{WIP - FM2012} West Outer London Nation

arkitekt

Hi all,

I have given an attempt at creating a regional nation a go this year as i have been inspired by others giving it a shot.

Im creating a West Outer London Nationmade up of teams from Surrey, Middlesex, Berkshire & Buckinghamshire.

Here is the structure so far:

Super League - 10 Teams play each other 3 times

First Division - 12 teams play each other 3 times

Second Division - 14 teams play each other twice

Thierd Division - 16 teams play each other twice

Development League - 20 Teams play each other once then a split in the middle with another round of games

Inactive Division - 8 teams

FA Cup - All team

League Cup - Super to third

Super cup

Higher Cup - Group then knockout for Super to Second (Must have at least 6 U23 players in match 11)

Lower Cup - Group then knockout Third to Development (Must have at least 6 U23 players in match 11)

Changelist

V0.1 - Created West Outer London Nation
v0.2 - Created national stadium
v0.3 - created competitions and cups
v0.4 - added "a lower league" teams into the competitions
v0.5 - swapped those teams with those that lie within the WOL area
v0.6 - changed cities in the WOL area from England to WOL
v0.7 - Changed people born in those birth nation to WOL
v0.8 - Added Nation Rules
    - Changed all sub rules to 5 from 7
v0.9 - Re-structure of English Leagues
    - Set Prize money for leagues and cups

Still to do

Rivalries

Awards

Tweak reps and money

Give yourself a co-efficient. Preferably a low one. San Marino will be a little screwy for a season then return to normal. Or just leave it and it will normalise itself in 4-6 seasons

I gave the nation a 0.01 coefficient for the last 5 seasons making it 0.05, so ill have to wait 5 years for it to work?

Sure no problem, im quite enjoying regional db's this year :)

I like to think I help bring these databases more into the limelight, when so much is taken by additional or extended national leagues and legends/historical or other fantasy databases. I may be wrong, I might not be helping at all! :D

I wouldn't call Hayes & Yeading Outer London! Or Hanwell Town! But good effort

There always has to be some artistic licence to a database, to increase competitiveness I brought in clubs from outside my national boundaries, much like Cardiff and Swansea. I did not include them this year, also I think you have to look at places which have other things like geographical ties, some places may be slightly further away but contribute culturally to an area therefore would and should be included during independence :)

There always has to be some artistic licence to a database, to increase competitiveness I brought in clubs from outside my national boundaries, much like Cardiff and Swansea. I did not include them this year, also I think you have to look at places which have other things like geographical ties, some places may be slightly further away but contribute culturally to an area therefore would and should be included during independence :)

Exactly, the db is what you want it to be to a curtain extent. I've deliberately left out reading and crystal palace because of competition. What people need to remember is that surreal and middlesex go way into London so maybe the name of the nation could.be better, but hey, most of it is west outer London lol

Yes I understand by if you're going to include Hanwell Town then QPR is only a couple of miles up the A40 why not include them ;) Should West London have it's own language?

EKe as why I didn't include reading, I wanted a more competitive league rather than one team winning everything. Good idea about the language though, I didnt really think about that

Well actually for my database Humberside doesnt exist, additionally I am actually using teams from south Humberside and the Hull area. Going back to the boudaries thing, my boundaries are very skewed as it comes off the coast, skirts hull, comes sharply down then encompasses Goole, turns sharply down then follows the Linconshire boarder. I used to include Newark but for the moment I have not, I am sorely tempted to bring it and Rossington back in as they along with Armthorpe usually take a lot of players from the area so have strong links to the other teams, again thats more cultural than geographic.

I had that same issue with my 2nd tier awards, not repeated it yet but all my first tier awards worked fine. How did you create them? I made my first tier ones from duplicates of the England ones, then duplicated the 1st tier ones to make the 2nd tier... it did not like the second step! The first tier copied from england premier division worked ok though...

Ive done exactly that and it crashed, do you think its because I.set dates for some of them?

Possibly, might have been the cause of mine too. I did not investigate enough and passed over that in favour of balancing finances. I will be looking at it this weekend as long as my 8-9 hour test today runs OK, ringers crossed. I will report back on my findings some time over the next few days.

screw the awards, ive gone back a step.

v0.12 - Max squad size of 23 for all divisions

- Max Foreign and EU rules for each division

- created West Outer London Weather (Duplicated English Inland but made Winter colder)

- Revamped FA Cup for staggerd entry

Probably for the best, I am currently knee deep in inactive divisions, a job I have been putting off for a long time in favour of testing the playable divisions...

Ive only made one inactive division of 8 teams

Currently testing the game as if i was playing it properly, starting with Whyteleaf in the bottom tier.

• 2 weeks later...
I did think that but ive stuck them in anyway because they play in the Surrey County Cup

Nope, we definitely play in the Hampshire Senior Cup! However I agree they should be in this as geographically the boroughs of Rushmoor (Aldershot, Farnborough and Cove) and Hart (Fleet) are basically Surrey! Thinking about it as you have Aldershot, Cove and Fleet you could chuck Farnborough in if you had space.

Anyway kutgw :)

I never understood how Aldershot is Hampshire and then Farnham is Surrey. Boundaries are confusing...

Interesting choices in Abingdon, Didcot and Thatcham, wouldn't say any are near enough to be considered Outer London. Hell, Reading is nearer! You could choose Basingstoke too, seeing as people prefer to ditch their local team to watch London-based clubs. And on the topic of Hayes & Yeading, they're ground sharing at Woking this year so for the mean time I'd say they were in this catagory! And if you've got Fleet then you could probably have Hartley Wintney too, and where's Knaphill?!

But, it does look good, the standard of teams is good and other than maybe Brentford, I can't see any team being head and shoulders above the rest.

Archived