Im going cra cra cra cra crazy

1:Every game one of my players gets injured for minimum a month

2:On average i have 4-5 clear cut chances but my attacking men fail to score

3:On average the opposition have 1-2 clear cut chances and score 85-95% of the time

4:Ive played in my first season 30-35 games and have never scored more than 2 goals in a match unless they were lower league

5:My strikers who are all world class play like sunday leaguers and average 1 goal every 8 games

6:Every defender in the premier league deserves player of the year and every goal keeper i come up against deserves world player of the year

I did a test and played ten games with key highlights insted of full match and.......

I was winning games 3-4 nill my srikers were scoring for fun and getting good ratings and most of the above didnt exsist anymore. What the hell is going on i like to watch a match in full and see my players play not have the game finished in 2 minutes insted of 10, i spent £27.99 on this game to live the dream and be a manger not to feel like im watching match of the day every 10 mins. Watching the game on key highlights feels like im cheating but im pulling my hair out watching it on full mode.

On the plus side everything else is absolutley brilliant and maybe they should of called the game football directer insted because i feel like dennis wise not alex ferguson.

could someone please help me out because im close to crying and my partner thinks im wierd.

all of the above and raise you: tactics nerfing. players inexplicibly just stop playing to your tactics, stop closing down, stop putting in vital tackles, stop marking coherently, loose their first touch completely and just trundle around in a daze like snails on glass.

its really straining my interest. i don't want to have to recreate all my tactics every half season or so or replace my entire squad every close season to maintain some momentum.

not much fun tbh. i've basically gotten very good at reading the match engine and gaguing my teams mentalities to suit; too attacking, not attacking enough etc down to 5-6 different settings and variations and its just boring me now.

consistency without using top class players is hard, especially as you have pointed out: you are losing games 1-0 or 2-1 or 3-2 because you players can't play defensive formations and always concede ridiculous counter attacking goals or amazing long range efforts or gaffes the ai doesnt make anywhere near as often. the ai's seeming complete disregard for its own form and player stats doesnt help. i am tired of seeing crap players with poor stats skinning my world class full backs or dribbling 30 yards or scoring 40 yard screamers etc.

the only time i find the game lets you actually win things is when you have 1.5-2x better players than the level you are competing at, a huge wad of luck (random variable) and/or the ai sits back and lets you employ gung ho attack on them.

chuck in weather and pitch surfaces and player form and fitness (for some reason a pro athelete cant play two games a week without getting injured or performing utter crap) and you have a recipee for mediocrity at almost any level bar the absolute top of the game.

realistic? possibly. certainly isnt fun or rewarding.

Highlights mode doesn't affect results.

For 1), have you downloaded the patch? If yes, then try lowering the training intensity.

Its got nothing to do with training. This was corrected in the patch but there may still be a small issue. Log in bugs forum and add a save of your game. Make sure uve added the patch though, otherwise there would lie your problem.

My crazy time just happened.

Tottenham vs Man Utd (Me)

League Cup 3rd Round

1-1 after full time of a match heavily in my favour, comes down to penalties after extra time.

The first 20 !! penalties were all scored one after the other, from team to team, until it gets down to this particular deciding one, Pavlyuchenko scores and puts the pressure on us, our keeper steps up and misses.

Man Utd out the cup :@

3:On average the opposition have 1-2 clear cut chances and score 85-95% of the time

4:Ive played in my first season 30-35 games and have never scored more than 2 goals in a match unless they were lower league

5:My strikers who are all world class play like sunday leaguers and average 1 goal every 8 games

6:Every defender in the premier league deserves player of the year and every goal keeper i come up against deserves world player of the year

I did a test and played ten games with key highlights insted of full match and.......

I was winning games 3-4 nill my srikers were scoring for fun and getting good ratings and most of the above didnt exsist anymore. What the hell is going on i like to watch a match in full and see my players play not have the game finished in 2 minutes insted of 10, i spent £27.99 on this game to live the dream and be a manger not to feel like im watching match of the day every 10 mins. Watching the game on key highlights feels like im cheating but im pulling my hair out watching it on full mode.

On the plus side everything else is absolutley brilliant and maybe they should of called the game football directer insted because i feel like dennis wise not alex ferguson.

could someone please help me out because im close to crying and my partner thinks im wierd.

your not alone comrade. i agree with everything youve brought up.

yes i have the new patch didnt play the first one though! everything about this game is better than 08 except for the issues i brought up and maybe a few others and i think it may be the same for alot of other people to. im not sure wether to stop playing and wait a few weeks for the new patch and hope it sorts a few things out but i can say for defo i will not be going back to 08.

ps

is it not strange that when i watch the match in full i score alot less than if i were to watch just key highlights. maybe those who just use the key highlights could play a few game in full mode and see how they get on and vice versa and know it sounds like a old wifes tale but i belive theres a chance i could be onto something let me know thx

cave, at your PS...

Total chance. Highlights don't affect it at all - it's the same match. You can watch the full match after you play it in key highlights, and that is exactly the same as if you played it in key. No effect on the game.

so how did i manage to score a shed load of goals on key but when i played in full mode i couldnt get my players to score at all. and this was tested over a full season!!!

its defo a problem i think that its more like sometimes you can score loas than none. wayne rooney went over 21 hours without scoring on mine i had a great defence then all of a sudden was leaking goals left right an centre. i hate it alot but im kinda seeing it as an extra challenge atm tho lol

Most people I know do not have any problems with injuries since the patch, I've heard there may still be a slight issue with injuries though, but not to the extent you're implying.

This is brought up every year, and every time it is down to tactics. Trust me, this is down to something you are or are not doing in the game.

Same as above, brought up every year and every year it is down to tactics.

Tactics, tactics, tactics. If it wasn't down to tactics every single person playing the game would be complaining that they'd never scored more than 2 goals, which simply isn't the case.

You know what I'm going to say don't you? Yes, tactics. Again if it wasn't there wouldn't be people in the records thread with strikers who've scored loads of goals.

That's because you make it too easy with them with your obviously flawed tactics.

Rubbish, highlights have absolutely nothing to do with the calculations made in the game, it's simply coincidence and the time you changed the highlight mode was probably around the same time that the AI started getting wise to whatever tactic you were using.

This is just another example of someone who can't win blaming the game. If you want to talk about the fact that it may be too difficult to identify why your tactics are not working, or get help improving your tactics then head over to the tactics forum and read a few threads and perhaps post your tactic for someone to have a look at. I guarentee you that all of your problems, except perhaps the first one, are tactics related.

another "its your tatics" reply if your getting lots of sucsess then can you point me in the right direction please because i do find the game hard and dont understand what im doing when it comes to tatics but dont tell me its my tatics because ive heard it all befor lol

Same as above, brought up every year and every year it is down to tactics.

Sorry, but missing clar cut chances is NOTHING to do with your tactics.

When a player in real life is clear through on goal, he's not thinking 'I've been told to pass it wide more often and to have 18 creative freedom and stand on the near post at corners' he's thinking how can I get this ball past the 'keeper and into the net' and nothing else.

In real life, tactics create chances, players finish them.

the perennial 'opposition score more chances than I do' or 'it takes 10 one-on-ones to score' situations are not, or at least SHOULD not be anything to do with tactics.

Highlights mode doesn't affect results.

Are you sure? Not that Im doubting and I dont even know what you were answering... its just that in FM06 highlights affected the results sometimes like some forced red cards (always same player, every match, same minute).

So just asking :p

Sorry, but missing clar cut chances is NOTHING to do with your tactics.

When a player in real life is clear through on goal, he's not thinking 'I've been told to pass it wide more often and to have 18 creative freedom and stand on the near post at corners' he's thinking how can I get this ball past the 'keeper and into the net' and nothing else.

In real life, tactics create chances, players finish them.

the perennial 'opposition score more chances than I do' or 'it takes 10 one-on-ones to score' situations are not, or at least SHOULD not be anything to do with tactics.

This is actually a very good point.

While my point still stands that these problems are tactics based in this game, and can be solved by altering your tactics, you're right that a strikers ability to finish shouldn't necessarily be totally reliant on tactics.

Incidentally I think that the tactics system in '09 is far too complicated and that it is too difficult to successfully alter your tactics to solve these problems. But the fact remains that these issues are caused by tactics, and whether the tactics are too complicated and counter intuative is a different argument.

Well there is so much micro management in this game we can basically blame everything in the game on tactics,I mean you never won every game..its your tactics..to many injuries or too long injured..its your tactics...the tea lady never got your favorite pink cookies...its your tactics.you basically have 3 choices.

1.Goto the tactics forum and download someone else's tactics like many players have done and say "man I win alot of games now" when they should be saying"wow I put no thought into this game and look at me"and then post a "its your tactics"at every negative poster.

2.Do what I am doing and just find a tactic that you think is good and hope for the best come the next patch,I change my tactic from time to time if players are injured but I am sick of all the micro management in this game so I dont go over board,sure I have been on runs of 7 games without a win but I have also had runs of 11 games without defeat.

3.Realise you spent 50 euro on a football manager game that indeed turned out to be a blind slider game where a world class 11 could be beaten by a non-league side on any given day.

I have never quite understood how my tactics can make my strikers miss all their chances, surely a one-on-one is similar whatever tactics you employ ?

Personally since cm/fm05 the game has been all about creating a team/tactics that creates twice as many chances as the opposition and then this gives you a decent chance of success.

in fm09 forwards are well lets face it pants unless they are on the oppisition side its a fact but i have moaned about this but hade some helpful guy *cnt remeber who* gave me a shove in a differnt direction so i went to the traing and used these and all of a sudden my forwards are scoring cus i have a training program for them to learn how to shot (yes btw these being players such as aguero and robinho and huntelaar learning to shoot) :) but i find one thing very starnge inded i have a 15yr old regenon the bench with as stats cost me a mill from forest (im man city) and he is better than these so called world class players lol but forwards finishing's should all drop to 2 when you sign one cus they just dont score for god sake my MC (elano) scores my most goals being 15 in a season which sucks but hey i have a WBL with 12 in a season makes no sense.

I even played to AMC insted of forwards but it failed lol

Archived