[FM12] Lincolnshire and Humberside Database 2012

United Counties of Lincolnshire and Humberside- National League Structure

Intro

Lincolnshire and South Humberside have split from the rest of England. Oil money has meant they can fund themselves and their national sport, Football.

Not being an area blessed with big clubs the new league will take some time to get going, the FA hope it will take off quickly!

To help them along money and reputation is on offer with these exciting features:

• Three playable Leagues with promotion/relegation

• Three Playable Cups

• League structure filling 3 qualifying rounds of the FA Cup and 5 further rounds

• One unplayable cup to show off the extent of the league structure

• Three unplayable leagues to give a realistic depth to the league structure encompassing teams to level 14 and equivalents

• Playable National team

• Logos and graphics to enhance the experience

Current Release

Note: Intermediate versions are developer versions

Version 3.01- Download Here

• Compatable with latest patch

• Increase of difficulty slightly

• Occurrence of rival games reduced for top teams

• Minor flaws and mistakes corrected

• Balance and playability improved

• Restructured league to include more playable teams

• Improved long term playability

Signup version thread- Coming soon!

Old Versions

Version 2.30: Superceeded

Version 1.40: Superceeded

Known bugs and suggested improvements for Version 2.3

- Crash on March 6th- NOW FIXED

Teams placed 2th-4th in the 3rd division qualify for the promotion playoff. Is that how you want it, with 3 teams?

Hi sovstar, yes it is intended. I found quite often in testing newly promoted teams to the league would get into the playoffs, some even promoted! Through this and other means I reduced that to an acceptable level.

If you wish to change anything in the database you are more than welcome, I do not proclaim to own anything, I am just the person who brought the things together.

Hows it going guys? I have not had time to start a save, just recently bought a new SSD for my OS and currently sorting out a firmware update for it as its not as fast as it could be! I wont be able to play my own database until next week now so I am counting on you guys to let me know how its playing!

Down a league, you missed out but you can swap them if you like :)

I will be double checking team placing for future releases, usually one after each SI patch.

I am also currently working on a Lincolnshire only database for the purists, this will include teams from leagues such as the Boston, Scunthorpe, Grantham etc local leagues.

So also a place for all you Wyberton fans @ The Causeway! ;)

They enter the FA cup and their own non league FA Vase, a non playable cup to show off the depth of the national league system.

I will pop up a league structure diagram soon to help everyone :)

EXTRA: How is everyone finding the graphics? That I am pretty proud of!

No such place as Humberside now...should be East Yorkshire when will people get it right lol.

I used the name Humberside as it best describes the, it is more just the inclusion of Hull and surrounding area, anything north of Hull is left in Yorkshire.The main reason was the huge cutural ties between the north and south banks as well as for increasing competativeness for the league.

For those purists out there a seperate Lincolnshire nation database is being created, a seperate Yorkshire Database is also being done by Dragonheat, please see the regional databases thread.

I was only joking...Keep up the good work..More divisions and teams please!

Stil worth explaining my rational, being born and raised in the coumty that no longer exists I do know all about humberside as an area, I lived 5 miles from its airpport for most of my life!

I intened to expand below the lincolnshire league with my lincolnshire only database as doing that in conjunctions with hull is too big a task for me with my limited time for editing. I spend almost every weekend away and work 9+ hour days at the moment.

Everyone has made their point now and that's fine but can all posts now be on topic, about improvements to the database. If any specifically wants to change the name of the nation they can download it and change it for themselves and their use. The titling of this database is not a political statement in any way.

If you want to play yorkshire as a nation the release of that is not far off, as is Lincolnshire on its own.

Updated with a league structure, I am a bit dissapointed with myself for the confusing name structure, this comes partly from legacy and partly from expansion this year. I will amend for the next release, so this is warning the league names will change after the next SI patch release, my Lincolnshire only database will also have an improved name structure.

Its the only thing that I have noticed so far, but with my PC in bits and being away from it for 6 of the next 9 days I doubt I will get a chance to play it myself for a while!

Updated with a league structure, I am a bit dissapointed with myself for the confusing name structure, this comes partly from legacy and partly from expansion this year. I will amend for the next release, so this is warning the league names will change after the next SI patch release, my Lincolnshire only database will also have an improved name structure.

Its the only thing that I have noticed so far, but with my PC in bits and being away from it for 6 of the next 9 days I doubt I will get a chance to play it myself for a while!

What kinda teams are you gonna use in your Lincolnshire database?

What kinda teams are you gonna use in your Lincolnshire database?

Well the current database goes down to teams like Market Rasen, Nettleham and other teams from the Lincolnshire Football League.

I intend with the Lincolnshire only database to reflect the real life structure with reserve teams more closely. It will also go down deeper into the amateur game, focusing on Saturday league teams, if anyone here plays for one in the area then there is a good chance your team will get in the database. I will start a WIP thread on this very soon for discussion to help keep this one more on topic :)

Thanks for asking and I hope the answer is what you were looking for.

Well the current database goes down to teams like Market Rasen, Nettleham and other teams from the Lincolnshire Football League.

I intend with the Lincolnshire only database to reflect the real life structure with reserve teams more closely. It will also go down deeper into the amateur game, focusing on Saturday league teams, if anyone here plays for one in the area then there is a good chance your team will get in the database. I will start a WIP thread on this very soon for discussion to help keep this one more on topic :)

Thanks for asking and I hope the answer is what you were looking for.

Can they qualify for the UCL?

Can they qualify for the UCL?

I guess yes for both my leagues, I assume UCL is the champions league or something. I'm not a football fan so I don't know these things.

Some good news is I am going to have all of december to work on databases so I expect to finish my lincolnshire only within that time period.

I guess yes for both my leagues, I assume UCL is the champions league or something. I'm not a football fan so I don't know these things.

Some good news is I am going to have all of december to work on databases so I expect to finish my lincolnshire only within that time period.

It is the champions leauge sorry

Out of curiosity how did you get into FM if not a football fan? Or was that sarcasm?

Will definitely give this a go once I've bought the game, loved the one for FM10 despite not being from the area. The mix of Christmas holidays and being dumped recently will help with my playing time haha. May have to get back into the database mix myself.

I really am not a football fan but my cousin introduced me to CM 01/02

I found the game an interesting challenge and stuck with it, I have learnt a lot about football through the game. I have been editing and creating things for games since 2003 when I got my own PC for the first time, it started with golf courses and grew into many other games.

When CM and FM split I discovered the editor and the rest is history...

I am absolutely sure there are many other non football fans playing this game for its unique and interesting challenges and features.

Hows everyone else finding this? Im having an absolute blast as Grimsby Borough, signed a few players of the home nationality and romping in the Humber Cup!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I had a slight issue that when it came time to submit my squad numbers right before my first game I could not progress for some reason, has anyone else had this? I ended up just holidaying one day but missing tthe 1st league game of the season :(

I will test to see if its an issue, I have not found enough required changes yet to warrant updating, if anyone has anything please post here!

I have been working hard to replicate the problem of not being able to progress with my squad number selection and I have put it down to something wrong with the numbers I assigned.

I have now successfully gone through squad number assignment more times than it has failed so I am pretty sure it was a 1 off FM thing and not my database.

I will continue to test and if anyone else has had the problem please let me know!

Other than that slight hiccup I am really enjoying this database, I hope others are too!

I am in the process of preparing a new release, if anyone has any comments now is the time!

Current potential improvements are:

• Increased and improved attendance balance

• Expanded squad size to 22 for the premier league

• Increases the prize and TV money slightly to allow for the fact it is reduced over upcoming years due dynamic league rep etc

• Added in a special friendly for the national team so players can secure nationality before retiring due to original nation squad selections

• Added the charity shield for winner of Premier League vs FA cup winner

• Corrected some minor mistakes in stadia and facilities

• Corrected financial status of Lincoln to ensure full TV money

• Updated graphics, icon/text colours and club short names where required.

• Added some more awards for lower leagues.

I expect the new release will be out by the end of this coming weekend (11/12/11) as most of the work is now done. All of these improvements do not significantly affect the game but bother a perfectionist such as myself.

New version released- Version 2.3 (see first post)

Changes

• Increased and improved attendance balance

• Expanded squad size to 22 for the premier league

• Increases the prize and TV money slightly to allow for the fact it is reduced over upcoming years due dynamic league rep etc

• Added in a special friendly for the national team so players can secure nationality before retiring due to original nation squad selections

• Added the charity shield for winner of Premier League vs FA cup winner

• Corrected some minor mistakes in stadia and facilities

• Corrected financial status of Lincoln to ensure full TV money

• Updated graphics

• Added some more awards for lower leagues.

• 1 month later...

Currently toying with two ideas:

Expanding the premier division to 10 teams to increase the heat of the relegation battle (currently between 3-4 teams but with 6-10 point gaps which is too large).

I am also changing the rules of the FA, Trophy and Vase to have foreign player restrictions. This means no competition will be restriction free but that works out better for squad balance.

I may also expand the National Division from 10 to 12 teams to include some deserving teams as well as increase the number of games played (currently the clubs play only 35 games in a 10 month period (inc friendlies), which is only just every 8 days and I would like it to average a game every 7 days as a maximum.

The top division averages a game every 5.5 days as a comparison.

Oh hey, good to see you've continued this on with future releases of the game. I haven't even played FM2011 or FM2012, but that'll probably change when I put together a new PC next month -- and a Northumbrian database may follow soon after. Are there any particular changes to the editor I should know about? I'm really hoping they've included a batch-change feature 'cause manually editing each and every player's nationality was by far the worst aspect of editing, haha. That, and the way that replaced nations would stubbornly keep their default regen names no matter what languages you set to it.

...actually now I think about it there were a lot of annoyances and that's what made me quit in the first place. Damn.

I'm really hoping they've included a batch-change feature 'cause manually editing each and every player's nationality was by far the worst aspect of editing, haha.

Yup its in! Editing is easy now, more time to tweak an tune. We are currently waiting on SI to fix an issue that stops databases progressing past march 6th. Should be in the next patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Big changes going on for the January update.

League restructuring to get more league teams, the Premier Division is expanded to 10 teams and the teams now go down to level 14. This means about 4 extra teams and two new teams in the league.

Also the Cups are restructured and the league breaks now in January to avoid frozen pitches as much as possible as moving games around messed up the league structure balance too much. I have also added a few more players where enough information is available. Cup games will continue in January to make sure teams do not go more than two weeks without a game but with space left so room for replays/rescheduling.

The league now is really quite tricky with both busy periods pre and post winter break, taking a team up divisions is a real challenge I think I have made a database that no one can call easy but I think a lot of people can call fun. It has a very interesting take on squad management and will require the player to really plan ahead who they want to play in each match.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently on Holiday but I expect to have a fixed version of this out by the end of next week. I am so glad the 6th of March issue has been resolved, it has given me the drive to fix and improve my database once again.

The current version still has many bugs in it, I have a new balanced version almost ready to go. Will upload when I have stability checked it and done final data tweaks.

I am currently on Holiday but I expect to have a fixed version of this out by the end of next week. I am so glad the 6th of March issue has been resolved, it has given me the drive to fix and improve my database once again.

The current version still has many bugs in it, I have a new balanced version almost ready to go. Will upload when I have stability checked it and done final data tweaks.

I will be giving this a try! Sounds an interesting concept, and i'm also glad the 6th of March issue has been fixed :)

Urgh just caught a stinking cold and now the parents are visiting me next weekend! Looks like I might not finish it by Friday.

I have noticed a few issues, Singapore seems to have stopped working with the new patch and there are a few niggles to sort out so its not as straightforward as I hoped :(

I wouldn't see Singapore as a big issue myself. Singapore is always kinda fragile it seems.

Hope you get over your cold soon. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Its a real stinker indeed! Had the day off work but could not face my PC until now! No chance I will be editing until next week now! Sorry gents! Worst time and all!

Good thing I won't kill you then!

I can only offer you my most sincer apologies. I am off work again due to sneezing and no one at work wanting to catch this! I feel better so I will have a crack this afternoon. I just want to get it working so bad but the screen makes my head hurt!

I can only offer you my most sincer apologies. I am off work again due to sneezing and no one at work wanting to catch this! I feel better so I will have a crack this afternoon. I just want to get it working so bad but the screen makes my head hurt!

I was mearly joking anyway ;) Take as long as you need, I have numerous assignments due in, but this forum makes me procrastinate.

• 2 months later...

Newest version available (3.01), did not think this account was recoverable but thankfully got it all sorted thanks to my email address being resurrected!

Apologies again on the time its taken to do this, about 3 months :D

Mainly due to other commitments, spending my weekends about 200 miles from my computer and lots of problems updating my database into the March patch :(

Looking good!

Yeh, just got to get around to putting up some new screen shots. Its playing better than any database I have made to date! Mostly thanks to improvements in the editor. I really enjoy following what happens in the lower leagues and the FA Vase!

The national team rarely wins but when they do its usually a big scalp!

I would love some feedback and improvement suggestions too, just a pity its taken me so long to fix it.

Currently considering doing a signup for this, my save at the moment with the national team is going REALLY well. OK I am losing most of the game and yet to win but its great fun! Just made a tweak to the tactic and promptly scored!

Picking the national team is quite a challenge, I have found recruiting a club side good fun, the only annoying thing is the press dont seem to understand I have squad restrictions for humber cup games! Easily forgotten about though.

Its not easy to recruit all the players I want but I had built a good Grimsby side and in my test they finished 2nd with no input from me apart from signing. So there is hope for winning the league with any of the top 5 teams IMO!

• 1 month later...

Wow 10 downloads! More than I expected :D

I know this isn't the most widely appealing subject for a database (only about 1.8 million people live in the area an how many of them come on this forum? lol) What I would like is some or ANY feedback so I can make this better for next year. I want to make a good database quickly unlike this year which took a while due to the March 6th crash etc and other gameplay balancing issues.

So if you have any criticisms, suggestions or improvements PLEASE let me know! I want to work on them to make this database even better!

• 1 month later...

I think the best thing about this database is the depth of research. The fact that the league system goes down so far really adds to the "realness" of the game feel. Also, the excellent work on collecting graphics for the vast majority of clubs and the sponsorship of the leagues makes everything seem like it should.

My only concern is the small number of clubs in the divisions. This can make gameplay feel a bit repedative. I'd like a 14-16 team Premier League, but that may cause some floggings to be handed out by the bigger clubs.

All-in-all, this database is the best of the regional databases. Great work, Mr Iron.

My only concern is the small number of clubs in the divisions. This can make gameplay feel a bit repedative. I'd like a 14-16 team Premier League, but that may cause some floggings to be handed out by the bigger clubs.

Firstly thanks for the great comments, always nice to hear people enjoy it. As for the above I agree with you, that's why I put a few more clubs in the the lower divisions but toned down the number of fixtures (the guys need time to do their jobs as most are semi pro at most). I would really love to have a 18 club premiership but in all my testing I find it really does not work, I assume thats why Scotland has so few too (I used it as an example for league sizes).

I will consider expanding it next year by two teams, see how the testing goes and if it is comparable to this years then I will keep the format. It is important for me to know what you guys, the users want, think or need so I can improve where needed.

Thanks again Lazyfig, hope you keep enjoying it!

Archived