Request for an extra widgit (sp?) if possible

I would like one that contains the main sliders that you need to change towards the end of a match, depending on how things are going.

These would be the team instructions for mentality, tempo, timewasting etc).

this for me would simulate shouting instructions from the touchline and stop having to go into the tactics screen, which I personally find to be a distraction.

I don't think it would be logical to include tactics out of a tactics screen.
I would like it if this was in the game

I don't think it's any more illogical than player ratings out of a team screen or latest scores out of a competition screen etc. These things are available as widgets.

Seems like a good idea to me

I don't think it's any more illogical than player ratings out of a team screen or latest scores out of a competition screen etc. These things are available as widgets.

Seems like a good idea to me

Seems like a good idea to me aswell, I don't see why not, it will just make everything abit more practical.

They're there as feedback advice in the world around you.

You can see player ratings in the TV View as it is a statistical piece of information you need as a manager when watching a game. Same with latest scores, particularly at the end of the season when the race for places is on.

Similarly, there is feedback (more analysis) from your assistant on your players as you may need this information as you watch.

TV View is a viewer for watching the match that provides statistical and informational feedback. It is not a place where you should be changing your tactics.

Also, if you do introduce tactics to widgets, you'd basically have to have them all available - or what's the point? Different people use different tactical instructions with differing regularity, so trying to include the 'most used' ones would alienate many others.

This is why I believe tactics should remain in a tactics screen.

Seems like a good idea to me aswell, I don't see why not, it will just make everything abit more practical.

It better then everytime, go out TV mode, adjust, go back to TV mode etc. would be a nice an welcome addition.

Agree with the masses, this would be a very nice addition.

I actually see this completely the opposite of Skorp and see the TV view as the ideal, realistic view for having the 'Team Instructions' available to change (think that is the name of the screen, at work currently).

In real life for a manager to change the width of the team, he is on the touchline barking at whoever will listen to him to get his message across, while the game is going on (or during a stoppage in play).

We would be doing the same thing here, watching the game from the touchline (TV view) making changes.

The more detailed tactical changes should still be accessed via the main tactics screen imo.

Sizing and space are major issues in the TV View. I'm not sure how it would be possible to include everything that needs to be included, bearing in mind the developers have to work with the 'default' resolution.

And for the record I'm in no way rubbishing the suggestion, merely responding to it from a logical integration point of view.

And for the record I'm in no way rubbishing the suggestion, merely responding to it from a logical integration point of view.

Right, misunderstood you earlier.

You do make very good points especially about the fact that different people would want different sliders, so they'd need to include them all to please everybody.

Maybe it's a non-runner then, but it's a shame as it is a good idea.

Sizing and space are major issues in the TV View. I'm not sure how it would be possible to include everything that needs to be included, bearing in mind the developers have to work with the 'default' resolution.

This was my major doubt when thinking about the idea, but as we can basically choose which widgets we have at the top of our screen, I thought it would still be plausible. I personally only have the two (match ratings and assistant feedback), which are then minimised until I want to look at them. Therefore for me there would be enough room to have a third one alongside.

I purposely only suggested the type of tactical changes that could be simulated through shouting from the coaching zone in order to keep it to a mininum, therefore it shouldn't be necessary to have all possible sliders in there. As a manager (from experience) there are limited changes I can make from the side and the main changes need to be made at half-time.

Archived