Vote On This!

Unless SI goes back to 07 ME and tweaks from there i guess 07 is my career game until i find a game that compares.

I received my 07 edition by way of amazon today and really enjoy the somewhat more challenging version compared to 08.

I have always supported SI and will continue to do so. I do think they had a solid game in 07 and shoulda taken steps in improving on it instead of strides.

I have a stock market buy/sell program i have tweaked for about 6 years now. At one time i could pradtically predict when a stock would peak/bottom and what day of the week it would happen. i got ambitous and kept tweaking until what i originally had was wiped into never find again land. This isn't the case with SI. I think they could bring back the 07 me (even without the arrows) and improve from that point. I guess there were probably issues the 07/08 me wasn't compatible with 3D. Whatever the case i can't speak for anyone else but for me i will now be very cautious in pressing the purchase tab.

EA is out of the question. i hate the way they try and corner every sports market and when they do they put out crap. (espn put out a very solid 2005 nfl game then ea purchases an exclusive nfl licensing agreement that kills all other nfl game developers).

to be honest i could see them in years to come creep up on fm with their fifa manager. they have the money/marketing to really challenge SI. Thats why i think it's so important to get back to what SI has been so good at in the past. Making a solid game and improving on it the next year. no need for huge eye candy upgrades. if 3D is a goal then make it a 3 year plan or at least a manageable plan. this stuffing loads of new features that don't work is really getting tiresome. so much so for me that i have resorted in going back 2 versions in order to get a decent (realistic) game.

This isn't so much a moan post for me instead a "save SI" post.

And having read your statement twice, I'm no clearer as to quite what you're asking. SI to go into the wayback machine and remake 07? It's called FM07 and still available for purchase.

Otherwise, erm, yeah.

I think what he means is that SI changed too much from 07 to now, and should have just improved on that instead of making new games

That what it looked like to me, although it is difficult to pick out the point in that post and replying to your own post doesn't help matters

You do realise that writing "Sticky :" doesn't make it so?

And also agreeing with the statement you posted is just insanity. And I can recognise insanity at a glance.

:D

I agree with this statement, fwiw :thup:

No idea what the OP is at here. :confused:

Err, a bit mental this. Seriously, cannot understand why people don't like the latest version. I know it has it's issues, but nothing that makes it unplayable.

Sorry, but FM07 was way too easy compared to 08 and 09 for me. Once I got to the top it as so hard to get off it even if tried.

Once I patched to 9.2 I felt it's struck just the right balance. Haven't knocked off the big four (five, now in my game) but am determined to do so this season.

I think what he means is that SI changed too much from 07 to now, and should have just improved on that instead of making new games

That what it looked like to me, although it is difficult to pick out the point in that post and replying to your own post doesn't help matters

Thank You for getting my post everyone read this!

You really think that when the began work on 08 they threw out all the code from 07 and started again from scratch???

God knows what this guy thinks, according to VB's expert diagnosis, this bloke is merrily chatting away to several other people inside his own head

Err, a bit mental this. Seriously, cannot understand why people don't like the latest version. I know it has it's issues, but nothing that makes it unplayable.

Sorry, but FM07 was way too easy compared to 08 and 09 for me. Once I got to the top it as so hard to get off it even if tried.

Once I patched to 9.2 I felt it's struck just the right balance. Haven't knocked off the big four (five, now in my game) but am determined to do so this season.

Funny enough, 08-8.0.2 was the easiest version ever for me(bordering on joke), once when i managed to survive all the laughing that overcome me from utterly flawed and pathetically unrealistic ME.

I think that FM08 should be places into gaming Halls of Shame on permanent basis, right next to CM4, and nowhere else(well maybe into Ministry of Silly Walking).

And I wouldn't give it even to my in-laws as a present, that's how bad it was, so it was donated to charity. I still feel very bad for some poor guy who got that from them.

My faith did returned with 9.1 and 9.2., they are on right path back to recover from mutilations last year.It's not best yet , but it's getting there.

I would think that OP is suggesting that he would like 09 to be more or less bug-free as 7.0.2 was, with all the features that 09 has in addition.7.0.2 was truly fine game and i don't see any problems with what he would like.

It's more realistic then people on forums complaining why their favorite striker doesn't score 45989457 goals like they were use to in 08( that tells you enough about that joke version).

Funny enough, 08-8.0.2 was the easiest version ever for me(bordering on joke), once when i managed to survive all the laughing that overcome me from utterly flawed and pathetically unrealistic ME.

I probably wouldn't go that far, but FM08 did sometimes feel like you were trying to beat the ME as a PROGRAMME rather than an actual GAME. The arrows and farrows that the ME couldn't cope with. Although 4-2-4 was so easy to counter I couldn't believe the number of daily threads about it - much like a number of 09 problems.

I probably wouldn't go that far, but FM08 did sometimes feel like you were trying to beat the ME as a PROGRAMME rather than an actual GAME. The arrows and farrows that the ME couldn't cope with. Although 4-2-4 was so easy to counter I couldn't believe the number of daily threads about it - much like a number of 09 problems.

4-2-4 was never problem to counter, in any version of CM/FM.I couldn't wait for AI to go 4-2-4 , because then i knew that i had game in my hands.

And yeah, flaws were main killer for me in 08.No matter how much i was trying to avoid using any of them, after win i would always end up asking myself did i used any of them without knowing it.That downright killed game for me.I never get upset if i lose game, but i was finding myself upset with winning in that version., simply because lot of times i didn't know why i won, or i knew that i shouldn't have.

That's why 08 was so bad , at least for me.

Archived