Positional problems with 433 formation (for SI staff also please)

I've noticed that when defending and using 3 MC's, these crowd the centre circle too much. In stark contrast, the 3 SC's keep a nice width which I would like the MC's to have as well.

When attacking the MC's are okay and they do spread out, I suppose that has to do with the Width setting taking effect which applies only when attacking.

Ideally, what should happen is that if the opposition is playing down your right flank, your 3 MC's should gravitate towards there, your MC nearest the right taking up a MR position. And vice versa when it's the other flank. i.e. horizontal movement, following the game.

But they are not doing this and moreover are staying a lot tighter than the 3 SC's further up, so they are just about static in the centre and it's not realistic, leaving huge space on the flanks. Using zonal marking by the way, not man.

Would be nice if this was looked at for the next patch, so that this formation reflects how it operates in reality better.

I paused a match and saved several screenshots to show what I mean but the pitch area in all of them was blacked out, strange. So here's a more crude representation lol -

----Van Persie------Adebayor-------Walcott-----

------------Denilson-Vieira-Fabregas-------------

----Clichy-----Richards-----Toure----Sagna------

---------------------- Frey ---------------------

That's how the formation looks in a match when defending.

But here's a pic of the formation screen -

arsenal433dv1.th.jpg

Try posting in Tactics forum where it SHOULD be, you will get more luck there mate.

You may be right. I did consider posting there but this is really a request to be looked at for next patch, so wasn't sure it was really just tactics and ended up posting here. Mods please move it to tactics if you want.

I'm not sure this is a tactics forum issue, as he's not really asking for tactical advice and it could be a match engine problem.

If the width setting only comes into play when you're attacking then it definitely may be the reason why you get this issue.

Archived