News System

Do you think,that we need a new News System?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think,that we need a new News System?

• Yes-We need a new system
    • No-I feel updated this way only

Who agrees with me,that we need a new and better News System

Take for example,the Ince-Allardyce Saga

Every manager in the league,and lower leagues,knows that there is a job vacant,at Blackburn Rovers.But,in the game,I atleast rarely get to know such stuff

It's a pain in the a*se to keep on clicking the news Icon after every time the game is processed,just to see news

So who agrees,with me that,we need a new and improved,fully revamped News system ?

I'd agree with that, I'd also like to see questions in News Conferences being asked about sackings etc. After all every week on Sky Sports News we see other clubs managers talking about managers that have just been sacked. I've just been watching 6 Premiership managers talking about Paul Ince, would be nice to see this added to News Conferences in the next version.

Another example why I agree with the original post is in my game I have previously been offered the role ofthe FC Bayern job, but I was doing well at Rangers so wanted to finish the season so I turned it down. Then the next time it came available I was between jobs so I applied. They chose Mourinho (Can hardly argue with that!) but on a random look at the available jobs screen I saw it was available again. Mourinho had been sacked but I didn't have a clue, granted I am not managing in the German league but having been offered the role previously and having been linked a second time I would have expected a news item. After all it works when you shortllist a player, you get news items relating to that player to keep you informed, would be nice if it worked for jobs aswell.

But I definately think that news items for sackings in the country you are managing in should be seen, used to happen in FM2007 I think, there were definately more news items on job losses and changes then

Don't know how to fix it but you deffo miss out on stuff that goes on in the game. Managers sacked, teams over/underperforming ect and you never know about it. Feels very isolated at your club sometimes and you don't feel involved in the footballing world. World news or something needs to be added to the main screen rather than just stuff in your own league. I imagine though there would be a lot of news items so a filter system maybe could be implemented so you can see as little or as much news as you desire.

Great idea, didn't really think about this until now. Looking back this has happened to me a few times, missing out on decent jobs because I didn't think to check the vacany page. Speculation needs to be more rampant, be that a few more question during press conferences.

Just to slide the thread in another direction for a moment, people that complain about press conferences being tedious need to stop playing football games and load up a Polly Pocket game. They are a huge part of a manager's life.

What exactly are you suggesting?

I agree that we miss out on a lot but what do you mean by a 'fully revamped news system'?

I have made a thread about my suggestion earlier on,but my idea received a mixed reaction.My Idea would be,to make a Sky-Sports - esque website,where we can easily keep track of the news

I'd really like to see a customisable screen where you can decide what type of news you want delivered to your inbox.

I'd agree with that for general news as well as for news from within the team. i.e. - When you mark someone as "available for reserves" to get them match fitness, you could request a message notifying you when he is back to match fit.

I'd really like to see a customisable screen where you can decide what type of news you want delivered to your inbox.

Absolutely.

I'd like to be able to sign up for news by

- Nation

- League

- Team

- Competition

So, for example, if I'm a New Zealand-born manager, managing York City, but my favorite club is Sheffield United, I might sign up to receive news for:

- Nation: New Zealand

- Leagues: English Premier League, (Blue Square Premier)

- Teams: England, Sheffield United, (York City, New Zealand)

- Competition: Champions League, F.A. Cup.

I would automatically receive news for York City (my team) and the Blue Square Premier (my league). I would receive news about the New Zealand national team because I had signed up for news about the New Zealand nation.

Archived