The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2010

The Minsterman

http://www.filefront.com/17337719/The-Official-sortitousi.net-Update-2010-V1.zip/ - Latest Version

It is that time of year again and it would appear the data editing bug has bitten me for what must be around the fifth or sixth year running now, however, I am pleased to announce officially that I intend to return with another installation this summer. Some of you may remember my updates from way back when they were simply known as TheMinsterman Updates, never fear the sortitoutsi.net Updates are exactly the same, just with a different name!

I have been working slower than I would like on this years edition due to my recent enrollment at University for a second time but I now have a whole summer to dedicate to my update.

So what sort of thing can you look forward to this time around?

Transfers

The same old dedication to getting the world as accurate as possible, although of course time constraints does dictate that not every country can be updated, it is a crying shame I admit but I am only one man. The good news is, however, that now you, the humble downloader, can put that right. Ever wanted me to update a league that you love but I just haven't had the time? Well with the dawn of the new FM Editor it is now possible for you to create a file to run alongside the data update which you can add transfers to yourself, so if I miss anything out with a simple creation of a new file you can add the transfers you want into the game without having the hassle of doing them all. I will, of course, endeavour to do as many as I can but I am only human.

Player Cleansing

I will be looking to get players cleansed once again, possibly not to the same level as last years update but the top levels of most of the major leagues will at least be definitely cleansed if not others. Cleansing is the simple process of changing players joining dates so that you can ship out players without being told "They only just joined so are off nowhere". It is a long process and a simple game mechanic but it is one that imo adds to the experience.

New Leagues

I am, where possible, looking to add new leagues to the update, the main example would be the new Dutch Third Division after a restructuring of their league system, other countries may also find themselves with some new leagues although I am looking to ensure most of the independent league updates released on the scene are compatible but I cannot guarantee it.

Current and Potential Abilities

I can confirm that I will be changing players statistics in my updates, but before those of you who dislike this recoil in horror and get turned off the update at the very suggestion I am pleased to announce that you will have the option to play with the original Sports Interactive player statistics or with my update player statistics, I will not force you to play with mine and you will be perfectly able to play with the original statistics. Something for everyone!

Anything Else?

Yes, I am pleased to announce that the Official sortitoutsi.net Update now has its own facebook fan page. Become a fan and you can receive screen shots and updates on progress via facebook, I know a lot of you will probably check there more than on here so you can have access to the news and discuss the update there too!

The Official sortitoutsi.net Update Facebook Group

Coming Soon

Updates will be forthcoming and available in this thread. For now, adiós amigos. One final note.... there is no set release date and as always I do not tend to release my updates early and you will, most likely, need to wait until the transfer window closes.

A quick word of advice also, if you wish to contribute information to this project please follow this simply formula below :

Team Name

Player Name (Team they have arrive from and the fee paid for them or whether they are on loan and the duration of the loan)

So, for example...

FC Barcelona

David Villa (Valencia 40m Euros)

Ciao.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Minsterman,

I would suggest that you also follow my thread here: Transfers and updates thread , where I post all news I find about transfers and updates. You can also find links to usefull football-news websites in there.

I also have a question for you allready. How are you going to publish both the new Dutch leagues and the transfer update? Joined in one file, or as seperate files? I would suggest doing them apart, as that gives people more options for their game on what files to use. I can help getting the right information for you, as I am Dutch, and thus am a native speaker, so I can read all the files the KNVB will publish regarding this league and it's rules.

Good luck with updating, and nice to have your update back. :thup:

Hi Minsterman,

I would suggest that you also follow my thread here: Transfers and updates thread , where I post all news I find about transfers and updates. You can also find links to usefull football-news websites in there.

I also have a question for you allready. How are you going to publish both the new Dutch leagues and the transfer update? Joined in one file, or as seperate files? I would suggest doing them apart, as that gives people more options for their game on what files to use. I can help getting the right information for you, as I am Dutch, and thus am a native speaker, so I can read all the files the KNVB will publish regarding this league and it's rules.

Good luck with updating, and nice to have your update back. :thup:

Hi Jorgen,

The update will be large collection of separate files to give players maximum customisability, they can either activate them all or choose which ones they'd prefer to use. So leagues will be selectable, transfers will be and so on.

Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to give the thread a good run over.

The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2010 is looking for beta testers!

I am looking to recruit a small band of beta testers to help weed out any inaccuracies in this years data update. your job will be to hunt down any errors in the database and report them back to me. Be warned, this is not an opportunity to simply get the database early and never contact me again, anybody who fails to report back errors will be removed from the team immediately. I am not going to stop you playing with the database, but please remember your primary role is to find faults.

If you feel as though you are willing to help out in this capacity then please PM me here or on sortitoutsi.net.

• 5 weeks later...

For those of you who are still interested, the work on the update goes steadily along and hasn't been given up. As ever don't expect a release before the window shuts (which probably explains the lack of activity!). If anybody wants screenshots etc they are welcome to request them.

has this been released?
For those of you who are still interested, the work on the update goes steadily along and hasn't been given up. As ever don't expect a release before the window shuts (which probably explains the lack of activity!). If anybody wants screenshots etc they are welcome to request them.

I hope this answers your question. :)

I say it everytime when editors tell me about the repeating work they have to do: some things can be done by using macros.

Though I haven't a clue about how to use them, or even if they can be usefull for you, but Stevenhp used a macro for changing hundreds / thousands of player nationalities automaticly.

Perhaps you can contact him, and ask if he can explain on how you can benefit from macros.

That could well be very useful Jorgen, having something that went in for example and erased ALL loan statuses would be a god send and a massive time saver. How recently was this performed? by Stevenhp? Well, more how active is he to get a response from?

Also, everybody...

Expect an announcement on the release date for the sortitoutsi.net Update 2010 tomorrow.

The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2010 Release Date Annnouncement

Without further a due I am please to announce the official release date for the the Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2010 will be Friday 10th September 2010. As always I like to wait for transfer activity to cease before releasing the update and this year will be no different, I cannot confirm a time on this date but I expect it to be mid to late afternoon.

The update will be continued to be patched and updated following its release to amend any errors and expand into other areas of the globe where possible!

I look forward to your feedback as always and to finally play the game myself for the first time in months!

That could well be very useful Jorgen, having something that went in for example and erased ALL loan statuses would be a god send and a massive time saver. How recently was this performed? by Stevenhp? Well, more how active is he to get a response from?

Also, everybody...

Expect an announcement on the release date for the sortitoutsi.net Update 2010 tomorrow.

Hi Minsterman,

Stevenhp1987 hasn't posted here since 17-6, but he was very active and also had very good knowledge of both the normal and advanced editors. I believe he had a lot to do for school. If you PM him, he should receive an e-mail of that in his e-mail, I think? There are other people here to, that I suggested to contact him. I think he helped Kingrobbo with that too. Perhaps you could ask him about the macro's, or start a new topic about them. The scripts / macros (is that the same?) he used, that I remember, where used to find ID's of players from different nations, and to mass-edit the nationalities of players from England, Scotland, Northern-Ireland and Wales to Great Brittain. This is one of the topics in which he describes on what he did. Perhaps it can help you.

With the close of the trasnfer window today work begins on players transfers and loans etc as well as club finances and so on. Injuries, loans etc have been removed mostly across Europe and other areas. No player cleansing has been able to be done due to time constraints I am afraid, this may be amended in patches but considering the tedious nature of this I cannot guarantee this.

Brilliant, I've loved your previous updates.

A tad random requests, but can you make sure that Grays Athletic get placed in the correct division, they've been in the BSS in every update I've seen so far, and they shouldn't be, they resigned from the league - they should be in the Ryman League Division 1 North, basically, they shouldn't be a playable team.

Brilliant mate, really looking forward to this, any news on release date? Apologies, if you've already answered that numerous times.

It was one little thing that's annoyed me with all the other data updates, I've used your previous ones and they've been super so I'm sure this will be the same :)

Archived