[FM10] Portuguese Third Division And Youth/U23 League (WITH promotions/relegations)

I've manage to create the Portuguese 3rd Division with all 8 series.

NEW: This new version will include a S19 and a S23 League WITH promotions/relegations.

Here's the info for the last version: (v0.5.9 Beta 1)

The Structure:

3rd Division:

- 8 Groups (Serie A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)

- Each Serie will be disputed in 2 phases. (1st phase -> 12 clubs, 2 legs | 2nd phase -> first 6 clubs from 1st phase, 2 legs and last 6 clubs from 1st phase, 2 legs)

- 1st place from each group will get direct promotion.

- 2nd place from each group will play a playoff for 4 promotions.

- Last 3 places will be relegated.

Intercalar Cup:

- Serie North and South (8 and 5 fixed clubs) (only on v0.5.8)

NEW:

- S19 and S23 Leagues with promotion/relegations (the S19 is almost the same as the oficial S19 National League, the S23 is a fictional league that was necessary to avoid some potential bugs)

Known Problems:

- The clubs distribution is not the official one.

- The actual structure is not the same. (it's the possible with this editor)

- Some clubs weren't on the database. (added new ones)

- The serie Madeira and Açores got substituted by serie G and H for more Stability

How to install:

- Just unrar it to "[your Documents]\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data"

- Select the 3 files when choosing the leagues. (You need to select all the 3 files, otherwise it may not work properly)

STATUS ON THE PROJECT:

I decided i'm not going to implement a 3rd Division distribution by zones because it could give some instability to the game. Because of that there were no reason to keep two series named Madeira and Açores.

The Liga Intercalar was removed in the last version because the S23 championship is kinda the same thing. (a bit more complex actually)

Version 0.5.9 Beta 1: (NEW)

Download

Old Versions:

Version 0.5.8:

Rapidshare

MegaUpload

Version 0.7:

Rapidshare

MegaUpload

(NOTE: This version is a proof of concept for the regional divisions and is not working properly. Not recommended)

Version 0.5.5:

Rapidshare

MegaUpload

Version 0.3:

Download

NOTE (V0.5.8):

Liga Intercalar as some problems (the final phase can't be played in the same season as the group phase) that were reported to SI.

I've made some changes in the structure to overcome the issue and moved the final phase to the beginning of each season.

Version 0.5.8 - it is recommended the use of FM 10.2 version

Version 0.5.9 Beta X - it is recommended the use of FM 10.3 version

Keep in mind that the updates may not work in the versions not recommended ahead.

Any bugs/issues that you find please post it. ;)

BurnCycle

Ok, i kinda understand why there's not much feedback to the questions by the rest of the users, but i really don't understand why there's no feedback from moderators and the team that supposed to moderate and help this section of the forum. Is that hard to say, no it's not possible to this or that, or if it is possible explain what we are doing wrong?!

Really disappointing this attitude....

so I think for Serie Madeira you have to find the most northern must southern most eastern and most western cities of maderia that are in the game (so basically due to where the club's stadiums are located) and place those cities as boundries for the III Divisao Serie Maderia

Serie Acores might take abit of time to think about

Serie A - F you will have to divide mainland portugal into 6 regions

II Divisao is also missing boundaries for Norte Centro & Sul this might also need to be fixed

basically every single club in portugal has to be looked at..their stadium will be located in a city....every city must be given latitude and longitude...boundaries must be set for Norte Centro & Sul and also Azores Madeire A B C D E & F

I do know in real life the 2nd phase in II Divisao and III Divisao the clubs have 50% of their points they managed to make in the regular season but this is impossible in the editor

this doesnt matter too much.

Relegation/Promotion and the right distribution of clubs to their correct regions is the most important issue

also another problem. If no club for azores gets relegated from II Divisao Zona Centro (Vit. Pico, Praiense & Operário) then who will go down to III Divisao Serie Azores if one team gets promoted? i think there is a playoff of some sort between azores and madeira. i will have to read the competition rules from fpf

Football Manager 2010

Liga Sagres > Liga Vitalis > II Divisao (Norte, Centro & Sul) > III Divisao Serie A, B, C, D, E, F, Madeira & Azores > 22 Campeonato Distritals

Liga Sagres = Correct

Liga Vitalis = Confirm that relegated teams are placed in appropriate II Divisao Zona

II Divisao = Confirm Playoffs & Confirm that relegated teams are placed in appropriate III Divisao Serie

III Divisao = Confirm Playoff & Confirm that promoted teams are placed in appropriate II Divisao Zona & Confirm that relegated teams are placed in appropriate Campeonato Distrial

Each Club is located by its Stadium > Each Stadium is Located by its City/Town > Each City/Town has Latitude and Longitude > Additional Cities/Towns can be created

In the current database many Portuguese Cities/Towns have blank longitude/latitude this has to be fixed and new cities/towns have to be created to create more realistic borders if there is no club>stadium>city in appropriate areas

Each Sub-Serie (Zona Norte, Centro & Sul) and/or (Serie A, B, C, D, E ,F, Madeira & Azores) must have borders (Cities/Towns) (Northern, Southern, Eastern & Western)

By placing borders for a sub-serie this only allows clubs within the borders to be promoted or relgated into that specific sub-serie

Borders can overlap to help with distribution of clubs when certain instances occur during relegation and promotion

Serie A to Serie F can have 12 teams each

Serie Azores & Serie Maderia can have 10 clubs each

Playoffs will not be 100% correct

2nd phase of II & III Divisao will not include the 50% of points

Promotion & Relegation Playoffs for each Sub-Serie has to be looked at

The problem of no teams from the azores being relegated from the II Divisao down to III Divisao Serie Azores, what will happen to the III Divisao Serie Azores Champion? Will they not get promoted?

We must read the documents on www.fpf.pt to address this issue, same with Serie Maderia

Missing Clubs Wrong Clubs must be fixed

Once we have mastered the II and III Divisaos the final 22 Associations will be a peice of cake but we will need to read the documents for each Association to create their own league structures

472px-Portuguese_District_Football_Associations.png

This is a map of the 22 Associations

This will help to great borders for each of the associations and then determining the sub-series for II Divisao & III Divisao

Serie A to F doesn't have borders. The distribution is done from up to bottom. II Division should be the same way... And this leave us with another problem witch is the research. Most of our cities doesn't have their coordinates. The FM2010 support goes to 2 division, so if it has support to 2 division it should make sure that all cities has their coordinates set for the case of a team go to 2nd division. It's a hard work but it should be done along time ago.

As i told before, none feedback from SI team... (must be because theirs Portuguese in the title)

Sick!

As i told before, none feedback from SI team... (must be because theirs Portuguese in the title)

Sick!

Lol @ conspiracy theories. As if the SI team goes around replying to each and every thread. Besides, it's well known that the portuguese researcher is mostly absent from every and any discussion taking place here.

Anyway, it's really easy to go around and find the correct latitudes and longitudes of cities in the database (use wikipedia...) and fill those in. Then you have all the data you need for the regional boundaries.

Cheers.

Come on SI help us please dont be mad that portugal beat you in Euro 2000 with a FIGO CRAZY Goal and then in the Euro 2004 when Ricardo took his gloves off saved a penatly and scored one himself and again in 2006 World Cup when rooney had a fetish for nuts wheres the love?

I've noticed that II Divisao Serie A B C & D is still in the database why? I hope it doesnt cause any errors

It's on the official DB and won't cause problems.

Lol @ conspiracy theories. As if the SI team goes around replying to each and every thread. Besides, it's well known that the portuguese researcher is mostly absent from every and any discussion taking place here.

Anyway, it's really easy to go around and find the correct latitudes and longitudes of cities in the database (use wikipedia...) and fill those in. Then you have all the data you need for the regional boundaries.

Cheers.

SI team should at least give some feedback to the posts that actually have some important unanswered questions.

The new editor is kind of a new feature so SI should be on top of questions that might appear, at least to improve the editor.

New version coming soon and will include regional divisions and a bug fix for 3rd division.

Hi

I was creating 3rd Division too, and got exactly the same problems as BurnCm4X. Can't manage to put the correct clubs in the correct groups cause it says "Require minimum of 93 teams for 3rd Division, found only 0".

I've followed the same structure as 2nd Division so I can't understand waht's the problem.

Could someone from SI help up.

Thank you

(Good work BurnCm4X)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The "Minimum 93 teams in Third Division" is hardcoded into the XML file, if you open it up in notepad and find the section that applies to that division in the file and delete it then it will solve that problem.

I have also created a Third division for Portugal, but I have run into a more serious issue, after one season the teams relegated from the 2nd div have not gone to the groups, but into the parent division, so now the Third Division is 12 teams short so has dropped the Madeira division, I fear if this continues that we will soon have no teams in my third division, I am going to try and get it fixed, I have assigned correct teams, but i need to get guesses at the set-up for year two as in borders so the teams are correct in the future as well. For the Mainland divisions it should be as simple as setting a North & South Border for each, then it will pick the teams closest to it if the division is short. :) This does work as I did it in NZ with a North Island/South Island sub division, and occasionally Wellington teams would fall into the South or Nelson teams into the north.

You can't really have a fully functional 3rd Division in FM.

After a few hours digging, i found out that is almost impossible to implement a 3rd division like in real life. (I now know why SI didn't implement the 3rd division yet)

The Madeira and Açores Serie is almost impossible to implement if you take all things in consideration. They change according to the number of clubs that are in the 3rd division from their regions. They do not have a set of specific rules for them.

If series A to F are very easy to implement for SI (just distribute the clubs by there Y coordinate from top to bottom) the other 2 series are, i think, impossible to implement.

Talking of what you can do in the editor you can set borders, yes it's true, but that wouldn't reflect the true nature of 3rd division and could possible lead to instability on the game and could possibly crash the game. Why? Because when setting boundary you can't guarantee the number of clubs on a specific serie.

In my update i've taken the stability route and choosed to have the most stable setup possible for the 3rd division. I'm still waiting for bugs to appear, so i'm counting on you guys to test it and give some sort of feedback.

I agree Burn it is not set-up the best, and does cause instability, the game does force the "closest" team into a division if it is short, but that means always the Azores & madiera divisions will be wrong, I have ignored borders for the most part in my set-up I just want to make sure it has the 8 divisions of 12,12,12,12,12,12,12 & 10, I have also added a couple of lower league cups for a bit more entertainment, the crash I have had I am unsure what has caused it but I am chasing it down, I have had to jimmy the League Cup which does not please me, but we will see if it works.

• 3 months later...

Well, after a long break here is the new update.

I think i'm not mistaken when i say that this is the first update ever that include a fully working S19/junior league with promotions/relegations so post any bugs that you find!

New Version: 0.5.9 Beta 1

Features:

- New S23/S19 Leagues (with a fully working system)

- Intercalar removed (with S23 league there's not much use for this cup)

- Added 10.3 compatibility

- Some other minor fixes

• 1 month later...

You can manage the S23/19 teams but you have to control the main team too... (just like you could control the reserve/s19 team before)

The only difference is that the s23/s19 championship in the update supports Promotion/relegation, witch means that every year there is only one s19/s23 winning club.

You can manage the S23/19 teams but you have to control the main team too... (just like you could control the reserve/s19 team before)

The only difference is that the s23/s19 championship in the update supports Promotion/relegation, witch means that every year there is only one s19/s23 winning club.

OK, thanks for the info! :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
In last year i had to create a very complex system with custom Portuguese nations but in this year everything is easy to implement. The editor supports custom U19 leagues.

When I tried to edit Youth Leagues, I get an error saying I used the same League twice. So I assume you add them as New Country Rules? But then, don't you end up with both the new U19 and the default one? How do you inactivate the default one?

When I tried to edit Youth Leagues, I get an error saying I used the same League twice. So I assume you add them as New Country Rules? But then, don't you end up with both the new U19 and the default one? How do you inactivate the default one?

Didn't understand what you tried to do... Did you tried to change the last year update in this year editor?

Didn't understand what you tried to do... Did you tried to change the last year update in this year editor?

I'm trying to have a more realistic U19 League with promotions/relegation from scratch. I tried adding nation rules (add Lower Division, etc. to existing structure), go to U20 Divisions, and tried to add Divisions, but that doesn't work because I get the league used twice error. I was wondering how you managed to create the S23 and S19 leagues.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Archived