Is everyone else's transfer windows as crazy as mine?

I am playing as Spurs, and my transfer windows have so much player movement and inquiries it seriously takes me 2 days to get through it. I am curious to see if everyone is experiencing the same or if it is maybe because of my club being the way it is that I am dealing with this.

In my most recent window I bought 52 million worth of players and sold 57 million, however I still have 82 million cash and a 40 million dollar remaining budget. It is just insane every year.

What kind of transfer window is everyone else having?

I'm in 2012 and it seems to have calmed right down. In 2008 I sold Owen (With 6 months of his contract left) for £30m to Man City and a year later sold Coloccini for £48m to AC Milan.

Now in 2012 I'm trying to flog Robinho for just over his £18m asking price and getting no takers. Everyone keeps coming in with loan offers, ie £3m up front to loan him for the season then £12m if they decide to take him permanantly.

Now in 2012 I'm trying to flog Robinho for just over his £18m asking price and getting no takers. Everyone keeps coming in with loan offers, ie £3m up front to loan him for the season then £12m if they decide to take him permanantly.

That's exactly what happened to me when i tried to sell Keane in the first season. Everyone kept coming in with loan offers of about £3.4 million with £15.5 million to make it permanent.

Something is messed up with the transfers. I'm playing as Inter, and I've managed to get co-ownership of Udinese's Alexis Sanchez for 5M. Now that's ridiculous in itself, because he's really good and very versatile. He wasn't even unsettled either.

Anyway, he signs for me, plays two decent games, then Barcelona come knocking, asking to buy my 50% for 17,5M. We're talking about two weeks here. I tell them to pay 35M and they come back and make the offer. So here I am praying that Udinese will accept their bid (for something like 11M, which is stupid, again) and I can earn 30M in two weeks.

Yeah I agree the sale prices of players is still way too high as they have been in recent years. You would think that a world record smashing transfer would be something not often seen in a sim game like this but it happens about 4 times a year in my game. It sucks I hope they tone it down a bit in the next patch

Well Loan to buy is quite common really, i have a player out at feynoord, with a 1.4£ mill fee and a 4.6 million future fee. Although Feynoord keep offering only another 1.4million.

I actually think this is a good aspect of the transfers.

And if people are saying its too easy to buy players with 100's of million £'s, put yourself a transfer cap inplace.

The transfer windows in my game-save are usually fairly active but not by much, even if most of the transfers are on the low end and free transfers. :)

From what I've seen, in the lower leagues, the transfer system is much more realistic compared to the top flights. Either that, or I'm just getting lucky. ;)

Well Loan to buy is quite common really, i have a player out at feynoord, with a 1.4£ mill fee and a 4.6 million future fee. Although Feynoord keep offering only another 1.4million.

I actually think this is a good aspect of the transfers.

And if people are saying its too easy to buy players with 100's of million £'s, put yourself a transfer cap inplace.

I think some of the loan to buys are because players can't be sold twice in the same season.

At Liverpool, when I started I tried to sell Keane, Degen, Dossena and Riera straight away, but they have only just been bought, so you have to loan (for a year) to buy first.

I think.

I think some of the loan to buys are because players can't be sold twice in the same season.

At Liverpool, when I started I tried to sell Keane, Degen, Dossena and Riera straight away, but they have only just been bought, so you have to loan (for a year) to buy first.

I think.

That makes sense, but it is still possible to sign a player but he becomes inelidgable to play for you. I made a mistake of splashing out 10million for a player i couldnt play for half a season. I also think that its 3 teams, but im not too sure since im not at home & cant check.

Also i think its better to Loan to Buy since the greater AI wants to try the player out before buying.

My experience is that if you list some players too high, you'll get those "loan to buy" interests.. And they arent to easy to get rid of.. But if you had listed Robinho for say 10mill. You would probably get alot of "transfer" interests. And then you could offer him around for lets say 25, and you most probably would get a offer in that region..

Dont know why its like this.. And dont know what the "problem" is.. Its just my experience that its like that sometimes...

If clubs are interested in your players when they're not listet - it usually works listing them above their value, and you dont get those "loan to buy"... :-)

Archived