Jerky FM09

Why in the world is Fm09 so jerky in the 2d/3d engine? It's been the case in every FM game i've had.

I got a 22" LG screen (1690 x 1050 @ 60.00 hz), 256mb Radeon X800, 4gb DDR2 ram, Core Duo E4500@2.20GhZ...

What's up?!

What are you running at same time?

Run in windowed mode, it fixes everything. Seriously.

Fixes some problems but not all problems. I'm running windowed and it can be jerky, lag between fixtures and other stuff. Of course it might fix it in this case, but not in all cases.

Click on my username and check out my posts. I've been posting a few times about lags and jerkiness.

Its down to the lack of optimisation in the code a lot of the time. Sometimes it lags and jerks around a bit on my machine too - even the old jerky 2d pitch problem comes back sometimes.

Your graphics card, while perfectly decent, is a couple of years old, and i suspect its struggling with the poor optimisation of the 3d view/2d view.

• SI Staff

As other people have indicated changing resolutions/windowing can sometimes reduce jerkyness with the 3d view.

I run full-screen minimum resolution on my rather aged DELL laptop and its fine, only ever jerks if I'm building something in the background (ie. multi-tasking with other apps). If I try higher resolutions than that then I get a fair bit of lag however.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Archived