FM11: Danny Wilson

ArsenalFan7

Danny Wilson

Danny-Wilson_2479600.jpg

Daniel "Danny" Wilson (born 27 December 1991 in Livingston, Scotland) is a Scottish footballer who currently plays as a centre back for Premier League club Liverpool and the Scottish national side.

Wilson has represented Scotland throughout various underage levels, including captaining the U-19 national football team and currently features for the U-21 national football team. On 8 November 2010, Wilson was called up to the senior team for the first time by manager Craig Levein for a friendly with the Faroe Islands on 16 November. He started the match and scored the opening goal in the 24th minute.

dannywilsonprofileattri.png

dannywilsonprofileattri.png

I picked up Danny Wilson off of Liverpool for a brilliant £2.2million in January 2011, this came as a huge shock to me considering he only joined Liverpool from Rangers in the summer, clearly though sitting in the reserves set him off and I got myself a huge bargain.

Wilson possesses some brilliant attributes for a CB and even has some good attributes for a ball playing defender such as creativity and passing, personally I prefer him as a central defender set to cover, in this role he managed to get an average of 7.27 from 20 games last season, this season as you can see from the average he is proving even more useful. It's clear to me that Danny will go onto become one of the top defenders around and an asset to the Scotland national side.

Positions

Defender Centre - Natural,

Defender Left - Accomplished

Sweeper - Competent

Defender Right - Unconvincing

Left Wing Back - Unconvincing

Feet

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Reasonable

Preferred Moves

Tries long range passes

Potential Ability:

A good defender, but also a very good footballer with his attributes of 15 in passing and creativity. Could be very effective used as a ball playing defender. If I were to ever play a 5-3-2 formation with a sweeper and wing backs, he'd fit in very well in a libero role as sweeper. In fact, I'm going to go and work on that as a tactic now :D

I'll try and develop something like this formation, which was popular in Italy during the 60's :D. Probably the Zona Mista variation, which might be a bit more suitable for modern day football.

That could work very well with Wilson, I'm not a huge fan of sweepers though myself so I don't think I'll give that a try unless I move to Italy

It could work extremely well though, aren't you Barcelona though? Surely using a formation like that with them would be mad

I think I'll be starting a new game and using the editor transferring Wilson over to a team either in Serie A or the Premier League

A good defender, but also a very good footballer with his attributes of 15 in passing and creativity. Could be very effective used as a ball playing defender. If I were to ever play a 5-3-2 formation with a sweeper and wing backs, he'd fit in very well in a libero role as sweeper. In fact, I'm going to go and work on that as a tactic now :D

I'll try and develop something like this formation, which was popular in Italy during the 60's :D. Probably the Zona Mista variation, which might be a bit more suitable for modern day football.

Sweeper was always a position I always loved the idea of and seeing the position played well irl....but I could almost never seem to make it work for me on FM. Only once on FM08 with an Arsenal team did I ever have any success playing with an out and out sweeper. So good luck to you bringing back catenaccio :thup:

Nice to see a young Scots player rated so highly on the game and there seem to be a couple this time round, tried to grab Wilson on loan for my Blackpool save but he wouldn't consider it during the first season, maybe if he's still in the Liverpool reserves might get him next season to make up the Scottish spine of my team behind Griffiths and Adam, he'd certainly be a vast improvement on my current defence anyway.

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

If you sign a player on loan does the days he spends at your club count towards becoming home grown at club?

Just that I'm looking to sign Wilson on loan for the first season then sign him permanently at the start of the second season.

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

If you sign a player on loan does the days he spends at your club count towards becoming home grown at club?

Just that I'm looking to sign Wilson on loan for the first season then sign him permanently at the start of the second season.

It will as its still in the uk if you are with our mob!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i had a rather remarkable game with danny wilson. In my Liverpool save i was down to sunderland on the road. Mind you, this is about 2013 in the save. Danny Wilson decided to win the game for me.

[video=youtube;oFR_oBtoDV8]

He supplanted Agger, Carrager and Skrtel in my Liverpool side. Arguably the best CB you can get if you're a UK side. Partner him with Phil Jones and you're set for the next 10 years.

He's a pretty solid defender in my game. I grabbed him in 2013 after he became unhappy at The Pool, for a bargain sum of 1.8 million. After 90 games in 2 years at my title winning Arsenal side, some of my regens ended up better than him. So off he went to newly rich Newcastle for 19 million. He hasn't done quite so well there, but he's still a solid centerback. Strong, smart, and both fast and good at tackling enough to use in a high line. Plus the kid can pass the ball, which is always a bonus.

Archived