poor regens

lig

i went on holiday til 2015 to see what regens look like in my game & noticed all the top clubs have virtually no players under the age of 25 (i.e. regens) which is crazy - this is something i've noticed before in fm games

my other gripe is regen's hidden stats are really weak/inconsistent. i tried a search using genie scout for players under 24 & 25 who have the following stats above 10; consistency, important matches, ambition, loyalty, pressure, professionalism & sportsmanship

at the start of the game, there are 5026 players under 25 & 969 meet this criteria (19%)

at the start of the game, there are 4637 players under 24 & 821 meet this criteria (18%)

in 2015, there are 3641 players under 25 & 147 meet this criteria (4%)

in 2015, there are 3141 players under 24 & 94 meet this criteria (3%)

i have the 9.2.0 patch & am running only 1 league (english premier league).

i don't know how much this is because i went on holiday or because i'm only running one league but i find these things really irritating. am i alone or is this a common problem. if so, do si plan on fixing this at all cos i've noticed this problem in previous fm games. for example, i had a really good game going with margate, took them as far as i could before joining chelsea about 7 years into the game & noticed all the big clubs were filled entirely with old players because there were no good young players available so i basically had to stop playing.

i don't like to complain because there are lots of great things about this game but at the moment this problem is stopping me from playing the game.

It's probably because you only have one league running, my regens are great!

In fact from my starting XI, made from some of the finest the world has to offer I would say that at least 5 of my best starting XI are regens and for the match 18 that number would be around 8-10 normally. Seems good to me.

In fact from my starting XI, made from some of the finest the world has to offer I would say that at least 5 of my best starting XI are regens and for the match 18 that number would be around 8-10 normally. Seems good to me.

yeah i hope you're right. i'll try loading up more leagues & see what happens

Agreed, regens are much better this year.

I've currently got an amazing youngster or two right now. One of them is a young Brazilian attacking midfielder, probably one of the best in the World now, and probably has been since I got him at age 18 (2 years ago). I've got a 17 year old who's now got 5 Premier League goals to his name with the few appearances he's been given, two of them whilst he was 15, 2 whist 16 and only 1 since he turned 17 a month back, but he's hardly had a chance in a while.

The only issue I've really seen is that they're almost all very poor with their weaker foot.

I think the regens this year are better than I have ever seen before, previous games would rarely create players like this.

Most of you seem to be missing the point he's saying they have low consistency, pressure etc. If you can't see these in the game how can you use examples like this that are in no way relevant to the point hes trying to make to disagree with him?

In my game I took over Chelsea after 7 years with Wigan.. I think Chelsea had 5 players under 29 in the first team squad.. And the same with Man Utd.. they also had approx. 0 young players in the first team.. And of course because of this both of them were not even close to being a top team anymore.. Both Chelsea and Man Utd have been close to relegate.. Surely this shouldnt be happening..

Most of you seem to be missing the point he's saying they have low consistency, pressure etc. If you can't see these in the game how can you use examples like this that are in no way relevant to the point hes trying to make to disagree with him?

Good point.

Older newgens (17, 18 or 19 when generated) who already have plenty of CA to start off with are mostly fine, and better than previous versions.

But it's the YOUNG newgens (14, 15, 16) who have very little CA and generally extremely poor pressure and ambition which will never have time to achieve their potential.

My thinking is, what's the point of generating a youngster with PA of 180, and then giving him such low pressure and ambition attributes that he never achieves it? That's one player, out of the few that the game generated that season to have high PA, that is wasted. Know what I mean?

It's something which could be looked at and improved. It seems that the difference a few pressure points etc make is too big. A rating of 11 for Pressure translates to a very bleak future for a young player at the moment.

I've been studying the hidden attributes to see why some of my high PA youngsters have hardly improved after 3 seasons, and regularly find ratings like 5 for Ambition, 6 for Pressure. Which explains why. Even after tutoring.

Surely the more PA a player has, the higher his Ambition and Pressure should be generally. Because he will need to achieve more CA in a shorter space of time than a player who only has 125 PA. The latter are the ones who should have less Pressure and Ambition generally.

Hope this isn't perceived as a moan, it isn't. Just a logical suggestion to improve a good game further, I reckon.

I wasn't disagreeing with him on his point about hidden attributes, I was just commenting that the regens this year look impressive.

I don't look at the hidden attributes so I couldn't possibly comment on whether they are any better or not, I just get a general impression of the players in the way that the game intended us to have.

There is still a problem with newgens in the way that atttributes are constructed.

For example, on my save game I noticed there was a goalkeeper with arial ability of 20, yet he was 5 foot 5 inches. So how can a goalkeeper like this be better arially than another one who is 6'5"? There should be a close relation between height, agility, jumping surely? It should not be possible for someone of this height to have top arial ability.

Attributes should be closely linked to each other. Generally speaking someone with a lot of pace/acceleration, i.e. a sprinter, should have a lower stamina level, whereas someone with high stamina is likely to be more a distance runner and would not be able to beat a sprinter for short term pace/acceleration.

Then there is the dubious attributes levels you see for deadball playing. How can someone be good at corners for example if they are rubbish at crossing?

There are plenty of other inconsistencies you notice as you play.

There is still a problem with newgens in the way that atttributes are constructed.

For example, on my save game I noticed there was a goalkeeper with arial ability of 20, yet he was 5 foot 5 inches. So how can a goalkeeper like this be better arially than another one who is 6'5"? There should be a close relation between height, agility, jumping surely? It should not be possible for someone of this height to have top arial ability.

Attributes should be closely linked to each other. Generally speaking someone with a lot of pace/acceleration, i.e. a sprinter, should have a lower stamina level, whereas someone with high stamina is likely to be more a distance runner and would not be able to beat a sprinter for short term pace/acceleration.

Then there is the dubious attributes levels you see for deadball playing. How can someone be good at corners for example if they are rubbish at crossing?

There are plenty of other inconsistencies you notice as you play.

i'm not sure i agree with you about sprinters having low stamina but yeah, these inconsistencies is what really bugs me. i know some regens have some pretty impressive stats but they're so erratic (hidden stats in particular). the problem for me is the distribution of attributes. i like to buy well-rounded players with solid hidden attributes but that's impossible with regens

I was just trying to make the point that there seems no correlation between the attributes and they just appear to all be random. Groups of attributes should be balanced. You wouldn't want a player with high creativity but almost no passing ability, etc.

Archived