Twenty two men and a pig's bladder

Moonshine

Introduction

Welcome to my (new) save! In a break from tradition, there will be two updates for this save. A Careers thread one, and an LLM one. Both will be broadly the same, with obvious differences in terms of player naming and discussion. The game will be played within the bounds of LLM guidelines, so please, no tips or tactics careers people. Feel free to discuss, without resorting to that.

My Portuguese game died a miserable death, with a save muck-up.

Start of Game conditions: Large database, with England, Scotland, France, Germany, Spain, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Greece, Ukraine and a few others all fully playable and loaded. View-Only countries include: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, USA, Australia, China, South Korea, South Africa and a bunch of poxy European ones.

I don't know how this will play out, but I tend to get attatched to clubs. However, if the Amiens SC Football or Chelsea jobs become available, its more than likely I'll head in their direction.

A quick note on the update style: I steal a lot from Nobby and Dafuge, whose season-by-season updates I consider the most readable and interesting, with a few extras thrown in.

[b]Season[/b]   [b]Team[/b]                     [b]Division[/b]              [b]Pos[/b]        [b]Notes[/b]                  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Lleida Esportiu          Segunda B Grupo 3     9th                        
2012/13  Lleida Esportiu          Segunda B Grupo 2     3rd     [i]Lost in Playoffs[/i]
2013/14  Lleida Esportiu          Segunda B Grupo 2     1st     [i]Lost in Playoffs[/i]  
2014/15  Greenock Morton          Scottish Division 1   8th  
2015/16  Greenock Morton          Scottish Division 1   1st     [i]Promoted[/i]
2016/17  Sheffield Wedsnesday     English Championship  17th

My oh so scientific method (random number generator...) led me to my first club:

Lleida_Esportiu.svg

Lleida Esportiu

Previously known as Unio Esportiva Lleida prior to their liquidation in May 2011 due to debts of over €27m, Lleida Esportiu were rebranded and reborn from the flames. They retained the 13,500-seater Camp d’Esports stadium, and have basic training and youth facilities, due to having to sell their old ones. Obviously, the new club have no history to speak of, this being their first season in existence.

• 2 weeks later...

2011/2012 – Lleida Esportiu, Segunda Divisio B Grupo 3

Board expectations: Top Half finish

Media Prediction: 5th

Bookies:25-1

Season Tickets

Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 Fixtures 3

The season started well, we sat in the promotion spots until November, when a terrible run of 8 points in 10 games led to a slump to tenth. Not helping was a loss to Badalona in which Michel, my top scorer, was injured and out for 3 months. A spate of injuries followed, and the ridiculously small squad size (just 22 men) in Spain meant that I was forced to play outside of my comfort zone. As I hit form again, the table condensed, with 5 points separating 3rd from 12th, and a spate of losses at the end of the season dropped me to solid 9th

FinalB3Table.jpg

League Positions Graph

Copa del Rey – We were blessed with a seemingly easy third round draw, but we screwed up spectacularly against Hospitalet

Transfers – This being a new season, we brought loads in, and got rid of a fair few too.

Squad – The squad is OK, but aging. Many of the Strikers (bar Michel and perhaps M’Passi) will be going.

Finances – Poor is the best word I can find to describe these. We are leaking fast.

Facilities - The majority of facilities remain the same, though for some reason the stadium was expanded to 14,875 at some stage without any cost to me, or any notification. The board promised to improve the youth facilities, but due to the wreckage that is our finances, they cancelled at the end of the season.

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

Michel-BestPlayer.jpg

MY YOUNG PLAY OF THE YEAR:

Bubalovic-BestYoungPlayer.jpg

what is LLM? :/

It stands for Lower League Management, you start off with a club in a bottom league and play with fairly restrictive rules to keep the game as realistic as possible (for example you only sign players your scouts find, you put up job notices to get staff, you develop your own tactics and training and you don't tip). It can be very hard, but also very rewarding as you know that you've built your whole career yourself.

Nice title Moonshine and good start. Michel is an awesome player for the Segunda B. Interestingly I've just beaten Lleida Esportiu in my all-Basque Barakaldo save for the Big Euro Nations small club to big club challenge. Last season I think I only got one point off them from two games. :mad:

Ok that sounds pretty good, but what's with player naming and discussion? Does that "player naming" stand for us telling him about a good player and it's against the rules or simply renaming a regen by nicknaming him? Cause I can't see a reason why that would be restricted..

On here, I don't mind discussion about my players etc., but I'd rather not be recommended things like new players to buy etc. in the lower league forum, player naming is forbidden. If you want more info, have a look at the stickies threads in LLM. It really is very rewarding, and some very active posters in here (Nobby, Pangaea, Uncle Ron) all started off as posters in, and continue to play in the style of, LLM

Oh and Michel is a brilliant target man. I mean for him to tutor a young striker I've just had come through with 18 heading and 16 jumping at 15:D

Indeed. For me, LLM is the best and purest way of playing the game. The LLM forum bans the use of editors however, and since I have started in England's 8th tier for the past couple of versions I've played, my saves are no longer true LLM despite following all the other ethics.

I'm not complaining, it's how it is.

Top Ten European Leagues (upon Ranking Change)

1st. English Premier League: Man City [Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool]

2nd. Spanish Liga BBVA: Barcelona [Real Madrid, Villareal, At. Madrid]

3rd. German 1. Bundesliga: Dortmund [bayern, Wolfsburg, Schalke]

4th. Italian Serie A: Juventus [Napoli, Milan]

5th. French Ligue 1: Lyon [Marseille, Nice]

6th. Portuguese Liga Sagres: Porto [braga, Benfica]

7th. Russian Prem’er Liga: CSKA [Lokomotiv]

8th. Shakhtar [Arsenal Kyiv]

9th. Dutch Eredivisie: Ajax [NAC Breda]

10th. Turkish Super-Lig: Fenerbahce [bursaspor (3rd)]

Champions League: Barcelon 1-0 Real Madrid

Allianz Arena, Munich

Europa League: Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham

Nation Arena, Bucaresti

Ballon D’Or: Lionel Messi

European Championship 2012Hosts: Poland & Ukraine, Holders: Spain

Out in Groups: Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Israel, Germany, Switzerland

Quarter Final:

France 1p-1 Sweden

Ukraine 0-0p England

Portugal 3-2 Italy

Spain 0-1 Netherlands

Semi Finals

France 2-0 Netherlands

England 1-0 Portugal

Final

France 1-2 England

NSC Olympiyskyi, Kyiv

• 1 month later...

2012/2013 – Lleida Esportiu, Segunda Divisio B Grupo 2

Board expectations: Top Half finish

Media Prediction: 12th

Bookies:33-1

Season Tickets1392

A move to Group 2 brings with it a decline in expectations. However, we start really brightly, briefly sitting second, before dropping away after a spell of 13 points in 11 games. However, we finished without a loss in 11, despite games against 2nd, 3rd and 5th. The last few games also forced us to blood some young players: Roberto was the highlight of the blooded youth. In the end, we finished 3rd.

In the playoffs, we drew Alcoyano, who finished 3rd in B3, and were relegated last season. The home game, played in front of 11,400 people was an utter disaster. A freak own goal sent them one up, before red card for my DR and AML sent me down to 9 men. We managed to hold the score down to 3-0, which was fortunate, but things didn’t look good. Indeed, they didn’t get much better, as we lost 4-3 away. So much for promotion this season.

2012-13endofseason.jpg

League Positions Graph

Copa del Rey – Straight into the 2nd round we went, and lost to Eibar

Transfers – In came a lot of youth, out went a lot of old crap. Jens Cool was a particularly good buy.

Squad – The squad is looking good, with a few areas to improve. General age needs to be reduced still, but looking at the lower half of the average ratings, a lot are over 30 and will be going in pre-season.

Finances – Still haemoraging, despite a 400k input from my chairman.

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

Juanmapre-playoffs.jpg

Juanma was also the highest rated player of the season

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

JensCools-1.jpg

1st. English Premier League: Man Utd [Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool]

2nd. Spanish Liga BBVA: Barcelona [Real Madrid, Malaga, Racing]

3rd. German 1. Bundesliga: Leverkusen [bayern, Werder Bremen,Hannover]

4th. Italian Serie A: Roma [Napoli, Milan]

5th. French Ligue 1: PSG [Marseille, Lyon]

6th. Portuguese Liga Sagres: Porto [sporting, Maritimo]

7th. Russian Prem’er Liga: Zenit [CSKA]

8th. Ukrainian Premyer-Liha: Shakhtar [Dnipro]

9th. Dutch Eredivisie: Ajax [PSV]

10th. Greek Super-League: Panathanaikos [Olympiakos]

Champions League: Barcelona 3-2 Real Madrid

Wembley, London

Europa League: Liverpool 4-1 Valenciennes

Anfield, Liverpool

Ballon D’Or: Lionel Messi (Attributes

• 2 weeks later...

2013/2014 – Lleida Esportiu, Segunda Divisio B Grupo 2

Board expectations: Promotion

Media Prediction: 4th

Bookies: 16-1

Season Tickets 1516 (+124

We played well in the start, middle and end. It was 11 games before our first defeat, and we only lost 4 all season. Ruddy M’Passi, my Congolese international striker, top-scored in the league, whilst both Jens Cools and M’Passi’s partner Mohamed Camara played excellently. We won the league with a game to go, drawing with Real Union while Hospitalet were held 1-1 by Barakaldo. The highlight of the season was an 8-1 demolition of Beasain.

In the playoffs we knew we just had to win the first game to get promoted, because of the weird rules. Even if we lost, we’d get a second bite of the cherry. We drew Alcorcon, champions by a country mile of Group 3. With Cools injured in training, and out for the duration of the playoffs, and suspension catching up with us, we start with a weakened squad for the away game, which we are demolished 5-0, including conceding a penalty and one of their players being sent off. We won the return leg 2-0, but I rued the poor first leg display.

Losers of the first phase playoff first round get drawn into the second round of the second phase, where I drew Athletico Madrid B. I seriously ****ed up the first round, losing 3-0 at home. However, after 11 minutes I was 2-0 up at Athletico. However, they pulled back despite our best efforts, and I ended up losing 4-3.

Leaguetable.jpg

League Positions Graph

Copa del Rey – Neat little run past Cadiz and Saint Roque, before a third roundloss to Castellon

Transfers – Some good frees came in, the best of whom was Jaume Costa. Most of them went in as backups.

Squad – The squad is better than this league, except in a few areas. Backups on the wings need to mature, and a couple of new defenders are needed to cover absences caused by Cabeke’s leaving

Finances[/b] – The only positive of the season as it happens – the gate receipts for the playoff games made me make money for the first time

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

Jenscools.jpg

Jens Cools

1st. English Premier League: Man Utd [ Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal]

2nd. Spanish Liga BBVA: Barcelona [Malaga, Real Madrid, Athletic]

3rd. German 1. Bundesliga: Bayern [Dortmund, Levurkusen, Wolfsburg]

4th. Italian Serie A: AC Milan [Fiorentina, Palermo]

5th. French Ligue 1: Lyon [OM, RC Lens]

6th. Portuguese Liga Sagres: Porto [sporting, Benfica]

7th. Ukrainian Premyer-Liha: Shakhtar [Dynamo Kyev]

8th. Russian Prem’er Liga: CSKA [Dinamo]

9th. Dutch Eredivisie: AZ [Vitesse]

10th. Greek Super-League: Olympiakos [Panathanaikos (5th)

Champions League: Real Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam

Europa League: Chelsea 0-2 Roma

Estadio Do Dragao, Porto

Ballon D’Or: Lionel Messi (Attributes)

World Cup 2014Hosts: Brazil, Holders: Spain

Out in Groups: Bulgaria, S. Korea, Uruguay, Iraq, Ecuador, Australia, Canada, Paraguay, England, Senegal, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Bosnia, Slovenia, Egypt

Second Round

Switzerland 0-1 Brazil

Ivory Coast 1-2 Algeria

Italy 1-0 France

Netherlands 1-0 Portugal

USA 2-4 Germany

Colombia 0-0p Serbia

Japan 2-2p Argentina

Cameroon 1-2 Spain

Quarter Final:

Brazil 1-1p Netherlands

Algeria 1p-1 Italy

Germany 2e-1 Spain

Serbia 0-1 Argentina

Semi Finals

Netherlands 2-5e Argentina

Algeria 2-3 Germany

Third Place Playoff

Netherland 2-1 Algeria

Final

Argentina 1-5 Germany

Maracana, Rio de Janeiro

Indeed. For me, LLM is the best and purest way of playing the game. The LLM forum bans the use of editors however, and since I have started in England's 8th tier for the past couple of versions I've played, my saves are no longer true LLM despite following all the other ethics.

I'm not complaining, it's how it is.

I'm an LLMer, I dunno if you saw my thread. Everybody (well, 1 guy) had a right go at me cause I don't use the job centre (it's just as unrealistic as searching manually for staff). I reckon it's a shame that mods aren't allowed, or at least the acceptance of alternative LLM (e.g. with a mod like yours). The 1 thing I would say is that surely having only 1 country with that much depth (and the rest the normal, shallower version) must make the game unbalanced?

I have no mods whatsoever TCB. The LLM way of doing this is 'as realistically as the game allows'. Unfortunately, the job centre is completely realistic, its true. Hwoever, it is much more realistically than manually searching for staff using attributes, IMHO. The LLM guidelines in the forum are there becaause those who post there are expected to follow them. My update in LLM, therefore, follows tose guidelines: no player naming, no screenshots. They can come here for them. In the same way, I play following them, because 1) I feel that is the most realistic, and thus the most enjoyable, and 2) I like the sense of community that I feel as a member of LLM.

To the latter, if I point you to the top of the thread, where it say which leagues I have loaded, you'll see I have the 'big 5' of European football loaded to their lowest level (Spain, France, Italy, England, Germany) as well as Portugal, Russia, Holland and a few Eastern european leagues, as well as just high leagues on quite a few countries. Further, with experience playing with just England + top parts of other nations, the game doesn't seem to be unbalanced. Yes, there are less foreign players at low divisions, but this is perhaps more realistic. The game makes up for the lack of lower league talent elsewhere by giving more a chance t home-grown lower league alent, in these cases.

The reason I only make an occasional post in LLM is because I play games now with the expanded English league system, which goes against the LLM ethos of no editors or third party updates.

I don't think my game is unbalanced. I have all the UK, top European leagues loaded to two divisions except for Germany because of their arsehole licensing. I have every other playable European nations from the box, top divisions. I also have top divisions from South Africa, China, South Korea, Mexico, USA, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay. Basically, only a few nations playable from the box aren't loaded up. Sure, England has more players... but mostly from the lower end of the scale.

Edit: Most leagues are view only.

It is not elitest in the slightest. The LLM forum has a certain way of playing the game and if you don't play the game in the LLM manner then you would find it difficult to integrate.

I did say IMO. IMO means IN MY OPINION. Which means it is an opinion and is neither right nor wrong. You clearly disagree - which is your right - but don't tell me an opinion is wrong.

I understand exactly what the LLM is all about but instead of enquiring why my opinion is what it is, you make assumptions. Please don't.

Back on topic: Going well in Spain :thup: From memory, Lleida were in the top flight around a decade or so ago.

It seems you took the word you in the wrong context to what I meant it. I didn't mean you specifically as yourself Daz, I meant it as anybody who were or does go into the LLM forum.

On a tangent, an opinion can be wrong if it is based on a 'fact' that is incorrect.

2013/2015 – Lleida Esportiu, Segunda Divisio B Grupo 2

Board expectations: Title Challenge

Media Prediction: 4th

Bookies: 20-1

Season Tickets 1701 (+185)

I started alright, with M’Passi on awesome form, scoring 13 in 11. After 14 games, however:

Mortonoffer.jpg

Despite the wages being £1,300 p/w less, I was sick of the playoff system in Spain, and went with Lleida in 3rd.

• 2 weeks later...

2014/2015 – Greenock Morton, Scottish Division 1

Board expectations: Respectable Position

Media Prediction: 6th

Bookies: N/A

The squad was *****. The team was *****. We were *****- 8th when joined. I dropped from 8th to 10th, before dragging myself to 9th. In January, I slashed the wage budget while signing a few more players, and with a great 4 wins in my last six finally dragged my sorry carcass into 8th. It was... interesting to say the least.

League.jpg

League Positions Graph

Scottish CupA victory (just) against non-league Deveronvale was followed by a loss to Ross County

Transfers I got rid of most of the youth squad, to make some wage budget, as well getting rid of about a quarter of the first team in January. In came some frees and some loans, who did well.

Squad – It was OK, but needs work, particularly cover and another first team Striker.

Finances Terrible. Awful. Needs work desperately. The only way we are going to claw this back is in the cup or by (somehow) winning the league

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

AndyGraham.jpg

MarcPelosi.jpg

1st. English Premier League: Man Utd [ Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal]

2nd. Spanish Liga BBVA: Real Madrid [barcelona, Athletic, Athletico Madrid]

3rd. Italian Serie A: Inter[AC, Napoli, Juventus]

4th. German 1. Bundesliga: Leverkusen [bayern, HSV]

5th. French Ligue 1: Lyon [boulogne, OM]

6th. Portuguese Liga Sagres: Porto [benfica, Sporting]

7th. Russian Prem’er Liga: CSKA [Anji]

8th. Dutch Eredivisie: Ajax [AZ]

9th.Ukrainian Premyer-Liha: Shakhtar [Metalist]

10th. Jupiler Pro League: Standard [Anderlecht]

Champions League: Manchester City 0-1 Bayern Munich

Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam

Europa League: Atletico Madrid 4-0 Roma

Vicente Calderon, Madrid

• 2 weeks later...

2015/2016 – Greenock Morton, Scottish Division 1

Board expectations: Avoid Relegation

Media Prediction: 9th

Bookies: 500-1

Season Tickets: 1010 (-5)

After a 3-0 win at the start of the season, we went 7 games without victory, leaving em fearing for my job. A spirited comeback in the middle of the season, including a mental game against local rivals St. Mirren, in which 17 yellows were flashed helped out. This struck a run of good form, including an amazing 8-0 win over Hamilton . Indeed, so astonishing was this form that after 22 games we were in fact top. Our form remained good, though fluctuating, however thanks to everybody elses awful form, we effectively won the league with three games to go (9 points and 27 goals clear), actually winning following a St. Mirren loss the following week. Somehow, through some skill and a lot of luck – no major injuries, despite no cover at ST or MLR – we had done it!

SD1.jpg

League Positions Graph

Challenge Cup: We went through some lower league teams before a loss to St. Mirren halted our progress.

League Cup: Another early defeat, this time on penalties to Raith

Scottish Cup: A bye into the third round was followed by a win over Peterhead. The perfect draw ensued, at home to Rangers. I went up by two goals, as they went down to 10 men, before they showed their class toward the end of the match, equalising after 85. A replay at Ibrox followed, in which I was utterly and completely dominated, losing 4-0.

Transfers – Out went some old players, some expensive players, and some dross players. In came an excellent striker, left back and some decent youth/backups. Also, you can see some signings for the new season.

Squad – Our two strikers were the lifeblood of the team, scoring 35 league goals between them. Despite out best winger leaving for 2.5 months on international duty (qualifying for the Olympics), we still played excellently, and deserved the win.

Finances[/b] We’ve really been dipped into the poo now. Despite winning the league, our prize money was sucked up by squad bonuses. However, as part of promotion, due to SPL rules, we had to install undersoil heating costing £2.73m plus forcing us to downgrade to a 6000-seater stadium for the first few months of our stay in the SPL. As a result, we have dropped to a miserly £4.5m in the red, with no real money-making device.

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

JakeTaylor.jpg

Ianrobertson.jpg

1st. English Premier League: Arsenal [Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool]

2nd. Spanish Liga BBVA: Barcelona [Athletic, Real Madrid, Valencia]

3rd. Italian Serie A: Juventus [AC Milan, Fiorentina, Palermo]

4th. German 1. Bundesliga: Dortmund [Leverkusen, Bayern]

5th. French Ligue 1: Lyon [PSG, Lens]

6th. Russian Prem’er Liga: CSKA [Zenit, Rubin]

7th. Portuguese Liga Sagres: Porto [sporting]

8th. Ukrainian Premyer-Liha: Metalist [shakhtar]

9th. Dutch Eredivisie: Ajax [FC Twente]

10th. Scottish Premier League: Rangers [Celtic]

Champions League: Real Madrid 4-0 Bayer Leverkusen

Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow

Europa League: Dortmund 2-1 Chelsea

Millenium Stadium, Cardiff

European Championship 2016Hosts: France, Holders: England

Out in Groups: Belgium, Switzerland, Belarus, Israel (3rd), Poland, Turkey (3rd), Ukraine, Wales

Second Round:

Germany 0-1 Scotland

Portugal 1-0 Czech Republic

Netherlands 3-2 France

Sweden 0-1 Spain

Russia 3-0 Ireland

Croatia 1-3e England

Hungary 0-2 Italy

Bulgaria 1-3 Slovakia

Quarter Finals

Scotland 2-4 Portugal

Spain 4-1 Netherlands

England 5-1 Russia

Slovakia 4-0 Italy

Semi Final

Portugal 2-1 Slovakia

Spain 2-1 England

Final

Portugal 1-1p Spain

Stade de France, Saint-Denis

2016/2017 – Greenock Morton, Scottish Premier League

Board expectations: Avoid Relegation

Media Prediction: 12th

Bookies: 1000-1

Season Tickets: 1891 (+881)

With my wage budget trebled from £5k to £16k, I went a bit wild, signing all kinds of players, while keeping myself £5k under budget. The season started with a 3-0 loss to Rangers, before two wins gave me hope. In late August, we were taken over by a Consortium, putting us in the black for the first time in my stint as manager, courtesy of a £5m loan. However, there was. Come October, we weren’t doing too badly, sitting 7th, but my stay in the SPL was about to take a whole new turn.

Sheffield Wedsnesday approached me, and, obviously, off I pootled. Next stop: The Championship.

2016/2017 – Sheffield Wednesday, English Championship

Board expectations: Playoffs

Media Prediction: 5th

Bookies: N/A

Season Tickets: 13,137

Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club, with a massive fanbase. Promoted to the Championship in 2014, the Owls have hovered in mid-table for their two seasons. I started averagely, maintaining the 15th position I took over in. However, the squad was pretty average, and needed a revamp, which will occur in the Summer. This year’s ambition was top-half, at best, with a cup run if I was lucky. We achieved well, reaching a high of twelth toward the end of January. However, an horrendous run of 1 win in 16 to finish the season dropped us back to 17th, two points below where I joined. I really need to work on the squad, particularly the strikeforce.

League1.jpg

League Positions Graph: As you can see, we climbed and then fell. A disappointing end of the season.

Carling Cup:[/b] Out before I joined, nothing to see here.

FA Cup: A poor home 4th round loss to Huddersfield ended any chance at a cup run.

Transfers: Some out, some in. ThankGod Babatunde looks amazing once he gets a work permit.

Squad: Meh. Loads of players will go, and I need a lot of replacements.

Finances: Yay, Financial issues. We’ve been here before.

Prospects:[/b] Gareth Smith looks very promising, coming through this season. I’ll give him some playing time. (Report). My Young Player of the Year, Dorian Westwood, played well, and is one to watch in future seasons.

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR: and FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

MOconnor.jpg

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR: dorianwestwood.jpg

Archived