right place. Just surviving as a credible power to continue running world football is FIFA’s biggest challenge.

At FMS we think bigger. We aren’t interested unless the challenge means pouring your own blood, sweat and tears in.

Anyway enough about what Terk and Gav drink on their ‘quiet nights in,’ let’s give out this award.

The nominees are

Fallen Giant Challenge - Wegason

Six Crowns Challenge - Dalbeider

Roy Hodgson Challenge – tenthreeleader

Damn, I was hoping for tenthree to win this with Terry Christian. Oh well, well done tenthree and tenthree :D.

Terry Christian is my favorite character ever in any of my stories. When I'm done developing him it will be a lot of fun to write.

Archived