I don't get this game sometimes...

Ok, so last year, I released a kid from my team, even though he had played 3 seasons football for me, and made quite a few first team appearances. I released him due to a poor season, and his contract running out.

8 months on, and he still has no club.

Some vitals on his Personal Info Screen read

Favoured Clubs : Real London (My Team)

Favoured Persennel : NepentheZ (Me)

General Happiness : Is looking for a new club

With all that in mind, and the fact its been 8 months since I released him, why wont he sign for me again?

He's not exactly a "great" or even "good" player, hence the reason he's been 8 months without a club, and I'm pretty sure my club rep is higher than his personal rep. He should be jumping at the chance to sign for me again.... icon_confused.gif

Ok, so last year, I released a kid from my team, even though he had played 3 seasons football for me, and made quite a few first team appearances. I released him due to a poor season, and his contract running out.

8 months on, and he still has no club.

Some vitals on his Personal Info Screen read

Favoured Clubs : Real London (My Team)

Favoured Persennel : NepentheZ (Me)

General Happiness : Is looking for a new club

With all that in mind, and the fact its been 8 months since I released him, why wont he sign for me again?

He's not exactly a "great" or even "good" player, hence the reason he's been 8 months without a club, and I'm pretty sure my club rep is higher than his personal rep. He should be jumping at the chance to sign for me again.... icon_confused.gif

A few reasons.

1. He's an AMR / ST - And I've got a lot of injuries in those positions, so need cover

2. He's from my youth system, and I didn't really want to release him, but cut the dead wood

3. He's scored nearly 50 goals for the club in 4 years, so he's a proven scorer that could chip in when needed for the rest of the season.

I have never been able to re-sign an unattached player whom I've recently released. I don't think it's possible.

Would you go back to an employer who's just fired you? That's more or less the situation you describe. Maybe he feels badly treated. I think it's quite natural.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

I have never been able to re-sign an unattached player whom I've recently released. I don't think it's possible.

Would you go back to an employer who's just fired you? That's more or less the situation you describe. Maybe he feels badly treated. I think it's quite natural. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes if i got offered more money icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

Would you go back to an employer who's just fired you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i was fired, had no job offers in 8 months, then offered more money to go back, sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

Would you go back to an employer who's just fired you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i was fired, had no job offers in 8 months, then offered more money to go back, sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might have got a virtual job as a virtual plumber or something that pays better?

The reason seems to be pretty obvious, in that he was previously released, whether that is reaslistic or not is open to debate - clearly half the people here think so and half don't, so it's not really 'right' or 'wrong'.

Archived