+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 45 of 45

Thread: FM10 = Goals Galore!

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2007
    Location
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!
    Posts
    643

    Default FM10 = Goals Galore!

    What I don't get is that on FM09 you would rarely get 6-4 thrillers, maybe once in 3 seasons?

    Yet I've only done 2 seasons on FM10 and maybe once or twice you would see 7-2 or 4-5 thrillers every month in EPL.

    Thrillers do happen but not as often as this, and I hope SI sort this out in the next patch and 7/10 one on ones are saved which is too much.

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Worthing (near Brighton)
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    are these your games or others?

    ive had loads of thrillers just had 2 6-0s in a row, had a 4-1 and and 8-1 2 games before that

    the thing is im just awesome at the game :P lol

  3. #3
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    18th August 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    I see more 4-3's than 0-0's but thats because I manage like erm...keegan. I can't believe I just said that.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2007
    Location
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Majority of the the thrillers I'm not apart of that game. Maybe I'll be involved in one thriller a season. I tend to make my defense solid at what ever club I'm managing, and rarely concede 3,4 or 5 goals in one game.

  5. #5
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2killzone View Post
    I see more 4-3's than 0-0's but thats because I manage like erm...keegan. I can't believe I just said that.
    Does that mean you'll walk out when the going gets a bit tough?

    On topic, i can't say i've noticed tbh, but no doubt i'll be looking out for it now.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Thumbs down Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!



    One world; ridicculous.

  7. #7
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post


    One world; ridicculous.
    Before claiming it's ridiculous, lets see a tactics screen.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    19th June 2009
    Location
    I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Posts
    18,486

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    Before claiming it's ridiculous, lets see a tactics screen.
    I can see Rooney in goal

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    3rd July 2007
    Location
    VALE-on-Trent
    Posts
    5,546

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post


    One world; ridicculous.
    Either a photoshop job or you played the youth team.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th July 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    There's far too many goals in this game. I thought the newest patch would solve this problem but it hasn't

    So far my games have all had atleast 4 goals or more, and im 16 games into the season. I give up as it's just not realistic.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suge View Post
    Either a photoshop job or you played the youth team.
    I would never play with either of those teams. I hate both of them with my full heart and soul.
    I've also seen Real Madrid winning Besiktas 9-0 in UCL and loads of that kind of results in Premiership. No question about it; something is really wrong with this game.

  12. #12
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    4,099

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Ignoring the fact that Besiktas actually did lose a CL game 8-0 not that long and Wigan lost a Premier League game 9-0, you have to take on board the vast number of games that are played in Football Manager in comparison to real life. If you went to a bookies and asked for odds on Barca to win 10-0 against Manchester United they'd probably quote odds of about 5,000-1, maybe even 10,000-1. Now factor in the amount of times this game has taken place in FM, probably thousands upon thousands across the world from the vast amount of people who play the game. And lo and behold, its happened, if indeed that is a geniune Man Utd team in that screenshot and someone's decided to post it - have you seen anyone else posting a screen of Man Utd losing 10-0? I haven't - that's the law of probability right before your eyes.

    I've seen goal analysis over many seasons in many leagues in FM and its pretty much on the money of around 2.6, 2.7 goals per game. We're talking a huge sample here, not just a handful of games.

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    19th June 2009
    Location
    I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Posts
    18,486

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    But to be fair, I haven't seen this as much anymore with the 10.2 patch

  14. #14
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    4,099

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Actually scratch those massive odds I posted on a hypothetical 10-0. A cursory look at William Hills website shows that Everton are a measly 300-1 to beat Man City 10-0 this weekend.

    Should know by now that bookies aren't that generous

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    19th June 2009
    Location
    I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Posts
    18,486

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    Actually scratch those massive odds I posted on a hypothetical 10-0. A cursory look at William Hills website shows that Everton are a measly 300-1 to beat Man City 10-0 this weekend.

    Should know by now that bookies aren't that generous

    LOL

    But in current form, I bet City are like 25-1 to beat Everton 10-0

  16. #16
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    4,099

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Tevez for a triple hat-trick??

    By the looks of it every team are 300-1 to win 10-0 with Will Hill this weekend, that includes Burnley at Old Trafford. Once a score hits around 7-0 everything beyond that appears to get a 300-1 quote. But that's beside the point, blanket analysis on 10.2 shows that goals are around the 2.6, 2.7 per game average.

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!






    I've seen nothing to suggest "goals galore." Maybe it's just too easy to play with the big clubs.

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2007
    Location
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    @ Djibril's bird post, You must have a very consistent defence what patch you using?

  19. #19
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    I did an analysis of goals to shots ratio in my current game (Barcelona) up to Dec 30 2010 for the Go Superkeepers!! thread on here, comparing it to the real life situation. In the game the average score was 2.3-0.45 in my favour in real life with the same amount of games played it averaged 2.0-0.55 for Barcelona. I didn't use the Spanish cup or either of the two super cups in my analysis, thinking proper compeditive games would be more useful. At season end I plan to run another comparison, using historical data for real Barcelona (as I'll be finished the season in a few days). I will also analyse some of the other Spanish clubs and a selection from the other leagues I've being using.

  20. #20
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    4,099

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shanahan View Post
    I did an analysis of goals to shots ratio in my current game (Barcelona) up to Dec 30 2010 for the Go Superkeepers!! thread on here, comparing it to the real life situation. In the game the average score was 2.3-0.45 in my favour in real life with the same amount of games played it averaged 2.0-0.55 for Barcelona. I didn't use the Spanish cup or either of the two super cups in my analysis, thinking proper compeditive games would be more useful. At season end I plan to run another comparison, using historical data for real Barcelona (as I'll be finished the season in a few days). I will also analyse some of the other Spanish clubs and a selection from the other leagues I've being using.
    I noticed that post - good to see an attempt to look at the bigger picture and produce some proper analysis of the game

  21. #21
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin_ellis_19 View Post
    @ Djibril's bird post, You must have a very consistent defence what patch you using?
    10.2. My defence was a joke at times . Thankfully brought in Sol Campbell on a 7k p/w contract which brought some much needed stability. Actually, the thing that made the real difference was a quick parent/feeder link w/ arsenal. I could pick up gibbs, hoyte, barazite and emmanuel-thomas for free.

    Biggest annoyance was that jordan held takeover talks the entire season with a hungarian millionaire that spanned september '09 to june '10 and in the end it fell through. gutted, really.

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    You're forgetting one fact; irl players often quit trying when they're losing the game. Wigan's defence just stood at the end of the game against Tottenham. In FM teams never stop trying to play.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2003
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    In my experience there is definitely a problem with the sheer amount of goals scored, but it only seems to happen in the division you are managing in and in games that don't involve your team.

    I have just finished my first full season with patch 10.2 and it is ridiculous the amount of times I have seen teams score 5+ goals each week in my division. My games seem to be balanced enough but all-AI matches have well over 3 goals per game on average, as apposed to real life games were it typically works out at around 2.5.

    In my latest season, over half the teams in the league (playing in the Championship) scored 70+ goals with even the bottom club scoring 73 - not to mention Ched Evans finishing top scorer with 43 goals! Also I finished in 8th and had the best defensive record conceding 45 goals, with the next best conceding 55.

    League One and League Two on the other hand paint a much more realistic picture with only 8 clubs out of the entire 2 divisions reaching 70+ league goals over the season. Also the top scorer in each of the leagues managed a respectable 25 goals, a realistic total in my book.

    As I say, there doesn't appear to be a problem with user controlled teams, but there is definitely an imbalance here when compared with the amount of goals in AI games in your own division.

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by ss03 View Post
    In my experience there is definitely a problem with the sheer amount of goals scored, but it only seems to happen in the division you are managing in and in games that don't involve your team.

    I have just finished my first full season with patch 10.2 and it is ridiculous the amount of times I have seen teams score 5+ goals each week in my division. My games seem to be balanced enough but all-AI matches have well over 3 goals per game on average, as apposed to real life games were it typically works out at around 2.5.

    In my latest season, over half the teams in the league (playing in the Championship) scored 70+ goals with even the bottom club scoring 73 - not to mention Ched Evans finishing top scorer with 43 goals! Also I finished in 8th and had the best defensive record conceding 45 goals, with the next best conceding 55.

    League One and League Two on the other hand paint a much more realistic picture with only 8 clubs out of the entire 2 divisions reaching 70+ league goals over the season. Also the top scorer in each of the leagues managed a respectable 25 goals, a realistic total in my book.

    As I say, there doesn't appear to be a problem with user controlled teams, but there is definitely an imbalance here when compared with the amount of goals in AI games in your own division.

    This was my 2009/10 CCC season... I sorted it from most goals scored, and it clearly shows what you called "a much more realistic picture" - only 9 clubs had 70+ goals. Tamas Priskin won Top Goalscorer with 30 goals for Ipswich. I'm not sure why your's is so unrealistic compared to mine.


  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th November 2006
    Location
    Aigburth
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    I play defensively so disagree. I see a lot of 1-0's. FM09 was ridiculous for goals. Almost all my games ended 6-5 or so.

  26. #26
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    ..Glory Hunting since 1976.
    Posts
    3,817

    Talking Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post


    One world; ridicculous.
    One word - "LOL" !

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st January 2006
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by djibril'sbird View Post
    This was my 2009/10 CCC season... I sorted it from most goals scored, and it clearly shows what you called "a much more realistic picture" - only 9 clubs had 70+ goals. Tamas Priskin won Top Goalscorer with 30 goals for Ipswich. I'm not sure why your's is so unrealistic compared to mine.

    Yet there's one team with over 100 goals scored and one with over 100 conceeded. That's not in any way realistic. It's not a one off either. Look in the table's from Championship-League Two in Dafuge's challange, it's EVERY season with goals per game being around the 3.00 mark which is stupidly unrealistic.

  28. #28
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th July 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    I've only played 3 seasons so far - all of them in the Danish Premier League and so far these are the average goals pr game for my team for each season:

    2009/10 = 89 goals in 33 matches = 2,69 per match
    2010/2011 = 85 goals in 33 matches = 2,57 per match
    2011/2012 = 108 goals in 33 matches = 3,27 per match

    I'd definately say that the two first season were quite realistic in terms of goals, as I haven't really noticed that huge a difference from my matches compared to the AI matches. The last season the number of goals was quite a bit higher, which however seemed to be down to the fact that the two relegated teams were atrociously bad, and were humiliated in most of the matches they played. The other matches seemed realistic enough imo. I am curious now though, to see how the new season will develop in terms of the number of scored goals.

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Why are some of you talking about realism. You're missing the fact that finishing is worse than IRL and goalkeepers generally play better than IRL. Amount of chances and really poor defending and closing down are major issues that SI should really sort out.

    I've scored about 2-3 goals per game and conceded about 0,5 per game. If things would be like IRL, with these amount of chances my team would score at least 5 goals per game and concede 2-3 per game at least. There has been games where my defence has lost every one on one battles for really poor attacking players and made so many mistakes and still conceded zero.

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th January 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Lol at Barcelona 10-0 post.. I was playing with Liverpool on a network game, and during pre-season I beat a team (think they were Scotish 1st/2nd division) 15-0!
    The keepers have to be amazing because the defence is so messed up.. hopefully it will be fixed

    Last edited by Josheh; 17-01-2010 at 02:49.

  31. #31
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco_Orient View Post
    Yet there's one team with over 100 goals scored and one with over 100 conceeded. That's not in any way realistic. It's not a one off either. Look in the table's from Championship-League Two in Dafuge's challange, it's EVERY season with goals per game being around the 3.00 mark which is stupidly unrealistic.
    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/overview.html

    WBA has 24 games played this season thus far, and have 49 goals tallied up. Is it really inconceivable that if they scored 49 in 24 that they could also score 52 in the remaining 22?

    Also, Scunthorpe have already conceded 45 in 24, and Peterborough 43 in 24. They're both on course to finished with nearly 90. I dont think youre basing your opinion on anything but what you think it should be. The championship table right now suggests that my table is quite realistic...

    EDIT:

    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/glsforavg.html

    Also, this table shows that each team's avg goals scored and conceded per match. Just going down the table here...

    WBA - Gpals For Avg 2.04, Goals Against Avg 1.04
    Cardiff - 1.79, 1.16
    Newcastle - 1.62, .58

    So those three teams see somewhere between 2-3 goals per match. MANY of the other teams in the division also see somewhere around 2.5 gpm.
    Last edited by djibril'sbird; 16-01-2010 at 13:05.

  32. #32
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th October 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    I won 12-1... I wasn't even very happy because the result was just ridiculous....


  33. #33
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Just finished season with Valencia and what was really inlogical was how Real Madrid played. Team scored 117 goals in La Liga and conceded 14. If they play that attacking football shouldn't they allow opposition hit them on a break? It just stupid that these things happen.

  34. #34
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st January 2006
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by djibril'sbird View Post
    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/overview.html

    WBA has 24 games played this season thus far, and have 49 goals tallied up. Is it really inconceivable that if they scored 49 in 24 that they could also score 52 in the remaining 22?

    Also, Scunthorpe have already conceded 45 in 24, and Peterborough 43 in 24. They're both on course to finished with nearly 90. I dont think youre basing your opinion on anything but what you think it should be. The championship table right now suggests that my table is quite realistic...

    EDIT:

    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/glsforavg.html

    Also, this table shows that each team's avg goals scored and conceded per match. Just going down the table here...

    WBA - Gpals For Avg 2.04, Goals Against Avg 1.04
    Cardiff - 1.79, 1.16
    Newcastle - 1.62, .58

    So those three teams see somewhere between 2-3 goals per match. MANY of the other teams in the division also see somewhere around 2.5 gpm.
    No, I'm basing it on the Football League over the past 10 or so years.

    Fact is, Championship, League One and League Two see 100+ conceeded or scored. Is a one of season realistic? Yes. Could happen. Is every season realistic? No.

  35. #35
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Thumbs down Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Especially my UCL games seem to be jokes. First knockout round: Inter - Benfica 2-3 <- Yeah okay result from two matches but the amount of chances... Just rubbish, defenders couldn't hold any players and both goalies played excellent games. And then agains Juventus in Quarter finals won 6-4. Juventus has maybe the best defence in the world in my game but didn't matter. In second leg both Saviola and Cardozo could have scored at least 5 goals, Saviola scored once and Cardozo three times... And Del Piero with pace of 8 scored from clear cut chance.

  36. #36
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!



    Yeah this was the last game with this patch. Defenders practically help strikers score goals. Could have scored 15 goals in that game and Real could have done the same, lets face it, it's broken very broken.

  37. #37
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    18th August 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Its definately the year of the striker. In 11 seasons I have had 11 0-0 draws. One of those seasons I had 5 0-0's. Most seasons I don't have any.

  38. #38
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    It's no surprise when marking is like that:


  39. #39
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th November 2008
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    in my current save, i'm ending the 3rd season, and I had only 1 game that finished 0-0, including friendly games also and i played around 150 games.

    Usually the score is 2-1...or close to this.

    Does it make any importance if you see match in details, or just key? Will you have more shots when watching a match with more details?

    I use a standard, or defensive tactic when playing away, and attacking when playing home. Of course, I adjust it based on the score....but rarely went overload or 4-2-4.

    I was watching other people results in different post screens on different threads and saw only a few 0-0 counted in all of those screens.
    for example,in the crystal palace screen above, you don't have any 0-0 in more then 25 games.

    cheers

  40. #40
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    18th August 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
    It's no surprise when marking is like that:

    Yeah, they are a bit clueless at the back.

    Ive switched to zonal marking so they dont leave such big holes but they seem to do what they like anyway. I also tell them to keep a high line yet as soon as we lose possesion they run to hold hands with the goalie.

  41. #41
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    I've also noticed that when the ball leaves passer's foot the attacking player moves a lot to get to it, defenders don't move at all or if they do they do it into wrong direction! It's like they're making more space for the attacking player who is receiving the pass on purpose.
    I've got Sakho and David Luiz ac CB's both have 18 for marking but still can't mark a player who has 12 of the ball attribute. Still the match engine "forgives" many of these errors and after 11 rounds in Liga Sagres, I've conceded zero goals! But still my defence is a joke... For example we conceded 4 goals against Marseille in UCL.

    I've got one great example of this "making space for striker" would someone in SI like to see it? Where can I send .pkm?
    Last edited by El Payaso; 19-01-2010 at 17:28.

  42. #42
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!



    Once again. In UCL CSKA Moscow's defence gifted us a free goal.

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2007
    Location
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2killzone View Post
    Yeah, they are a bit clueless at the back.

    Ive switched to zonal marking so they dont leave such big holes but they seem to do what they like anyway. I also tell them to keep a high line yet as soon as we lose possesion they run to hold hands with the goalie.
    Zonal marking helps me out. Currently with Spurs, Basson normal defender and King being a Limited defender defending. Just kept 3 cleans sheets in a row wining all of the games.

  44. #44
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin_ellis_19 View Post
    Zonal marking helps me out. Currently with Spurs, Basson normal defender and King being a Limited defender defending. Just kept 3 cleans sheets in a row wining all of the games.
    I've played 14 games in row with clean sheet and still ain't happy about my defence. They're pretty much losing every 1 on 1 battle even though they're fast, strong and have great defending attributes. And watch those screenies I've added. There is a really bad problem with defending...

  45. #45
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th January 2010
    Posts
    2,118

    Default Re: FM10 = Goals Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyoldinho View Post
    I can see Rooney in goal
    If you check Rooney's positions it does say he can play keeper lol but its awkward, well it is on my one anyway

    I don't have issues like this on my one, my biggest win was 11-0 but I was Manchester United against Newcastle Town

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts