is FM09 realistic, i dont think so!!

I have already made a few points in the last few months regarding the game and how I won't buy again etc but I won’t cover that ground (no pun intended)

My biggest gripe is the following message when I ask the board to increase the stadium

shittyboardya6.th.png

Now consider the following. I have won the premier 3 times in a row, champion’s league, 2 times in a row, euro super cup 2 times in a row, world club championship

achievementsxv8.th.png

I asked one of the mods on the Birmingham city official thread a while back why I kept getting that message back from the board and he said "build up some money and I am sure they will build a new stadium". Well I have done that and now look at the status of the club

clubinfojx2.th.png

Now in the real world if any club won all this they would be bought out by a rich Arab (man city who are 4th from bottom in the prem). If the current chairman couldn't afford to move that would also happen.How can you sustain a club at that level if you cant expand the capicity beyond 30,000. I have tried the latest patch and that makes no difference.

Look at teams like Doncaster and Shrewsbury. Even they have moved to out of town stadium so they can increase if they need to. Sam Alladyce was right about refs giving preference to the so called bigger teams. It happens with SI too

Well, the Brum board of directors are tight anyway (I am a blues fan) So it may take a lot of money for them to consider it.

i know lol. but the whole point of the game is to make your team the best in the world. if they cant afford why hasn't there been a takeover?. that is another thing i have noticed about this edition of the game. im up to 18 seasons now. in 08 there had been 2 take overs in that time

Do you know how much stadiums cost? The Emirates cost 430 million pounds to build. Your club's "estimated value" is 265 million and you won't have anywhere near that much in the bank. Unsurprising that they are unwilling to take out a massive loan to build a new stadium that you clearly don't need since you are producing plenty of money.

Why would there be a takeover just because the current board can't afford a new stadium?

Edit: Golaxi, what a totally useless post. Well done.

Do you know how much stadiums cost? The Emirates cost 430 million pounds to build. Your club's "estimated value" is 265 million and you won't have anywhere near that much in the bank. Unsurprising that they are unwilling to take out a massive loan to build a new stadium that you clearly don't need since you are producing plenty of money.

Why would there be a takeover just because the current board can't afford a new stadium?

Edit: Golaxi, what a totally useless post. Well done.

so what you are saying is if you are not arsenal then you are stuck with what you got? get in to the real world. clubs go to banks for loans and as you mentioned in your own arguement sponsors (like emirates) to sponsor and pay for the new stadium, so you shot yourself in the foot with that weak arguement. board takeovers are happening all the time . i guess by your post you are an arsenal fan in which my comment i made in the original post applies. and the club isn't making money as each season by march i am 10 - 20 million in debt!!

Well firstly, reputation and how successful you are have absolutely nothing to do with if the council let you get an expansion on your stadium, it's about the surrounding land. Obviously if there are houses there, you can't do anything. In the game, if it's blocked then that means you will never, ever get it expanded again.

So you keep asking until they propose getting a new stadium, but you need a good amount of money to do that (not sure how much as the club can take out a loan for it too).

It says they'll never get planning permission, so what does money have to do with it?

exactly my point. in the hint and tips that keep popping up throughout the game it says" if you cant get planning permission or you don't own the ground then your directors will look to move to a new stadium"

Well firstly, reputation and how successful you are have absolutely nothing to do with if the council let you get an expansion on your stadium, it's about the surrounding land. Obviously if there are houses there, you can't do anything. In the game, if it's blocked then that means you will never, ever get it expanded again.

So you keep asking until they propose getting a new stadium, but you need a good amount of money to do that (not sure how much as the club can take out a loan for it too).

i keep asking every couple of months but get the same answer. but if you're reputation is worldwide, why would you be stuck in a cow shed that only holds 30,000. you look at madrid,barcelona, man u they are all over 60,000 so to compete with them is an unfair advantage. as i said in another post the hints and tips screen say that the club may move if you cant get planning permission, but this aint happening. i want to move to a new stadium and even in real life the club is looking at a 50,000 seater stadium in saltley, birmingham and have spent 2 million already on feasibility studies

The thing is that it is a random message that doesn't make any sense. I had this while playing with Maritzburg City and a bit of google earth reveals their stadium is here in a large park, (also fm assigns this stadium to the wrong city). So it seems like a random, no you cannot have a bigger stadium message.

i keep asking every couple of months but get the same answer. but if you're reputation is worldwide, why would you be stuck in a cow shed that only holds 30,000. you look at madrid,barcelona, man u they are all over 60,000

Are you a major force in Europe?

30,000 is still a solid amount.

Perhaps in the game it's not feasible at present. I still don't see what you think is 'unrealistic' about the game, these things don't happen overnight.

overnight!!!!!!!!! are you joking?its 18 seasons its been going on for get in the real world. the season hasn't started and im 2 million in debt.it is "unrealistic" perhaps you dont understand the other points i made get your head out of the sand

indebtgq9.th.png

Are you a major force in Europe?

30,000 is still a solid amount.

not really as in my post below by the end of the season i am 20 million in debt. i have to win everything to keep afloat. if i have no money at the end of the season how can we afford to go to another staduim. my resoloution to the problem would be a board takeover then move or vice versa. at the end of the day you cant keep winning everything to survive. now that is "unrealistic"

overnight!!!!!!!!! are you joking?its 18 seasons its been going on for get in the real world. the season hasn't started and im 2 million in debt.it is "unrealistic" perhaps you dont understand the other points i made get your head out of the sand

I can't read what's on that tiny picture, but if I understand it right you're in debt but still expecting a new stadium?

It's been an annoying bug/poorly implemented feature for several versions now, I've always had severe issues getting a new stadium once the expansion cap has been filled. Having said that Chelsea are still stuck at Stamford Bridge.

i know i get the job at chelsea as i gave up managing Birmingham because of this. at least i got stamford bridge up to around 50,000 though. at that level you can survive to pay wages, transfer fees etc. im having to rely on free transfers every season!

I can't read what's on that tiny picture, but if I understand it right you're in debt but still expecting a new stadium?

lol you're right (if you take the .th out of the image link you see the full picture as opposed to just the thumbnail)

His balance is negative...

You also already have massive loan debt and you need to be in the several hundreds of million in credit before the board will elect to build a new stadium.

It's been an annoying bug/poorly implemented feature for several versions now, I've always had severe issues getting a new stadium once the expansion cap has been filled. Having said that Chelsea are still stuck at Stamford Bridge.

IRL I believe that if Chelsea were to ever leave Stamford Bridge, they would have to change their team name, due to the council in that area or something owning the rights to the Chelsea name.

IRL I believe that if Chelsea were to ever leave Stamford Bridge, they would have to change their team name, due to the council in that area or something owning the rights to the Chelsea name.

Do the Clintons know? :eek:

So as I understand it:

30,000 stadium. Realistic.

Cannot be physically expanded. Realistic.

To get a new stadium there has to be enough money available. Realistic.

30,000 capacity restricts potential to amass said money. Realistic.

Catch 22. Realistic.

So again, where is the game unrealistic? From what you've said in this thread, it's your expectation that somehow a magic wand can be waved to change the above that's unrealistic. Real life tends not to have many magic wands.

well i can see it so why the sarcasm? surely even your myopic view can see the red.as per my other post you miss the point completely. its a catch 22 (if you can understand that ) how can you make money and compete with major teams with a 30,000 stadium at the risk of repeating myself, there should have been a board takeover in 18 seasons! there was 2 in that time frame in FM08 and 3 in FM07. even the bank loan as i have mentioned would be an option. other clubs have debt yet still relocate as it makes financial sense (doncaster and shrewsbur, swansea (i could go on).if you want sarcasm i can do that but being a moderator i thought you may be a bit more constructive with the arguements, obviously not

If the club isn't making money and you end up in debt every season, then what makes you think the board will consider it a good idea to take out a loan (read: massive debt) to build a new stadium. Does not compute...

man utd £665 in debt yet build another 10,000 seats on old trafford. what i am talking about is takeovers or other means if you are a succesful club,otherwise whats the point of going on with the game

so to sum up then from some of the posts whats the point in being a successful club and winning trophies if you aren't rewarded for that success. if thats the case why play it in the first place. you may as well being happy with your lot managing accrington stanley and staying there for 30 years

well i can see it so why the sarcasm? surely even your myopic view can see the red.as per my other post you miss the point completely. its a catch 22 (if you can understand that ) how can you make money and compete with major teams with a 30,000 stadium at the risk of repeating myself, there should have been a board takeover in 18 seasons! there was 2 in that time frame in FM08 and 3 in FM07. even the bank loan as i have mentioned would be an option. other clubs have debt yet still relocate as it makes financial sense (doncaster and shrewsbur, swansea (i could go on).if you want sarcasm i can do that but being a moderator i thought you may be a bit more constructive with the arguements, obviously not

What sarcasm? I wasn't being the slightest bit sarcastic, but if that's how it reads to you then I'd suggest it tells us more about you than anything else. Also, I wasn't arguing but asking for clarification, so the 'constructive' comment is redundant.

Yes, I do know what Catch 22 is (see previous post).

I don't understand why you think there should have been a board takeover, it's not a given by any means and certainly not unrealistic.

Doncaster do not have debt, and relocated because the land Belle Vue was on was owned by Doncaster Council and the Keepmoat is also council owned and built. I'd suggest knowing what you're talking about before using them as an example. (I have a season ticket at the Keepmoat so I do know about Doncaster. I haven't a clue about Shrewsbury.)

man utd £665 in debt yet build another 10,000 seats on old trafford. what i am talking about is takeovers or other means if you are a succesful club,otherwise whats the point of going on with the game

Man Utd did that because they have planning permission. It isn't a direct comparison to the Birmingham situation.

so to sum up then from some of the posts whats the point in being a successful club and winning trophies if you aren't rewarded for that success. if thats the case why play it in the first place. you may as well being happy with your lot managing accrington stanley and staying there for 30 years

I'd suggest looking up the history of Wimbledon and Plough Lane. Sometimes life is like that and the game is entirely realistic for reflecting it as such.

what i am talking about is takeovers or other means if you are a succesful club,otherwise whats the point of going on with the game

When was the last time there was a takeover at Arsenal? They've been successful, surely they must have had one otherwise it'd be 'unrealistic'...

The point is to carry on winning, but more cheaply. That's your challenge.

I can't believe you had to open a thread for this. Everyone knows that the series is not realistic.

I can't believe you had to post this. Everyone knows you do nothing but unconstructive negative posts in other people's threads. :/

When was the last time there was a takeover at Arsenal? They've been successful, surely they must have had one otherwise it'd be 'unrealistic'...

Not just that, but up until a couple of years ago, their stadium only held just over 30,000 and they managed just fine. You don't need to a giant stadium and foreign billionaires to be a very successful club.

Archived