Moving players to reserve squad until match fit

I've just bought FM09 after deciding to make the plunge and upgrade from FM08. I'm loving the new game so far, but why has this option been removed from FM09?

I found it one of the most useful little widgets to have, and to see it's been taken away is disappointing. I know there's the 'make available for reserves' option, but I would rather have the player removed from the squad completely until they're match fit.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

I prefer the way it is now. As a manager you have now the control before every reserve game which players you want to make available for the reserve and which not. It's more realistic and better than just to send them "until match fit", which is something you can't measure in reality.

I prefer the way it is now. As a manager you have now the control before every reserve game which players you want to make available for the reserve and which not. It's more realistic and better than just to send them "until match fit", which is something you can't measure in reality.

It's great that you like it and use it (I don't at all), but that's no reason not to bring back the option we want and found extremely useful. You wouldn't have to use it if you didn't care for it. I don't see anything unrealistic in telling your Assistant Manager, hey, keep this player in the reserves until YOU THINK he's match fit and then send him back to me.

In fact, it would be great if there was an option in Team Settings to make this happen by default every time a first team player got injured. Would cut down on clicks.

The game should cater for those who have a lot of time and want to control every minute detail, but also for those who don't.

• 1 year later...
I guess FM 2010 does not support this. It's not there. THX anyways

It is there, on the player screen select squad, then you will have a drop down with the 3 squads available and under that Make Available for reserves then under that play until match fit

Archived