do you feel guilty when...

you're about to get rid of a player or a member of the staff, and you see that he has placed you as his favourite personnel? I dunno, when this happens to me i get this guilty feeling inside me, as if i'm putting down a family puppy, who's looking directly at my eyes, helpless and stupidly unnaware of the cruel destiny it's about to face...

but usually then after a couple of seconds of emocional rollercoasting i give him the bullet as if he had never even existed, being a manager is not for the sentimental:cool:

I tend to keep them around, especially if it's an ex-player who becomes a coach...take them from club to club with me etc.

Probably no benefit in any way, shape or form but getting rid would just be harsh...

No I don't feel guilty about moving on a player who has me on their favourite personnel. I do feel guilty about selling on a player who has been at the club a long time and has made it onto my own personnal favourite personnel list. It's hard to let a player who has done good service for you but is no longer cutting it leave the club.

i rememeber on 08 i got the sack from real madrid and a few of the staffi had brought in with me and had done wonders for 3 seasons also got the boot. they had me down as there personal favourites so when i got a job at racing i think it was i tried to sign them on instead of them being jobless...they didnt want to come!! so now i feel it means nothing and will act as ruthless as i wish!! even if they love me

you're about to get rid of a player or a member of the staff, and you see that he has placed you as his favourite personnel? I dunno, when this happens to me i get this guilty feeling inside me, as if i'm putting down a family puppy, who's looking directly at my eyes, helpless and stupidly unnaware of the cruel destiny it's about to face...

but usually then after a couple of seconds of emocional rollercoasting i give him the bullet as if he had never even existed, being a manager is not for the sentimental:cool:

LOL i thought i was the only one :) especially if they have me down as their favs, but you have to be ruthless otherwise your side prob wouldn`t improve. Van der Sar became a goalkeeping coach for me but i gave him the ass as he was getting 40,000 pound per week when i picked up a top notch quaility GK coack for 1,200 p/w.

Archived