[Release] Channel Island Database

Made Of Stone

I have created the league and cup competitions for both Jersey and Guernsey, although there are no inter-islands competitions yet, there are something I hope to release soon with the help of the advanced editor. I have always created national sides for both islands,whom compete in the European Championship qualifiers from the start.

The competitions in the database are as followed:

Jersey:

Dandara Premiership

Dandara Championship

Jersey Combination (Reserve leagues) 1,2 and 3 (C teams)

Le Riche Cup (Main Cup)

Charity Cup (League Cup)

PW Touzel Memorial Trophy (Championship Cup)

Dog Club Trophy (Main Reserve Cup)

G4S Trophy (C team Cup)

Lady Bingham Trophy (Reserve Cup)

Guernsey:

Sure Mobile Division 1

Sure Mobile Division 2 (Mainly made up of reserve teams)

Under 18 Development League

Guernsey FA Cup

Charity Cup (League Cup)

Rawlinson Cup

Frederick Martinez Cup (Super Cup)

HE Mauger Cup (Second Division Cup)

Also in the file:

I have found the vast majority of stadium info although capacities are hard to come. Most home kits are correct, however if anyone has any further info please let me know.

Players such as Brett Pitman, James Queree, Daryl Clare and Peter Vincenti will have their fist nationality set as Jersian with English as their second nationality and Adam Le Fondre has Jersey set as his second nationality, qualifying through his grandparents I believe. Chris Tadiff and Ryan Zico-Black have Guernsian first nationality also. Players at Portuguese Club and Jersey Scottish will have authentic names plus second nationality of their respected nations. I have also included some legends for both islands.

Languages will be set as English 100% with around 40% on each Island being able to speak French. I will also add the regional Jèrriais, Guernésiais and Sercquiais Languages as small percentages on their respective islands.

Real life media.

Known issues:

The reputation of the clubs is probably a little high, with the highest rating being 700, although there are many clubs with much lower. The high reps have been included so that Jersian and Guernsian clubs can compete with Europe's other minnows such as Andorra and San Marino.

Authentic player names, most of the names generated are English/British sounding unfortunately. I did try created a future regen file full of names, but sadly this did not work. Perhaps for the next build I will try and create players for each club and get a good pool of names going. If anyone has player lists that would be great, as I have found these hard to come by.

No cross island comps - Again something I hope to build on with the advanced editor, including a fully working Muratti Vase.

I have some graphics like the national team kits and logos/flag. However In would also like these for t6he clubs, but being terrible with the graphical side of things I wonder if anyone could help me? Kits don't have to be real other than colours and have managed to collect a number of logos if somebody could convert them? maybe into metallic form.

Finally I would like to create Guernsey F.C. the proposed side entering the English non-league pyramid from next season. However that would mean recreating the English non-league, so may have to appear in future versions.

Database: http://www.sendspace.com/file/g0cuuc

** Both files should be loaded together to work properly.

Working Muratti Vase:

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss173/NoelGallagher94/Channel%20Isl/MurattiFinal.jpg?t=1298322094

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss173/NoelGallagher94/Channel%20Isl/MurattiFinalScore.jpg?t=1298322073

Created in the advanced Editor, only issue I have with it so far is that it appears underneath the club European competitions list rather than the international, but that's only cosmetic so I'm not too upset!

I just used two of the defunct nations as usual with creating new nations. Burma was one of them, I'd need to check the other at some point when I get round to it.

Adding new nations entirely won't work, as you can't add nation rules or advanced rules to them.

Edit: the other team was CIS.

I just used two of the defunct nations as usual with creating new nations. Burma was one of them, I'd need to check the other at some point when I get round to it.

Adding new nations entirely won't work, as you can't add nation rules or advanced rules to them.

Edit: the other team was CIS.

How did you do that??? I thought you can't edit continents? and you need to edit the continent to add nation rules? Explain...

How did you do that??? I thought you can't edit continents? and you need to edit the continent to add nation rules? Explain...

I don't quite get what you mean? I just added the continent to the defunct nation. So took Burma and CIS, changed them to Guernsey and Jersey and set their continents to Europe.

I think I've noticed a problem......I asked the board to turn pro mid way through the first season, and they said they would at the end of the season. I'm now into the third season, and I'm still amateur. Has this been noticed yet?

• 1 month later...

So I've finally come to finishing off the second version of the database, however since patching to 11.3 neither file will load and I get a crash dump are databases created on previous patches unusable on the new patch, or does it create a conflict between the two xml's? Either way it worked fine on the last patch and now not at all. Even managed to create a kit and logo pack to go with it so I'm eager to get it fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

The xml's won't load since the new patch, at least not together, but they've been made as such so you can't play one without the other, so unless I can find a fix I'm not sure!

okay. go through the xml in notepad. and find, there will be a new team with a UID that is the same as another in the other file. that is why so you will have to make them again i think thats the only way round it

If you can't work out how to get both nations working together, could you make them both be part of a new nation - Channel Islands? I know this isn't realistic, but it would be cool to play with a new national team representing the whole of the Channel Islands.

okay. go through the xml in notepad. and find, there will be a new team with a UID that is the same as another in the other file. that is why so you will have to make them again i think thats the only way round it

The team I used were teams already in the database, defunct former sides, I did that so I could assign graphics without the UID swapping. Would the same apply to leagues, cups, players etc?

If you can't work out how to get both nations working together, could you make them both be part of a new nation - Channel Islands? I know this isn't realistic, but it would be cool to play with a new national team representing the whole of the Channel Islands.

I could do, although I'm not sure whether I have the energy to create this all again...plus it depends on whether or not multiple xml's can run...if not, then I'm not so sure as I have several I like to use in conjunction with each other.

If you recreate the rules using the advanced editor you will be able to just merge the files and have everything in one file.

So I could keep all my data that way I take it? Although can you load advanced rule files with other nation/advanced rules?

yeah i would say so

Some of the competitions were conflicting, however even after removing these in one of the files, I go to load up the game and Guernsey has an exclamation mark next to it and is unelectable from the leagues men. Close to giving up now, as all worked fine with 11.2. I'm not sure how Si can let something like this go amiss, looking like a game breaker right now as I enjoy playing with several custom files.

So I could keep all my data that way I take it? Although can you load advanced rule files with other nation/advanced rules?

As long as you haven't edited the same item into different things on each file, merging two advanced editor files keeps all the stuff you put using it, essentially making it possible to have more than one custom league on the same file. With the problems with running several xmls at the same time with 11.3, that's what I've been doing with my files - I've managed so far to have Albania, Andorra, San Marino, Montenegro and Moldova all in the same file and working.

As long as you haven't edited the same item into different things on each file, merging two advanced editor files keeps all the stuff you put using it, essentially making it possible to have more than one custom league on the same file. With the problems with running several xmls at the same time with 11.3, that's what I've been doing with my files - I've managed so far to have Albania, Andorra, San Marino, Montenegro and Moldova all in the same file and working.

Nice one mate, I will give it ago. So for example I'm also working on will be working on a fantasy MLS expansion, could I create that in the advanced rules then merge it with my channel islands file and everything would work as required?

Cheers mate, did think or releasing a United Ireland database but all my time has thus far been taken up with this and a fantasy MLS expansion..which so far is appearing rather difficult.

Basically the original release of this was spread across two files that needed to be loaded in conjunction with one another, one for Guernsey and another for Jersey, all worked fine on the previous patches but since the update it seems the game doesn't reassign unique id's when using multiple xml's which causes a crash. Absolute terrible error to overlook, a very poor show by SI in my opinion; it really is spoiling my FM 2011 experience.

Seems to me that SI really doesn't care to fix the editor after 11.3 crapped the bed (e.g., it took a user to fix the tab key issue when SI wouldn't take 5 seconds and release an official patch).

Now that you explain the UID problems you've been having, that makes sense with some of the things I've had problems with when re-making the US and Canada (I add a lot of cities and the UIDs have been appearing in different countries, which is mildly problematic, hehe). All in all, I'm quite disappointed with FM 2011 the game and FM 2011 the editor. I guess I shouldn't have broken my every-other-year rule.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived